Hermetech Mastering wrote: ↑
Mon Dec 09, 2019 3:17 am
About three to four hours a day, five days a week the last three and half years. But it's constantly changing, I make a point of changing it up a little bit every week to keep things interesting. Here's my exact routine right now, but it won't make much sense without explanations I'm afraid, and that's as it should be, everyone should be making the routines that work for them, based on their short, medium and long term goals. I'd be happy to expand if anyone has any questions on particular parts though.
- Wipe Down, Tuning & Finger Stretches
- Spider Exercise 150 bpm
- Finger Gym 80 bpm
- Find CGDAEBF 160 bpm 2 min & 1 min on G (do visualisation later in bed)
- Maj scale 80 bpm 16th notes
- Modes: Name Intervals for Maj & Min Pent Scales, Daily Mode In G, Open G, Barre Chords
- Modes: Play 1 string (150 bpm) and 2 string (149 bpm) patterns
- Modes: Harmonise & name chords in key of G with all three shapes
- Modes: Play all modes with chords 150 bpm
- Modes: Play all modes parallel in G 150 bpm
- Modes: Explore Daily Mode with drone (relate chord to mode)
- Modes: Switch between all Maj & all Min Modes in G with drone (relate chord shapes to mode)
- Minor Pentatonic Runs 134 bpm 3 versions (GET TO 135 BPM THEN ADD TOGETHER)
- Minor Pentatonic/Blues improv (with backing tracks 84 or 100 bpm, or free)
- Disappearing Metronome 60 bpm 16/8/4/8/16 Notes
- Strumming x 5
- Songs: 1) Sulis 3 x 2 min 55 bpm 2) Satie A & learn B 3) Anji A, B & learn C 4) Fine Horseman (Capo 2) 92 bpm
- Travis Picking Book: Two Chords or Patterns Per Measure - 6 Types (FINAL WEEK)
- Fingerstyle: 3 x 5 min
- Extra: New Andy Video & Rewatch Old Andy Videos
- Dicking about/more songs (in evening)
Yes, it's very heavy on the technique right now, but that's because I have a ten year goal of fast tracking myself to becoming a very good guitarist, and I play a lot of songs/have more relaxed/less structured dicking about in the evenings (which is just as important as the structured routine I do earlier in the day). That's also usually when I start to try and come up with my own stuff.
Things like the strumming, disappearing metronome and daily mode practise also change depending upon the day of the week. At weekends I just dick about when I feel like it/no structured routine.
Another note, this is purely acoustic, I only pick up the electric about once every two months.