One Synth Challenge #129: Lith by Soda Devices (TheNeverScene Wins!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Lith

ilmai wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:23 pm Voted! Feels like the overall quality level wasn’t as great as last month...
My impression was the opposite...; - )

I must say that I think many people grasped the nettle and worked hard to get the right sound and feel from this synth. Despite its "annoyances", it's very capable, and will be better with some of the issues addressed. I found it OK to get that "live feel" for my track. In other words, I did not want to go for a clean "digital" signal everywhere, but also did not want to "distort" the sound to get that slightly "degraded" feel for a "live venue"! I wanted to get the feel with the sound design - and this I could do, well, at least I hope you hear this when you audition my track!

Don't forget to give each soloist their "jazz clap" :D … hmmm … maybe I should have done audience and claps!!! :dog:

Thanks for letting us use/bash your synth ... much appreciated. :tu:

dB

Tj Shredder wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:53 pm My impression was the opposite...; - )
That’s fine, it’s great that we have different tastes and opinions going in OSC :)

Hi Forum,
Just Voted. I was pleasantly surpirsed by the variety and creative. Thumbs Up for FrogsInPants - Hylid Forest Evening
https://soundcloud.com/user-768555121/f ... st-evening - Wonderful natural sound effects, amazing what one can do with a synth such as Lith. Definitely a keeper.

Oorlab wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:10 pm Thumbs Up for FrogsInPants - Hylid Forest Evening
Wonderful natural sound effects, amazing what one can do with a synth such as Lith. Definitely a keeper.
Well, thank you so much. I'm really glad people are liking it. In case anyone wants to play with those sounds, here are the patches I made for the piece. (Unfortunately, poor little Bufo the toad won't play quite right without automation unless you can bang out two very rapid pulses with a CC change in between, but half a chirp is still cute.)
HFE-presets.7z
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Celebrating 50 years of pants with frogs in them

FrogsInPants wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:46 am , here are the patches I made for the piece. HFE-presets.7z
Many Thanks!

doctorbob wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:20 pm I must say that I think many people grasped the nettle and worked hard to get the right sound and feel from this synth. Despite its "annoyances", it's very capable, and will be better with some of the issues addressed. I found it OK to get that "live feel" for my track. In other words, I did not want to go for a clean "digital" signal everywhere, but also did not want to "distort" the sound to get that slightly "degraded" feel for a "live venue"! I wanted to get the feel with the sound design - and this I could do, well, at least I hope you hear this when you audition my track!

Don't forget to give each soloist their "jazz clap" :D … hmmm … maybe I should have done audience and claps!!! :dog:

Thanks for letting us use/bash your synth ... much appreciated. :tu:

dB
Despite the crash problem at first, I'm glad you say that way.
Thanks a bunch! :)

Just voted and I must say, quality over quantity. Enjoyed listening to your tracks a lot.

Voted!!

Maybe this round didn't quite reach the extreme peaks of some other rounds, but the average quality was quite high. It was nice to only have to listen to about 20 tracks and almost all of them pretty good in their own diverse ways.

Congratulations to all who managed to submit a track this month and good luck!

-Daniel

Done my first vote … may change it a little … so nice to hear some more electronic music (in-genre) and electronica based music. Lith brought out some very good stuff in many … constantly surprised by the tracks - and WHO did them! :clap: :clap:

Simply well done done everyone. :clap: :clap: :clap:

************ DoctorBob has VOTED ********

dB

Voted. Very interesting month -- lots of people went kind of quirky and I think I gave more 4's and 5's than ever before. Nice work all, and of course, thanks to BJ and Richard for holding this thing together month after month!

I agree with you @ontrackp - some very interesting experimental tracks and tracks with experimental noises and motifs! I gave more 4's and 5's proportionally than usual too!

In many ways a hard vote … but fun! Really :D

As always, well done all, and good luck :tu:

dB

Voted.

Thanks to all for an enjoyable listening experience. very educational too.
Was really amazed to hear what was possible, especially the really good
drums and percussion some of you got out of it. :tu: to all.

Voted.

It was a pleasure to go through all your tracks, so much diversity ... and I fell that this was a more experiemntal round. Cool!
And btw thanks to all that left a comment on my track!

@Richard / @BJ: There was one "empty" track in the voting sheet. Soundcloud responded with "track not found" when I followed the sc link in the voting sheet :-( I pushed this "track" into the 1 point slot... hope it's okay this way and will not be recorded as error or missed to vote.

BR
] Peter:H [

@Peter:H and the admins-
that "missing" track is Radioactive Moth's entry. It appears they changed their SoundCloud url so the track can no longer be found from the link in the voting site. It is still in the playlist and you can find it HERE.

So the track does in fact exist, and you should score it.
mostly here for the One Synth Challenge
you can hear some of my newest music at: https://wrenharmonic.bandcamp.com/ or https://www.youtube.com/@wrenharmonic

Return to “Instruments”