Cheers Paul!

Official support for: zynaddsubfx.sourceforge.net
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Thank you for Zyn! I just added a review as I noticed no one had reviewed it yet. I think/hope it has a great future ahead of it. :)

fleetmouse wrote:Thank you for Zyn! I just added a review as I noticed no one had reviewed it yet. I think/hope it has a great future ahead of it. :)
Hi.
Thanks.
Can you tell me the url of the review?
Paul

paulnasca wrote:
fleetmouse wrote:Thank you for Zyn! I just added a review as I noticed no one had reviewed it yet. I think/hope it has a great future ahead of it. :)
Hi.
Thanks.
Can you tell me the url of the review?
Paul
The review is posted on the Zyn instrument page right here at KVR.

Cheers,

f

fleetmouse wrote: The review is posted on the Zyn instrument page right here at KVR.

Cheers,

f
I read the review and it's really very intersting.
I am in the slowly process of writing the documentation(it's harder to write doc than code :hihi:), I would like to include in it (and in the future webpages) your review (or portions of it) and I want to ask your permision to do so.
Thanks.
Paul

taken from review:

> but man, I'd like to load a few instances of it...
> Unfortunately it seems like I can only load one instance - if I load two it crashes FL.

sorry but... could You explain(i.e. give a concrete example) why do You need more than one instance of this VSTi? You may call this ignorance but trying the power of zynaddsubfx (supports 16-channel multitimbral, instument kits in one instance, native effects for each instrument individually, etc.), one instance can consume whole CPU power of modern x86 CPU very effectively :D . Sorry if I missed something (like You may be PPC user ;) )

Maybe the things will change when AVEX technology will be ready.

best regards

FLS supports multi-timbral instruments, with separate MIDI tracks and patches for each voice. That being the case, fleet, you can get up to 16 patches out of one instance, CPU allowing. That should help you out some.

I haven't tried it with Zyn, but I have with B-4 (I wrote a description about that in Hosts once), VSC, and sfz. Short description: you set the PORT on the synth instance, add a MIDI Out generator for each additional MIDI channel, set the appropriate channels and set the ports to match the synth's, then set the synth up for the appropriate incoming channels.

For more information, try doing a search for B-4 in Hosts.

Doug
Logic is a pretty flower that smells bad - Spock, in "I, Mudd"

For a good time click http://www.belindabedekovic.com/video_fl_en.htm

Yes, I am a dipshit. I figured that out all by myself shortly after posting the review. :oops:

Odd I didn't realize that, cause I do similar things in FL / Reaktor with different instruments on different channels in the same instance...

Now I have to revise the fershlugginer review yet again!

Paul - feel free to quote it - after I fix it!

I finally got to try out 2.11 after i fixed my gentoo box

nice work paul, blows me away the possibilities in the program.

Paul any chance of putting that link back up to the direct VST.dll without the install.
One user here uses Live 4.0 like me but the linked .dll was the only file that worked and I missed out on access to it.
The installer is fine as a standalone but Live 4.0 doesn't really like it much at all as a VST apparently when using the installer provided.
Any help here would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
FaX
Links to other media sites and contact details are available at the bottom of my artists website.

http://venndiagram.ca

Hi, FaX.
Unfortunately, I deleted that .dll.
Right now, I cannot compile, because I don't have windows anymore. I will try to compile it under linux (this is called "cross-compilation").

Paul

Thanx for the reply Paul ...much appreciated mate.
Cheers.
Links to other media sites and contact details are available at the bottom of my artists website.

http://venndiagram.ca

Return to “ZynAddSubFX”