NI and Maschine WTF are they up to now ?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

What are those idiots at NI up to now, finally updated to the latest release and they have "Updated" their tagging, so cool, save a sample to my sample folder, oh wait, it doesn't appear in my samples, are these dumb dumbs capable of doing anything other than sacking people right now ?

Completely unusable software.
Duh

https://gifyu.com/image/vP7Q

Oh and theres a gif just incase any of the usual NI paid fanboys step in to defend them, as you can see, old sample created in pre new tag Maschine can be saved and viewed, new sample created in this Maschine, nope just disappears, and sacking people helped them develop further did it ?
A sampler that cant view its own created samples, very clever.
Duh

Thank you for your rant, it will help us create better nerd jokes in the future.
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

DJ Warmonger wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 10:45 am Thank you for your rant, it will help us create better nerd jokes in the future.
Is that supposed to be humour ?
I am guessing English is not your first language.
Duh

bungle wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 10:52 am
DJ Warmonger wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 10:45 am Thank you for your rant, it will help us create better nerd jokes in the future.
It was a sample of his humour but you couldn’t find it.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Mushy Mushy wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 10:58 am
Because there was non, trying to be funny and being funny are two very different things ;)
Duh

bungle wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 11:00 am
Mushy Mushy wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 10:58 am
Because there was non, trying to be funny and being funny are two very different things ;)
Ok that I grant you.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

It gets even better, you can't rollback either because the new version has updated all your DB files, so you can lose all your work and roll back completely fresh or any earlier version will just crash, hahahahaha, how do they get away with this crap, there is no mention of it at all on their forum, what is the point of having testers that only use built in sounds, very very sad.
Duh

Could it be your issue is related to this? Do you recall what version were on up before you upgraded?

-There is an "Update" button to migrate former "Sub-Sub-Type" tags to "Character" tags in the user library
🌐 Spotify 🔵 Soundcloud 🌀 Soundclick

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

I didn’t know they laid off employees. The problems just continue to mount at NI. I saw the writing on the wall when the “investors” were announced.
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

Jace-BeOS wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 4:11 pm I didn’t know they laid off employees. The problems just continue to mount at NI. I saw the writing on the wall when the “investors” were announced.
there were some threads on forums about restructuring a few months ago. i don't think it means the end of the company or it's products. they are still (and will be for a long time) a powerhouse when it comes to music software and hardware products for electronic based music.

it *may* be a good thing for maschine users. new NI might decide to take a bite out of the DAW market and tweak Maschine software with some functionality many Maschine users have been asking for for a very long time.
🌐 Spotify 🔵 Soundcloud 🌀 Soundclick

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

From what I’ve read, they’ve just started to “pivot” toward “online services”. Because that’s been doing great for all the services that keep failing and never making an income...

It’s the layoffs I didn’t know about. I remember American employees being laid off, but someone here said developers...
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

bungle wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 11:46 am It gets even better, you can't rollback either because the new version has updated all your DB files, so you can lose all your work and roll back completely fresh or any earlier version will just crash, hahahahaha, how do they get away with this crap, there is no mention of it at all on their forum, what is the point of having testers that only use built in sounds, very very sad.
Did you try contacting support?

Jace-BeOS wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 4:19 pm From what I’ve read, they’ve just started to “pivot” toward “online services”. Because that’s been doing great for all the services that keep failing and never making an income...

It’s the layoffs I didn’t know about. I remember American employees being laid off, but someone here said developers...
The GlassDoor Reviews were what Got me Worried. Tons and Tons of angry reviews.
One angry ex Employee is one thing but from what seemed to be a lot of former and current Employees something very Wrong is goin on in NI.
It's apparently lost all it its Soul after the big Investment in 2017.

Honestly its contributed to me being cautious and not upgrading my Komplete12 to 12 Ultimate during the Sale...
The post above this is likely bait, viewer discretion is advised.

Basically they have streamlined/consolidated, whatever you want to call it their teams/departments.

E.g. instead of having 1 x team working on the UI for Machine, 1 x team working on the UI for Kontakt, 1 x team working on the UI for their other shit, they have one team working on ALL their UIs. Sharing the development and code base across all their software.

Ofc this means that some people/roles are gonna be redundant. It happens all the time in the business world, but reading some of the comments and the hysteria on here, you would think the sky is falling.
My main tools: Kontakt, Omnisphere, Samplemodeling + Audio Modeling. Akai VIP = godsend. Tari's libraries also rock.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”