Arturia Pigments 2 (Free Update): Now it's Granular

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Pigments 5

U guys who say it sounds thin. U must be deaf. This synth is one of the best sounding on the market. The GUI is genius. And synth itself has giant potential to grow. I predict increasing number of engines in the next updates.

....for instance an additive engine.

Iva wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:02 pm U guys who say it sounds thin. U must be deaf. This synth is one of the best sounding on the market. The GUI is genius. And synth itself has giant potential to grow. I predict increasing number of engines in the next updates.
It's good. But i was loading it up and comparing to Massive X. Should I be comparing it to Massive X? I don't really know. But they sound very different to my ears.
🌐 Spotify 🔵 Soundcloud 🌀 Soundclick

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

telecode wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:07 pm It's good. But i was loading it up and comparing to Massive X. Should I be comparing it to Massive X? I don't really know. But they sound very different to my ears.
the good sound of Massive X is a legend based on the lack of arguments NI fan have to promote this bullshit synth.

drdriller wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:13 pm
telecode wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:07 pm It's good. But i was loading it up and comparing to Massive X. Should I be comparing it to Massive X? I don't really know. But they sound very different to my ears.
the good sound of Massive X is a legend based on the lack of arguments NI fan have to promote this bullshit synth.
I don't think its legend. I personally tried it last night to compare the system resource hit between Pigments 2 and Massive X. Maybe it was just the presents. I was mosly loading and trying with the pad presets with lots of effects and voices. Pigments 2 seems to use less resources but doesn't quite sound as full as Massive X when played on its own.

But I agree, I prefer the Pigments GUI compared to the Massive X one. MX totally unintuitive IMO. I don't know what brand of acid NI devs were smoking when making that one.
🌐 Spotify 🔵 Soundcloud 🌀 Soundclick

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

telecode wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:19 pm
I don't think its legend. I personally tried it last night to compare the system resource hit between Pigments 2 and Massive X. Maybe it was just the presents. I was mosly loading and trying with the pad presets with lots of effects and voices. Pigments 2 seems to use less resources but doesn't quite sound as full as Massive X when played on its own.

But I agree, I prefer the Pigments GUI compared to the Massive X one. MX totally unintuitive IMO. I don't know what brand of acid NI devs were smoking when making that one.
To really compare the sound, just create 2 identical presets with the waveforms and the FX in both. That would be a fair comparison rather than comparing presets which have different attributes I'd say.

telecode wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:07 pm
Should I be comparing it to Massive X? I don't really know. But they sound very different to my ears.
I compare it to Pigments and its a nice update.

Hmm.... crashed my DAW (Cubase 10.5) while importing a wavetable.
The crash dump shows INVALID_POINTER_READ_c0000005_Pigments.vst3!boost_155::archive::detail::iserializer_boost_155::archive::text_iarchive,Arturia::JuceArturiaLib::SPresetInfo_::load_object_data

exponent1 wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:28 pm

To really compare the sound, just create 2 identical presets with the waveforms and the FX in both. That would be a fair comparison rather than comparing presets which have different attributes I'd say.
This is one of the most ridiculous things I've read on KVR and I've read a lot of ridiculous things here. They are completely different plugins. There is no way to "create 2 identical presets". Comparing them is also pointless. Again, two totally different plugins.

Jesus people, can't anyone on these newsgroups just enjoy/not enjoy something and stop with the pointless comparisons? Its OK to like or not like something. It really is. Your world won't come crashing down if you like Pigments and I don't. Go and create with the stuff you like.

rezoneight wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 6:03 pm
Jesus people, can't anyone on these newsgroups just enjoy/not enjoy something
Ahhh, remember Usenet? Now those were the days :D

This is one of the most ridiculous things I've read on KVR and I've read a lot of ridiculous things here. They are completely different plugins. There is no way to "create 2 identical presets". Comparing them is also pointless. Again, two totally different plugins.

Jesus people, can't anyone on these newsgroups just enjoy/not enjoy something and stop with the pointless comparisons? Its OK to like or not like something. It really is. Your world won't come crashing down if you like Pigments and I don't. Go and create with the stuff you like.
Have to agree! "create 2 identical presets" LOL Sorry that is utter nonsense.
Intel® Core™ i9-9900K•Cubase 11•Presonus Eris E8 XT•Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 & Octopre•NI Kontrol S61 MK2•Stein­berg CC121•Synthesizers: Arturia Casio Korg Roland Yamaha

4damind wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 5:19 pm Hmm.... crashed my DAW (Cubase 10.5) while importing a wavetable.
The crash dump shows INVALID_POINTER_READ_c0000005_Pigments.vst3!boost_155::archive::detail::iserializer_boost_155::archive::text_iarchive,Arturia::JuceArturiaLib::SPresetInfo_::load_object_data
Well, that's spectacular fail :hihi: . But they shoudl be able to easily fix it if you report this bug.
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

Question for those who use the full version : when you save a patch with a user sample, does it save the patch with a copy of the sample or not ?

There's really no need to act smart and get salty here :hihi: I'm not comparing/complaining about anything, I'm merely suggesting a way to compare things a bit more objectively, if you at all need to compare :roll:

What I meant is if you really want to compare the sound engine of synths, use the similar types of oscillators shapes and FX etc. to really effectively compare which one sounds better or fuller in your opinion. That is all I meant. I don't really complain about synths, and have created songs even using very limited synths. Anyway, peace :tu:

drdriller wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:13 pm

It’s not a legend at all, Massive X sounds fantastic. And I’m far from an NI fanboy.
I don’t know what I is I just really love the sound...and that makes it all the more frustrating that like you and so many have said the Other issues with the product...
Because the sonic engine is great.
The post above this is likely bait, viewer discretion is advised.

Return to “Instruments”