Looking for something like M1 (rompler) as VSTi ... JV1080?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Nexus Purity Ravity R Ravity S

docbot wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 11:35 pm
Examigan wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 11:50 am I wonder if they will ever make a 64-bit version of Ravity?
write them! the 64 bit purity version was only recently released, if enough people ask for it, they'll probably do it.
If they still have the source code...
:hihi:
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

For the record the last version of Ravity (1.4.3) was released in November... 2005.
:clown:
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.

BlackWinny wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 12:46 am
docbot wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 11:35 pm
Examigan wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 11:50 am I wonder if they will ever make a 64-bit version of Ravity?
write them! the 64 bit purity version was only recently released, if enough people ask for it, they'll probably do it.
If they still have the source code...
:hihi:
Or if they could skin Purity differently at least, so then it looks like Ravity. :) I know...looks aren't everything, but I liked Ravity's GUI way more than Purity.

TubeOhm made also a nice ROMpler:

Vintage

It is more in the Roland D-50 style (but it is not an emulation) and it has a nice character.

But it is only Windows and only 32-bit.

But if it doesn't matter for some of you here, it is very good.

(and as always at TubeOhm the second column of prices is for those who already have a registered instrument from them)

For me it is too much expensive, especially for a plugin which is only 32-bit and a bit old now. But it may have an interest for others...
Last edited by BlackWinny on Sun Dec 15, 2019 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I see that UVI Workstation and Digital Synsations were previously mentioned.

I have Digital Synsations 1, and among the collection of 4 instruments there is a "DS90s", which is supposed to be an emulation of the D50. I cannot vouch for its authenticity, but it does sound representative of that era. I have some Roland JV and XP hardware, but never a D50.

https://www.uvi.net/en/vintage-synth/di ... tions.html

The instruments in this collection are:
DS77 (Yamaha SY77)
DS1 (Korg M1)
DSX (Ensonic VFX)
DS90s (Roland D50)

Fyi, Avid was giving this collection away for free back in September... :D
Windows 10 and too many plugins

zzz00m wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 5:03 pm I see that UVI Workstation and Digital Synsations were previously mentioned.

I have Digital Synsations 1, and among the collection of 4 instruments there is a "DS90s", which is supposed to be an emulation of the D50. I cannot vouch for its authenticity, but it does sound representative of that era. I have some Roland JV and XP hardware, but never a D50.

https://www.uvi.net/en/vintage-synth/di ... tions.html
Yes it is a sampled D-50 and it can be loaded into Falcon.
Speaking of the D-50, I love its sounds in Omnisphere.

Not precisely the same thing, but I've found that my best-sounding "rompler" for quick sounds with just enough tweakability is Analog Lab 4...

wow Sound canvas, I owned one back in the day and was awfull

Return to “Instruments”