Lets see some studio pics

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

sorry, it's very late
so, you know... :oops:🍀(not right but they dont give that particular option. poogle bastards)

Forgotten wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:01 am Haven’t posted pictures of the studio for a long time. This is basically the keyboard stuff (wasn’t in the mood to get any guitars or other instruments out - might do that on another day)
That's a great setup! Looks like a lot of fun. What is the digital piano? Looks like a model that we used to make for Guitar Center, under the Williams brand.

Forgotten wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 1:28 am
vurt wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 1:26 am spiderman! 🤟
Wasn’t intended to be the focus of the photo, but...yep! :hihi:
:lol:
Everyone else has cool tchotchkes on their desks but my cats just knock them on the floor, at which point they're cat toys. Happened with my ebow, not long ago. I don't know what they are doing with it. Hope it's something good.

justin3am wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 5:21 am
Forgotten wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:01 am Haven’t posted pictures of the studio for a long time. This is basically the keyboard stuff (wasn’t in the mood to get any guitars or other instruments out - might do that on another day)
That's a great setup! Looks like a lot of fun. What is the digital piano? Looks like a model that we used to make for Guitar Center, under the Williams brand.
It’s a Yamaha Arius YDP-184. It’s great as it’s got a ton of velocity samples per key, and two really good piano voices (and some other things I don’t use). I got it because I wanted something that sounded really good, and I’m pleased with this.

So I'm finally getting to the setup I want. Changed a few things around this morning.

Pictured:
  • Akai MPC X
    Roland MC-707
    Elektron Analog 4 MKII
    Elektron Analog Rytm MKII
    Novation Circuit Mono Station
    Arturia Keystep

Not pictured:
  • Another Novation Circuit Mono Station
    Behringer MS-1
    Waldorf Kyra
    Waldorf Quantum
I may add a second Analog 4 MKII to my setup and/or an Elektron Digitone (Decisions) to make :o

Added the Medusa tonight, a new arrival. Also have the Behringer Crave and a Red TD-3 by the end of the week.. Now debating on which pedal to grab, liking the Source Audio Collider here.. any suggestions on pedals with midi welcome..

I bring you Medusa, bought brand new from Juno UK last Sunday for £499.00

^ Your 'not pictured' is prolly worth a picture too ;)

byllabong wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 1:37 pm ^ Your 'not pictured' is prolly worth a picture too ;)
Yep I have to keep swapping things out just until I get back to IKEA for some more Kallax units lol.. anyways other pics here.

Kyra

Quantum

MPCX - Kyra

MS-1 Kyra

That's quite a selection of gear you have now rob ... here's some of mine :)

tcc_studio_november_2019.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

NVM
Last edited by Kalamata Kid on Sun Dec 22, 2019 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

thecontrolcentre wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 1:45 am That's quite a selection of gear you have now rob ... here's some of mine :)

tcc_studio_november_2019.jpg
Thanks Dave

Here's a complete list although all can't be pictured (just yet) due to desktop space availability. I aim to rectify this by January 2020 after the season of serious drinking is over :lol:

Control Centre:
  • AKAI MPC X
Controllers:
  • Arturia Keystep (black)
    FaderFox MX12
    FaderFox PC12
Synths:
  • Elektron Analog 4 MKII
    Elektron Analog Rytm MKII
    Polyend Dreadbox Medusa
    Novation Circuit Mono Station x 2
    Tasty Bits Saw Bench
    Waldorf Quantum
    Waldorf Kyra
    Behringer Crave
    Behringer TD-3
    Behringer RD-8
    Behringer MS-1
Other stuff:
  • Behringer UMC1820
    Behringer ADA8200
    Kenton Midi Thru 12
    Beyerdynamic DT990 pro
DAW:
  • Ableton Live 10 Suite
    Apple Logic Pro X
My most exciting purchases lately have to be the Polyend Dreadbox Medusa and the FaderFox MX12/PC12. I plan on using the FaderFox hardware controllers for a ton of stuff including using software FX such as Eventide and Sonnox on my hardware synths. I'm also buying some FX pedals in 2020.. I'm liking the sound of a few out there BUT I also have very good software FX plug-ins that'll do a great job. I'm really happy with my setup now.

I don't have any software synths installed on my mac either, all I have are software FX for adding spice to my hardware.

Ok Iv'e decided for now that this will do nicely for jamming about, I have everything setup so I can easily be swapped out except the MPCX which is the control centre.

When I eventually get back to IKEA I'll setup another desk using the rest of the gear.

Jam Station:
  • Akai MPCX
    Analog 4 MKII
    Analog Rytm MKII
    Polyend Dreadbox Medusa
Controllers:
  • FaderFox MX-12
    FaderFox PC-12

Rob belongs to 1% of population owning 50% of studio gear :wink:

Seize the means of music production! :borg:
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

DJ Warmonger wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 6:11 pm Rob belongs to 1% of population owning 50% of studio gear :wink:

Seize the means of music production! :borg:
Work hard in the day to play at night.
Hardly call it a studio in a bedroom lol
Only have 12 hardware synths anyways I'm sure people own more plugins than me 🤣🤣🤣

if you find yourself low on space, ive got loads.
reasonable rates for storage of awesome gear too :hihi:

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”