Do you listen to synthesizers anymore?

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.

Do you listen to synthesizer music?

Poll runs till Sun Feb 09, 2020 4:58 pm

I am still interested in hearing someone play a synthesizer.
32
60%
I mainly listen to samples fed through effects to a beat.
4
8%
I'm just hear for the drugs and sex.
6
11%
fish.
11
21%
 
Total votes: 53

User avatar
telecode
KVRAF
1521 posts since 24 Mar, 2015 from Toronto, Canada

Post Fri Dec 13, 2019 4:30 pm

BONES wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 3:26 pm
I don't see a problem, it all adds to the colour of the place and it often gives you an interesting insight into those doing it.
Yeah, I guess that's one way of looking at it.
:tu:

User avatar
jancivil
KVRAF
19339 posts since 20 Oct, 2007 from No Location

Re: Do you listen to synthesizers anymore?

Post Fri Dec 13, 2019 5:22 pm

https://youtu.be/pkFccx0ycCk

Whatever George is playing, I dig that thing
Sounds like guitar tho
I may be locatable @:
FB - Public

User avatar
jancivil
KVRAF
19339 posts since 20 Oct, 2007 from No Location

Re: Do you listen to synthesizers anymore?

Post Fri Dec 13, 2019 5:26 pm

One of the best guitar solos and it’s a KEYTAR
ariston wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 4:30 am
BONES wrote:
Thu Dec 12, 2019 4:34 pm
My synth music has way more life (and death) than most rock music. The life I can put into a bassline, for example, exceeds anything you'll hear from any rock band's bass player or from an orchestra or even a jazz bassist. It's actually why I love so much synth based music.
Donald?
This post perfectly depicts Delusions of Grandeur.

In the States, you can be paid to stay out of the workplace behind this, it’s literally a prime qualification for a crazy check. Say exactly this to a shrink...
The one the lawyer who never loses knows...

Ask me how I know
:D
I may be locatable @:
FB - Public

User avatar
DJ Warmonger
KVRAF
3565 posts since 7 Jun, 2012 from Warsaw

Re: Do you listen to synthesizers anymore?

Post Sat Dec 14, 2019 6:14 am

I follow Youtube channel by Ehsan Gelsi:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pD5I4l2zsA8

Awesome live music, which is, well... musical o.O
http://djwarmonger.wordpress.com/
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

lwj
KVRist
323 posts since 3 Feb, 2018

Re: Do you listen to synthesizers anymore?

Post Sat Dec 14, 2019 10:21 am

The hell kind binary choice is this? I don’t listen to synth players bitch about these damn kids with their damn samples and effects if that’s what you’re asking.

User avatar
telecode
KVRAF
1521 posts since 24 Mar, 2015 from Toronto, Canada

Re: Do you listen to synthesizers anymore?

Post Sat Dec 14, 2019 10:43 am

jancivil wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 5:26 pm
One of the best guitar solos and it’s a KEYTAR
ariston wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 4:30 am
BONES wrote:
Thu Dec 12, 2019 4:34 pm
My synth music has way more life (and death) than most rock music. The life I can put into a bassline, for example, exceeds anything you'll hear from any rock band's bass player or from an orchestra or even a jazz bassist. It's actually why I love so much synth based music.
Donald?
This post perfectly depicts Delusions of Grandeur.

In the States, you can be paid to stay out of the workplace behind this, it’s literally a prime qualification for a crazy check. Say exactly this to a shrink...
The one the lawyer who never loses knows...

Ask me how I know
:D
Which poster you addressing there? Artists have been using their conviction that they are great for many years. The keep saying it and they keep repeating it over and over again. I am pretty sure I have seen interviews with everyone from Elton John to Prince to James Brown all clearly stating they are "great" at what they do. Nothing wrong with firmly believing your own art or music is greater than everyone elses. Its what drives creative people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9CeC3yrcG4

User avatar
RichieWitch
KVRian
609 posts since 15 Jun, 2015

Re: Do you listen to synthesizers anymore?

Post Sat Dec 14, 2019 3:38 pm

BONES wrote:
Thu Dec 12, 2019 6:17 pm
Sounds like a nightmare to me. Who would talk about a concert and not mention the music? It's what it is all about, or should be. You go to a product launch to watch people play with technology, you go to a concert to hear music.
This, and the comments that follow it just make me sad. Suzanne Ciani and Don Buchla were musical partners. His engineering designs inspired her musical expression, and what she did with his instruments pushed his designs in new directions. She is a virtuoso on modular, and has a long-lauded history of synthesizer music. I mean, come on, they don't let just anybody play at the fricken Kennedy Center!

The concert was breathtaking. Watching her play felt like being a part of musical history. I didn't mean to make it sound like a product demo. She dedicated the concert to Don, as the instrument she was playing was the last one he designed before his death.

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/59pm ... anne-ciani

User avatar
Unaspected
KVRian
1169 posts since 4 May, 2012

Re: Do you listen to synthesizers anymore?

