Wavesfactory Spectre - Multi-band Enhancer

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

And scrolling through saturation modes.. NICE!! Thanks!

neverbeeninariot wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 4:05 pm
wavesfactory wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:59 pm Hi guys,

Spectre has been updated to version 1.5.1.
[...]
- Improved: changing mode doesn’t produce any clicks.
[...]

Thanks, will test tonight :tu:

Sorry but this bug is still there, possibly worse than it was before.

Changing to or from the Tube type causes a very audible click, as does starting playback on any track with Spectre and type Tube selected. It doesn't happen if all bands are flat, only if one or more has gain, however, switching from Tube type to another model then raising the gain also generates a click.  Tested both VST and VST3, in Reaper, Cubase, and Bitwig. Reaper screencap below.

We're still working on that.
What we fixed were clicks when changing the mode (subtle, medium aggressive).

wavesfactory wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 2:42 pm We're still working on that.
What we fixed were clicks when changing the mode (subtle, medium aggressive).
Ah, understood. Thanks for the update :tu:

neverbeeninariot wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 2:17 pm

[...]
[...]

Changing to or from the Tube type causes a very audible click, as does starting playback on any track with Spectre and type Tube selected. It doesn't happen if all bands are flat, only if one or more has gain, however, switching from Tube type to another model then raising the gain also generates a click.  Tested both VST and VST3, in Reaper, Cubase, and Bitwig. Reaper screencap below.

I had to remove Spectre from my master chain due to this click.
Can´t wait for the fix..

enCiphered wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 11:50 pm
neverbeeninariot wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 2:17 pm

[...]
[...]

I had to remove Spectre from my master chain due to this click.
Can´t wait for the fix..
It's annoying but it only affects 'Tube', the other saturation models are unaffected (but yeah, I really like the tube algo....).

This is still not fixed, can´t believe it.. There was an update recently (1.5.1.) without fixing this major issue.

Loving spectre but just a little request. I feel like de-emphasis does subtract enough gain sometimes, it would be nice if there was a knob or setting that can dial in more gain attenuation.

Hi guys,

Spectre has been updated to version 1.5.2.

Fix: pops and clicks when changing saturation types are gone.

You can download the installer here: www.wavesfactory.com/spectre
Or directly in the plug-in using the built-in auto-updater.

really?? Some people couldn't use a plugin because it "clicked" when they switched a different algorithm. wow tough crowd

Unless you were automating that I dont see how it would cause problems tbh

nice to see wavesfactory address that though
:borg:

V0RT3X wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 8:35 pm really?? Some people couldn't use a plugin because it "clicked" when they switched a different algorithm. wow tough crowd

The clicks and pops were rendered in the audio file. You had to cut out the artifacts and re-render everything all the time. Using Spectre in your mastering chain, when you have to process hundreds of files every week, this is a bummer. Absolutely.

Hmm, I never would have guessed that anyone would automate changes to the algorithm while mastering. But I guess that could make some sense :shrug:

foosnark wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 12:49 pm Hmm, I never would have guessed that anyone would automate changes to the algorithm while mastering. But I guess that could make some sense :shrug:
The click would also happen when the DAW transport started if using the Tube algorithm, as well as when changing to or from Tube (and in some other cases).

I am totally stoked that this is fixed though - thanks Wavesfactory :tu:

V0RT3X wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 8:35 pm really?? Some people couldn't use a plugin because it "clicked" when they switched a different algorithm. wow tough crowd

Some algos clicked on every play-start... Tube I think. Very annoying when you're hitting a compressor or limiter and mixing loud.

I avoided Tube algorithm for this reason alone. It was a loud click and totally unworkable. :) happy i can use it. great plug

Can anybody check if linking in and output is working for him on Ableton Live? It doesn't work at all for me on Live 10.
proud to produce warezless!
my Trap beatz:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4J14A ... -FzS9TNa2w

Return to “Effects”