Cubase Problem - Kontakt Not Showing Up

Plug-in hosts and other software applications discussion
BONES
GRRRRRRR!
9278 posts since 14 Jun, 2001 from Somewhere else, on principle

Post Wed Dec 11, 2019 3:28 pm

I posted this in the Instruments forum but I thought it wouldn't hurt having it here as well. I updated Kontakt last week, to whatever the latest version is, and now it doesn't show up in Cubase. It still shows up OK in Orion and it isn't in Cubase's blacklist, it just doesn't show up at all. Anyone else had this problem?
NOVAkILL 4.0 : Dell G7 17 (Core i7, 8GB RAM, Win10), UR44C, Cubase, DUNE, Thorn, TRK-01, Equator, Hive, Substance, Arcsyn, Aparillo, Phase Plant, Pigments, Trueno, Analog Keys, MicroMonsta, Uno, Skulpt, Craft 2.

jancivil
KVRAF
19339 posts since 20 Oct, 2007 from No Location

Re: Cubase Problem - Kontakt Not Showing Up

Post Wed Dec 11, 2019 3:32 pm

Not sure but first thought is run as standalone and see if it corrects the sitch
I may be locatable @:
FB - Public

Forgotten
KVRAF
7202 posts since 15 Apr, 2019 from Nowhere

Post Wed Dec 11, 2019 3:34 pm

That’s a good point. Even NI recommends running certain software as standalone to fix database issues.

jancivil
KVRAF

Post Wed Dec 11, 2019 3:42 pm

Actually they say it for everything except Massive X when there was no such
I may be locatable @:
FB - Public

BONES
GRRRRRRR!

Post Wed Dec 11, 2019 4:55 pm

Interesting, would never have thought to do that. I'll give it a whirl tonight. Thanks! If that doesn't work, I'll have to work out how to uninstall and reinstall it. I suppose I can let Windows uninstall it for me if all else fails.
NOVAkILL 4.0 : Dell G7 17 (Core i7, 8GB RAM, Win10), UR44C, Cubase, DUNE, Thorn, TRK-01, Equator, Hive, Substance, Arcsyn, Aparillo, Phase Plant, Pigments, Trueno, Analog Keys, MicroMonsta, Uno, Skulpt, Craft 2.

BONES
GRRRRRRR!

Post Thu Dec 12, 2019 2:41 pm

Running the standalone first didn't help, uninstall/reinstall didn't either and it took more than two hours. For whatever reason, the NI servers were sloooooow last night.

Mushy Mushy
KVRAF
13492 posts since 7 Sep, 2008

Post Thu Dec 12, 2019 3:53 pm

1) Manually copy the .dll into the VST root folder and see if it shows up that way (ie outside of the NI folder)
2) Check it hasn’t been blacklisted by Cubase.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

jancivil
KVRAF

Post Thu Dec 12, 2019 3:59 pm

Switch to Mac and it’ll just work

That’s where “Copy dll to...” takes me, sorry
I may be locatable @:
FB - Public

BONES
GRRRRRRR!

Post Thu Dec 12, 2019 4:06 pm

I'd rather be run down by a bus than have to use a Mac outside the office.
Mushy Mushy wrote:
Thu Dec 12, 2019 3:53 pm
1) Manually copy the .dll into the VST root folder and see if it shows up that way (ie outside of the NI folder)
2) Check it hasn’t been blacklisted by Cubase.
It's already in the root folder and it is definitely not blacklisted (that was the first thing I looked at).

Mushy Mushy
KVRAF
13492 posts since 7 Sep, 2008

Post Thu Dec 12, 2019 4:08 pm

Hmmmm, sorry out of ideas then :shrug:
Best of luck.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

BONES
GRRRRRRR!

Post Fri Dec 13, 2019 4:58 am

I got it working. It showed up in the blacklist after a restart and I was able to reactivate it. It seems to be working OK now. Thanks for all your help and suggestions, your time and effort is greatly appreciated.

BERFAB
KVRAF
6182 posts since 25 Mar, 2004

Post Fri Dec 13, 2019 7:07 am

In the Cubase vst manager, you can go to the list of folders that Cubase draws your plugins from. Click on the folder that you think Kontakt is in and then hit 'rescan.'
I've had this come up many times over the years. I don't know why certain plugs don't get scanned initially, but I've found, more often than not that this solution works. YMMV of course, so good luck.

Cheers
-B

Edit:
Oops. Just saw you got it going from the Blacklist. Cool beans. Glad it worked out.
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

macmuse
KVRist
493 posts since 23 Jun, 2004

Post Sat Dec 14, 2019 3:19 pm

BONES wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 4:58 am
I got it working. It showed up in the blacklist after a restart and I was able to reactivate it. It seems to be working OK now. Thanks for all your help and suggestions, your time and effort is greatly appreciated.
In Cubase, can you rescan an individual blacklisted plug-in like you can in Logic to get it to validate?

BONES
GRRRRRRR!

Post Sat Dec 14, 2019 6:27 pm

I don't know, I'm very new to Cubase. In Orion you can add any plugin that doesn't show up to a text list, which will force Orion to activate it. It makes problems like this easy to deal with.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”