Arturia Pigments 2 (Free Update): Now it's Granular

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Pigments 5

https://www.arturia.com/products/analog ... verview#en

New Sample Engine
Explore hundreds of samples, import your own, load them into one of 6 different slots with 6 playback modes. Loop, edit, and bring them to life with Pigments’ modulation abilities.

New Synth Mode
Add another level to your sound design by transforming samples into granular synth patches at the touch of a button, adjust density, envelope, size, and exciting randomization parameters.

New Sequencer
The in-built sequencer now lets you apply randomness in a non-destructive way, letting you always return back to where you started, perfect for live performance and improvisation.

New Filter and Delay
We’ve added the iconic sound of the Buchla Easel low pass gate and a space-age tape echo to Pigments’ sonic arsenal, for some seriously nice warping, contorting analog flavor

MPE compatibility as well. Kiiinda glad I didn't jump on Straylight during the Black Friday sale now.

Wow!

Looks good....and for 99 intro as well. Maybe worth to demo again.

Out of nowhere o.O! We have a new contender!

Hmm, on the other hand, I already have enough regular synths, and it will be difficult to beat Padshop 2 when it comes to granular sound.
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

dumbledog wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 1:51 pm https://www.arturia.com/products/analog ... verview#en

New Sample Engine
Explore hundreds of samples, import your own, load them into one of 6 different slots with 6 playback modes. Loop, edit, and bring them to life with Pigments’ modulation abilities.

New Synth Mode
Add another level to your sound design by transforming samples into granular synth patches at the touch of a button, adjust density, envelope, size, and exciting randomization parameters.

New Sequencer
The in-built sequencer now lets you apply randomness in a non-destructive way, letting you always return back to where you started, perfect for live performance and improvisation.

New Filter and Delay
We’ve added the iconic sound of the Buchla Easel low pass gate and a space-age tape echo to Pigments’ sonic arsenal, for some seriously nice warping, contorting analog flavor

MPE compatibility as well. Kiiinda glad I didn't jump on Straylight during the Black Friday sale now.
Yes!!!

Holy Shit- Eat that for an update MassiveX and you animated ADSR curves!
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Even cheaper with individual discounts...

*checks VST synth folder*

Damn I already own 19 synths lol. But £59 for this or £73 for the Icarus 2 upgrade... I need to stop at some point.

and unison for all synth engines now. shit, i must continue my splice rent to own plan now!

Would like to see the full list of changes. Unison for analog engine too... We've been waiting for this.

Igro wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 2:17 pm Would like to see the full list of changes. Unison for analog engine too... We've been waiting for this.
https://www.arturia.com/support/downloads&manuals
Engines
Added a new sample engine
Added a granular section within the sample engine
Unison available within all the engines
Unison voice count is now a continuous parameter
Added a FM toggle switch for oscs #1 and #2 of the Virtual Analog engine

Filters
Added a new west coast low pass gate
Added the ability to copy one filter to the other

Effects
Added a new tape echo delay
Improved Compressor ballistics
Added a fine delay control to the Delay
Added the ability to toggle buses on/off
Drag & drop and swap improvements

Modulators
Added the ability to bypass / remove / reassign modulations
Functions can now be used as loopable multi-segments envelopes
Each random modulation source can now be Sample & Hold, Binary or Turing

Sequencer
Plugin can output MIDI data
Reworked random, it is now a deviation around "regular" values
Reworked scale quantization, including user scales
New transpose knob (modulable) before scale quantization

Other
Added MPE support
Added a Vu-meter in the toolbar
GUI has been revamped
Added undo/redo, with keyboard shortcuts available in standalone

Bugfixes
Various minor bugfixes

Why nobody adds a xy pad like alchemy to blend between all layers? :(
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Sadly i cannot demo it. I hope they sort it out since the demo time is running but it won´t update to v.2 and always jumps back to the previous one.

I'm glad I didn't check their software center popup last night or I probably wouldn't have gotten any sleep. Can't wait to get home and update Pigments now.

It's become my go-to synth unless I'm looking for a specific sound I know I can get more easily from something else. I skipped the VC6 -> VC7 upgrade, but I definitely would have paid for this.

wondering...what offer one has having a single synth from the V collection ?? :?: wow// :clap:
MPG X670E CARBON Ryzen 9 7900, 64Gb 6K DDR5 4x2tb Nvmes

Return to “Instruments”