Post Sat Dec 14, 2019 3:46 pm

RichieWitch wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 3:38 pm
BONES wrote:
Thu Dec 12, 2019 6:17 pm
Sounds like a nightmare to me. Who would talk about a concert and not mention the music? It's what it is all about, or should be. You go to a product launch to watch people play with technology, you go to a concert to hear music.
This, and the comments that follow it just make me sad. Suzanne Ciani and Don Buchla were musical partners. His engineering designs inspired her musical expression, and what she did with his instruments pushed his designs in new directions. She is a virtuoso on modular, and has a long-lauded history of synthesizer music. I mean, come on, they don't let just anybody play at the fricken Kennedy Center!

The concert was breathtaking. Watching her play felt like being a part of musical history. I didn't mean to make it sound like a product demo. She dedicated the concert to Don, as the instrument she was playing was the last one he designed before his death.

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/59pm ... anne-ciani
Indeed, Suzanne Ciani is a virtuoso but it's her voice that captivates me. I could listen to her talk forever.

User avatar
BONES
GRRRRRRR!
9310 posts since 14 Jun, 2001 from Somewhere else, on principle

Re: Do you listen to synthesizers anymore?

Post Sat Dec 14, 2019 6:24 pm

RichieWitch wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 3:38 pm
This, and the comments that follow it just make me sad. Suzanne Ciani and Don Buchla were musical partners. His engineering designs inspired her musical expression, and what she did with his instruments pushed his designs in new directions. She is a virtuoso on modular, and has a long-lauded history of synthesizer music. I mean, come on, they don't let just anybody play at the fricken Kennedy Center!
So what? None of this impresses me in the slightest. Until I got Analog Lab a couple of years ago, I had never heard of Buchla, either the man or the company. It/he are little more than a footnote in synth history, which doesn't interest me anyway. I like to look forward, not back.
The concert was breathtaking. Watching her play felt like being a part of musical history. I didn't mean to make it sound like a product demo.
That's exactly what it sounds like to me. Was the music any good? You still haven't said and that was kind of my point - a concert should be about music, not about the person or the equipment or the place or the history associated with any of it.
NOVAkILL 4.0 : Dell G7 17 (Core i7, 8GB RAM, Win10), UR44C, Cubase, DUNE, Thorn, TRK-01, Equator, Hive, Substance, Arcsyn, Aparillo, Phase Plant, Pigments, Trueno, Analog Keys, MicroMonsta, Uno, Skulpt, Craft 2.

User avatar
foosnark
KVRAF
5012 posts since 9 Jan, 2003 from Saint Louis MO

Re: Do you listen to synthesizers anymore?

Post Sun Dec 15, 2019 8:31 am

BONES wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 6:24 pm
So what? None of this impresses me in the slightest. Until I got Analog Lab a couple of years ago, I had never heard of Buchla, either the man or the company. It/he are little more than a footnote in synth history, which doesn't interest me anyway. I like to look forward, not back.
Here you demonstrate only your own ignorance. Buchla invented the voltage-controlled synthesizer before Moog did, and he invented the sequencer.

Nobody cares whether things impress you or not.
BONES wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 6:24 pm
RichieWitch wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 3:38 pm
The concert was breathtaking.
Was the music any good? You still haven't said
And here you demonstrate intentional boneheadedness.

User avatar
telecode
KVRAF
1521 posts since 24 Mar, 2015 from Toronto, Canada

Re: Do you listen to synthesizers anymore?

Post Sun Dec 15, 2019 8:43 am

foosnark wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 8:31 am
BONES wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 6:24 pm
So what? None of this impresses me in the slightest. Until I got Analog Lab a couple of years ago, I had never heard of Buchla, either the man or the company. It/he are little more than a footnote in synth history, which doesn't interest me anyway. I like to look forward, not back.
Here you demonstrate only your own ignorance. Buchla invented the voltage-controlled synthesizer before Moog did, and he invented the sequencer.

Nobody cares whether things impress you or not.
BONES wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 6:24 pm
RichieWitch wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 3:38 pm
The concert was breathtaking.
Was the music any good? You still haven't said
And here you demonstrate intentional boneheadedness.
enough flaming. go back to the off topic section with the other non-musical loser bunch.

User avatar
vurt
addled muppet weed
56904 posts since 26 Jan, 2003 from through the looking glass

Re: Do you listen to synthesizers anymore?

Post Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:16 am


User avatar
telecode
KVRAF
1521 posts since 24 Mar, 2015 from Toronto, Canada

Re: Do you listen to synthesizers anymore?

Post Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:27 am

vurt wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:16 am
:roll:
Yo, Worzel Vangelis! You do know i am one of the biggest NIN fans on the planet, right?

Image

I am moving on to real music topics before I open up a new can of whoop and get banned ..

:lol:

User avatar
vurt
addled muppet weed
56904 posts since 26 Jan, 2003 from through the looking glass

Re: Do you listen to synthesizers anymore?

Post Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:29 am

why does your fandom of nin have any bearing on them being an example of synth music?

User avatar
vurt
addled muppet weed
56904 posts since 26 Jan, 2003 from through the looking glass

Re: Do you listen to synthesizers anymore?

Post Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:30 am

ps: when you say "new can of whoop" im sorry, i must have missed the first one :shrug:

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”