can you change the key of a specific chord?

Chords, scales, harmony, melody, etc.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

jancivil wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 4:00 pm
BertKoor wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 7:19 am But there are shitloads of styles & genres that manage without them, and shitloads of artists having a respectable career while never touching these chords.
Preferably we want facts in the first place. This shit is useless.
You saying my facts are "alternative" :tantrum:
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is served over https!!

Knock yourself out, you’re muted, life is far too short for useless crap afaic and it’s what you do here.
Here pro-ignorance, pointless dick move

AFAIK there are profoundly tone deaf individuals with massive hits! WHO GIVES A f**k
Last edited by jancivil on Sun Dec 15, 2019 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jancivil wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 4:45 pm AFAIK there are profoundly tone deaf individuals with massive hits! WGAF
Many!

One example that comes to mind is the Ramones - neither the guitarist nor bass player ever successfully learned to tune their guitars, and would hand them either to a roadie or their drummer to tune them.

And @ least 3/4 of The Beatles grasped dim and aug triads well enough...
maybe Ringo as well

excuse me please wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 3:56 pm But yes, I should have said 'practically' instead of 'basically.'
Sorry, my bad.
there's plenty of ambiguous chords tho.
What you meant is triads, but even then, augmented and diminished are not major/minor by definition.

so neither basically nor practically.
there are 4 basic diatonic triads, major, minor, augmented and diminished.
Then there are suspended triads, which are neither since they don't have a third.
also, there are nondiatonic triads, a three-tone cluster such as A Bb B is also technically a triad.

There are also bi-chords, which are stacked triads but still a single chord.

in any case... i just don't see how there's "practically only major and minor chords" in any possible interpretation.

excuse me please wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 3:56 pm But yes, I should have said 'practically' instead of 'basically.'
Sorry, my bad.
Every bit as wrong. Basic fact wrong.

Forgotten wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:20 pm
excuse me please wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:09 pm Basically there are only major and minor chords
:?:

Diminished? Augmented?
and "radiohead".
20200108_180215.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Well I thought that went without saying.

if all bands start getting their own chorfs this music lark is gonna be hard to learn!

did you just play a radiohead chord in a gsybe inspired riff? f**king idiot!

im off to out radiohead, radiohead and use all 20 in one progression.

I don’t know that they’re alone in that - I think there are a lot of artists who don’t follow conventions in construction of chords.

Lots of folk players do it, Jimi Page did, and even bands you might not imagine doing it, like Bauhaus.

yeah i know, was just being over dramatic! :oops:

little johnny longfingers and ed magic hands, doesnt surprise me theyre "makin shit up" :hihi:

i cant think of many guitarists as experimental as them who have hit the big time. not for a good few years anyway since music was more risky in the mainstream.

im still learning "oasis chords" :hihi:
total beginner :lol:

It's techno, just mash the keyboard and sidechain it with the kick :party:

vurt wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 7:09 pm im still learning "oasis chords" :hihi:
From the Ladybird Big Book of Chords I assume?

lotus2035 wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 7:10 pm It's techno, just mash the keyboard and sidechain it with the kick :party:
i see youve been watching professional tom tutorials :tu:

Return to “Music Theory”