What guitar gear have you bought/are you buying/will you buy?

A forum for discussion of all things guitar!
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

still keeping an eye out for a purple bass 6 non baritone

although revelation also do a nice sunburst guitar in the same style. id stay 6 though as 12 is too jangly.

(for my personal requirements) not sure it would be wise with the ever growing pedal board :hihi:

vurt wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:00 pmid stay 6 though as 12 is too jangly.
Please move thread to HPC for blasphemy in front of donks...

Forgotten wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:02 pm
vurt wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:00 pmid stay 6 though as 12 is too jangly.
Please move thread to HPC for blasphemy in front of donks...
i did clarify and hope to survive this :scared:

vurt wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:00 pm too jangly.
:nutter:

Thomann got back to me, saying they had only 1 b-stock pedalboard left, asking if I agreed to get an a-stock instead.
"Of course I do", I said, before noticing the sneakily updated grand total.

Silly they waste time on €4, instead of scoring some customer goodwill. Not my fault their site fails to limit sales to what's in stock!

Anyways, I managed to set things right before Thomann ships. Even managed to add a useful yet cheap item to get free shipping, despite my initial order being halved. Still, until I received confirmation I worried more than I should, I cannot help it, I've turned into a silly old git.

The b-stock pedalboard saga continues.
If Thomann would have just sent the b-stock item they had, plus one a-stock at same price, payment would have gone through.
Their decision to ask me for €4 extra caused a delay.
I didn't want the full-price board, so I had to add an extra item to dodge the shipping fee. So I have to add €4 after all.
But now it's too late to charge my cc. Thomann asked to pay by bank transfer instead. So I did, but I forgot to add their reference.

In short, if Thomann had just sent my order without extra cost, they'd have saved money.
Now there's several mails from different employees, a bank transfer, accounting hassle, and a further wait for me.
Not my fault their webshop doesn't enforce stock limits...

And now Paypal tells me Thomann has finally returned the €90 they owed me to my cc :lol:
If I'm lucky, it will show by the end of the week...

Logged in just to show off : I ordered my 9th Harley Benton PowerPlant ISO-2 Pro power supply bank. Ha! Ha!

This year:

Peavey Predator plus guitar: $20
Peavey Express 112 65W amp: free (had to do a full run through with deoxit)
Dean Boca 12 string electric
Yamaha FG JR 1 3/4 size acoustic, then sold
Mitchell DJ120 3/4 scale acoustic $10 (love this guitar)
Danelectro Daddy-O overdrive $15
Sears & Roebuck 3/4 scale acoustic from 1970 or so $15. Looks identical to a Harmony Stella. If

A few days ago, I ordered my 3rd Harley Benton Spaceship pedal board. Another b-stock item. And what do I find today? A used one at half price, 10km away. Which makes for good exercise on my bicycle. I couldn't resist...

Pedals were a stepping stone to pedal board hoarding :idiot:

Reorganising my room today when Mrs Resynthesis, quite nastily I thought, asked me why I needed a dozen wahs! Just as well she didn't see the others in my mate's basement and the incoming Big Bad Wah. That'll probably be my last guitary thing of 2019.

Maybe I should do a family shot before she has her way with some of them.

Just gone on a bit of a cable fest as my usual 7 year itch struck with my Sommer Classique/Neutrik setup. Luckily Amazon and Rich Tone Music have good prices on a few so ordered Kirlin Premium Plus, Amboz Red Dragon and a full Boss “Studio Grade” cable chain (2 x cables, 3 x patch). Should cure the itch, for now :roll:

Mogami Meh! :hihi:
I miss MindPrint. My TRIO needs a big brother.

I might pickup Iridium. Still on the fence. Just worried it will wind up in the same box as the Line 6 PODs I have collected over the years and never use.
🌐 Spotify 🔵 Soundcloud 🌀 Soundclick

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

Return to “Guitars”