alternative to audacity?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

BlackWinny wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 12:41 pm
tl wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 9:53 am My editor of choice.
Same for me. By far the best free 64-bit editor since years and years. Tons of features, all perfectly efficient, and all are extremely simple to find and to understand. And a fully quiet use, no bug, no crash.
I appreciate not fixing what ain't broke and all, but is Wavosaur even still in development? It hasn't been updated in almost 3 years.

Wavosaur is okay for very basic editing. Wavelab LE version, which you can get for around 17 bucks with some magazine special issues (like German Keys magazine and Beat magazine) might be a step up.

Audacity as a DAW... heh, I did that for a while, using Timidity for rendering midi. But then, the world looked different in 2002.
Wait... loot _then_ burn? D'oh!

Audacity must not be seen as a DAW in any way. Its ability to load VST plugins is simply to add personally preferred effects in the processing. Nothing else.
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

toddbooster wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 6:49 pm
BlackWinny wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 12:41 pm
tl wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 9:53 am My editor of choice.
Same for me. By far the best free 64-bit editor since years and years. Tons of features, all perfectly efficient, and all are extremely simple to find and to understand. And a fully quiet use, no bug, no crash.
I appreciate not fixing what ain't broke and all, but is Wavosaur even still in development? It hasn't been updated in almost 3 years.
The last release was made the 25 February 2017, it is the version 1.3.0.0. The French version (Wavosaur is a French tool at the origin, made a a French developer (and he is a kind member of our French Audiofanzine), with the help of some of his Danish friends, even if the tool is developed in native English) of the home page has not been updated, only the English page has been updated, and you can have the actual last versions (1.3.0.0) of Wavosaur here:

https://www.wavosaur.com/download.php

Wavosaur is not discontinued. The development is in wait of new activities but it is not discontinued. And the last reply from the main developer on the forum was just a few months ago, the 8 June 2019, he asked for more information about a "bug" reported by a user on the forum (it was here), but is it really a bug ? It has not been reproduced.
Very few real bugs are currently reported. Even with the last versions of Windows 10 32-bit and 64-bit everything seems to work perfect. If some new bugs are found, the best is of course to report them to the developers, and same thing if known bugs are reproduced by other users, otherwise the developers can't guess.
:)

So Wavosaur is still alive. Nothing new for the moment, but it is still alive.
:tu:

In the meanwhile, the developer keeps on working on his ROMpler, Rave Generator 2, that you can also download here for Windows, OSX and Linux:
Rave Generator 2 VST / AudioUnit : the stab machine is back in the house ! | Blogosaur. It is specifically "old-school", made to recall the first Rave-Techno epoch at the beginning of the nineties. Even its GUI is specifically thought in that old-school 90's spirit (it's voluntary).
:D
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”