SOS by Rihanna - what a bunch of kak.

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.

How big of a kak load?

1/4 kak load
3%
1/2 kak load
3%
TEH ENTIRE LOAD
94%

Total votes: 32

RELATED
PRODUCTS

Amberience wrote:Children.
----
BIG DICKS
:help:
check my profile for contact info.
msn messenger is my email as well.

BIG DICKS!

didnt think much of he orginal as well. can't wait till someone gets tears for fears, and remakes them into some slow crap ballad christmas loving tune.

wait a minute.

it's hard to explain to those growing up in the age of sampling why there is a difference when one simply lifts the ACTUAL MUSIC from the original vs. doing a COVER VERSION....
There is a difference I'll buy that but does that mean that one is objectively better than the other? I think not. Additionaly lots of people in hip-hop (and other genre) these days reproduce beats or basslines verbatim on their own to avoid paying for the sample clearence, is that somehow better because they 'played it themselves'? again I think not.

p.s. regarding SOS while I cannot bring myself to say it is good I can't help enjoying it. :D
"Music is a hidden arithmetic exercise of the soul, which doesn't know that it is counting." - Gottfried Wilhelm von Leibniz
---
e to the i pi plus one equals zero

Cordelia wrote:This is fun to watch :)
You know your generation has just been rendered "obsolete" when you hear a tune on the radio and think thoughts like "What has become of music today?" or "They've taken a classic and ruined it!" (my reaction upon first hearing Soft Cell's version of Tainted Love) or "Hey, this sounds JUST like xxxx, what a rip-off!" or "Does no one care about originality anymore?" or...
Music was BETTER when YOU were 18, damn it. It's all downhill from here.
But the difference is that us old gits are hoping younger musicians will get a bit more original and daring rather than how our dads moaned at us about having safety pins in our ears.

In this day and age, if I had kids my biggest fear would be that they'd grow up to be accountants - my dad would've loved that. Kids nowdays moan at their parents for not looking smart enough and not making the most of thier careers. Children have become old before their time. They worry about pensions!

The Chase wrote:
Amberience wrote:Go to bed Chase!
no YOU go to bed!

*high-fives everyone else in thread*
just as long as it ain't the "hard high-five"

or whatever you sport........:lol:

(edited for non-intended religious insult)

i didn't start this shit anyway, but what's wrong with starting some talk of music crap that pisses you off? seems legit to "moi" (? i don't f**king know, i gotta get back to floor sanding in MAY 90 DEGREE HEAT IN CHICAGO!!!! f**k THIS!!!!)

PBR!!!!
(EDIT: too many PBR's fer one post

and now some fine mexican food and a ginger ale will cool diablo....)
Last edited by Chuck E. Jesus on Sun May 28, 2006 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I still have no idea what kak means... but I'm going to just vote yes, anyway. :D
Mizutaphile.

munchkin wrote:
You know your generation has just been rendered "obsolete" when you hear a tune on the radio and think thoughts like "What has become of music today?" or "They've taken a classic and ruined it!" (my reaction upon first hearing Soft Cell's version of Tainted Love) or "Hey, this sounds JUST like xxxx, what a rip-off!" or "Does no one care about originality anymore?" or...
But the difference is that us old gits are hoping younger musicians will get a bit more original and daring rather than how our dads moaned at us about having safety pins in our ears.
how dare you rip on thee precious-mousse haired-emo-sample-dj-vst-pc-"pc"-post-everything-soldiers of WWIII?
munchkin wrote:

In this day and age, if I had kids my biggest fear would be that they'd grow up to be accountants - my dad would've loved that. Kids nowdays moan at their parents for not looking smart enough and not making the most of thier careers. Children have become old before their time. They worry about pensions!
well, i have kids....my biggest fear is that i don't kill them/me/grandparents/neighbhors/passerby/small animals.....kvr -ers!

live and let drink, whats me say....

Polite Company wrote:p.s. regarding SOS while I cannot bring myself to say it is good I can't help enjoying it. :D
Perfect way to put it

Actually, I have been thinking "What is becoming of music today" when I was about 12 or so.

The nostalgia people have for the eighties baffles me. As far as radio music is concerned, I'd take Nirvana and Janes Addiction over Tears for fears and Quiet Riot no matter when they were active.

But the age I am most 'nostalgiac' over is the thirties and forties of the twentieth century, and I wasn't even born!

herodotus wrote:

Actually, I have been thinking "What is becoming of music today" when I was about 12 or so.

The nostalgia people have for the eighties baffles me. As far as radio music is concerned, I'd take Nirvana and Janes Addiction over Tears for fears and Quiet Riot no matter when they were active.

But the age I am most 'nostalgiac' over is the thirties and forties of the twentieth century, and I wasn't even born!
Nostalgia plays an interesting role in liking music. I listen to a lot of cheesey trance that I got into around 1999, and love it to death, when I wouldnt touch it if I found it today because it's cheesey shite.

munchkin wrote:Children have become old before their time. They worry about pensions!

Well, this is true. I, however, refuse to take life seriously, am proudly immature, and will be homeless at retirement.

I'm not kidding. :party:

Cordelia wrote:
munchkin wrote:Children have become old before their time. They worry about pensions!

Well, this is true. I, however, refuse to take life seriously, am proudly immature, and will be homeless at retirement.

I'm not kidding. :party:
:hihi: I gotta admit even being forced into a grown up position as I am now my inner child still runs the show...I love it and sometimes it scares the crap out of me...but that's what makes life so sweet...a good example is how everytime I go down to to tend to my father's needs (10-15 times a day) I always put my hair in a pony tail. Why? Because when I was young the rule was if I was going to have long hair when I was around the family I would keep it in a pony tail...now I'm the caregiver, the head of the household, the brains of this outfit (scary huh :scared:) and yet I still put the hair in a pony tail so I wont get in trouble and have to cut my hair...:hihi:
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Ildon wrote: Sun May 28, 2006 1:37 am What the hell is kak?!
male genitalia maybe?
ah böwakawa poussé poussé

I don’t think it really matters 13 years later...

Forgotten wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 5:50 am I don’t think it really matters 13 years later...
it matters to me. I still use it every single day.
ah böwakawa poussé poussé

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”