Arturia Pigments 2 (Free Update): Now it's Granular

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Pigments 5

Reasonable with such an attractive offer...

telecode wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 4:41 pm
neverbeeninariot wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 4:24 pm This looks like an awesome (free!) update, super happy about unison for the analog engine, and now a sample engine with granular. Sweeeeeeeet. :)
Thanks, Arturia!
how is this a free update for you?
I thought it was free for all v1 owners? It just appeared as an update in software center

martinjuenke wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 6:08 pm Arturia site broken?
Calenberger wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 6:13 pm Reasonable with such an attractive offer...
Why do you post on two accounts??

Anyway, I'm trying to download the demo but it seems their servers are getting hammered at the moment.

Kongru wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 3:20 pm This looks amazing, I've been looking for a new granular synth.
Same here - I just had a bit of a "WTH, is this real?" moment there reading the thread title. Nice work, Arturia. And nice timing too. :party:

Hmm, tried demo, now it quite interesting thing, quite decent grain engine. Though nor say that something new, but such freedom of modulation is not found everywhere (last time I somehow missed it). And not a much cpu usage founded. Will need grab.

Looks interesting but I installed the Download Manager, reluctantly, and wasn't rewarded. Failed to connect twice.

Uninstalled DM. Oh well.
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

f**k man they offer it for me for 50 bucks, yay or nay? an xp is more expensive of some other synths
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Touch The Universe wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 6:48 pm Looks interesting but I installed the Download Manager, reluctantly, and wasn't rewarded. Failed to connect twice.

Uninstalled DM. Oh well.
Server probably being hammered with the free update- it toom me 2 or 3 attempts, but it connected and downloaded just fine.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

They updated the product pages and there are updates for all V-Collection plug-ins. Also, at that price, they probably have people reading up on the features and buying it. So not too surprising that the website is in distress...
..off to play with my music toys - library music production.
http://www.FiveMinuteHippo.com

I took advantage of that intro price last year even though I haven't used Pigments that much because I like the UX of Abletons Wavetable and then was lost in fiddling around with Massive X. But then I got V Collection recently and was REALLY impressed.
And then a free huge update to Pigments? Arturia has been KILLING IT. This also explains why their server is borked.

So I'm not seeing any acknowledgement of the 2 Pigments 2 update in My Arturia or Arturia Software app on windows...

EDIT: It automatically logged out then logged back in again showing the update
...................and it logged back out again

Once you can get the Downloads page to load after 10 minutes the actual download speed of Pigments is FAST

It would've been nice if they put all the new presets into their own section
Last edited by mooter on Thu Dec 12, 2019 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wow, that was fast - just 1 year since release of the first version.
Missed $69 sale this summer, but will definitely buy it now :love:

Hats off to Arturia, seems like a legit update for a great price (if any)! :clap:

We're really living in the golden age of electronic music instruments :phones:
The GAS is always greener on the other side!

The granular engine is very cool. Drums transformed into pads in a second. But nobody would know it without a Dry/Wet knob. The workaround is to launch two sample engines and play with volumes.

With all these options and possiblities, it's sad to have a hardwired VCO envelope...
Last edited by Igro on Thu Dec 12, 2019 8:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

mooter wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:40 pm
It would've been nice if they put all the new presets into their own section
They do....go to the browser page and there is a selection called V2 presets...
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Yep just noticed it, thanks :p

Return to “Instruments”