RAPID Synthesizer | Rapid 1.8.0 released | Free "SP - Granular Elements"

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic

Spencer Maddox wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 1:10 am I noticed presets take longer to load then most other VSTIS I have.
About 5 seconds.
It’s not a big deal its just slower then I’m used to.
5 seconds to load a preset?

enCiphered wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 7:52 pm
Spencer Maddox wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 1:10 am I noticed presets take longer to load then most other VSTIS I have.
About 5 seconds.
Not a fixed time. It heavily depends on the amount of content used in the particular preset. A wavetable with just 4 shapes loads instantly. But a 4 layer sequence each with big piano or complex wavetables takes a bit longer. Since it's multi threaded loading, it also depends on the number of cores your CPU uses.
parawave wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 7:42 pm Image

We released Cinematic Exposure !
Watch the preset showcase here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3OOs5oXNME

parawave wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 8:02 pm
About 5 seconds.
Not a fixed time. It heavily depends on the amount of content used in the particular preset. A wavetable with just 4 shapes loads instantly. But a 4 layer sequence each with big piano or complex wavetables takes a bit longer. Since it's multi threaded loading, it also depends on the number of cores your CPU uses.
Now it makes sense, thanks :tu:

enCiphered wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 9:29 pm
parawave wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 8:02 pm
About 5 seconds.
Now it makes sense, thanks :tu:
Yea. Admittedly 5 seconds may be a bit extreme end.
Usually more like 2-3 seconds for most presets. Just to follow up on that point I made.
I’d be curious to see what the loading speed on the most complex patch I can make would be.
The post above this is likely bait, viewer discretion is advised.

@parawave

I just got the best idea for a feature to add into rapid, it would be so useful and change the way rapid is edited
adjust all mode (or a keyboard shortcut, like hold shift/alt while adjusting)

Basically when in this mode you are editing every layer at once, but only for the currently selected control.
Often times I find myself layering different versions of the same patch, but if I want to say go in and increase the attack of each layer, or turn unison off on all layers I have to go in layer by layer to adjust.

This could also not affect muted layers. or it could even be relative, so if you have different lfo rates, you could speed them all up or down relative to where they were before

I understand that there are controls on the M page, but this would be a little more advanced, maybe even the option to toggle it would have to be activated to avoid frustration from beginners.

Basically, just auto copy parameter across active layers while holding shift would be the easiest way to implement this

Hope you like the idea
Check out my website for synth/software articles reviews and presets http://databroth.com (new review every monday)

I also do experimental sound design and demos of plugins (no talking) on my youtube: https://www.youtube.com/databroth

A full movietrack composed by Matthias Förster and made with 100% of the new XT Cinematic Exposure. Totally awesome track:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSUYHO44Q_g

You got me with the part starting from 4'10. :clap:
Please don’t read the above post. It’s a stupid one. Simply pass.

And another new review by Demis Hellen. This one is a bit longer and is a good overview of all new features of version 1.7.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eZaLMaOXL4

Here is a follow up video by Demis Hellen on preset design with Rapid.

Reminiscent to the style of Jean-Michel Jarre he creates some interesting sequence presets. At the end some kind of 'ocean waves' emulator, purely built with noise samples. Very creative approach!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dE9B6nkP1RQ

Rapid FX doesn´t work here in Studio One 4.6 (win10)...

It loads fine but doesn´t treat the audio with any FX...
Works fine though in any other DAW I own (Reaper, FL Studio).

Is this a known issue??

I was interested to buy it on sale, but they charge me 20% tax, even though I’m not in Europe!!

I’ll pass...

You shouldn´t...
This synth is worth every penny!!
I had to pay as well 19% more because of VAT while I am not living in a country in the duty of VAT but I didn´t regret!!!
This was the best purchase this year!

Trancit wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 9:24 pm Rapid FX doesn´t work here in Studio One 4.6 (win10)...

It loads fine but doesn´t treat the audio with any FX...
Works fine though in any other DAW I own (Reaper, FL Studio).

Is this a known issue??
I found the solution:

Rapid FX does not work on mono tracks!!!
Perhaps you can find a fix for that...
It does work fine on stereo tracks though!! :tu:

An evolving discount on the expansions like FabFilter would have me purchasing a lot more than the one I own! Hint hint!

Presets should load faster please and thanks, oh can we get NKS support yet for NI Komplete Kontrol keyboards yet too.. Thnx
INTERFACE: RME ADI-2/4 Pro/Antelope Orion Studio Synergy Core/BAE 1073 MPF Dual/Heritage Audio Successor+SYMPH EQ
SYNTHS: Korg Kronos X 88/Yamaha Montage M8x/Sequential Trigon 6/
Behringer DM12D/Pro-800

Return to “Instruments”