XILS List Of Synths Already Guessed

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

To try to make this easier for people to keep track, I'm keeping a running list of synths already guessed. I'll update this every hour or so between 7 AM and 11 PM until December 19.

Here's what we have so far.

Access Virus
Akai AX80
Akai Timber Wol
Alesis Andromeda A6
Aries 300 modular synth
Arp 2500
ARP 2600
ARP Solina String Synthesizer
Arturia Matrixbrute
ASI Synthia
Behringer DeepMind 12
Behringer TD-3
Buchla 100
Buchla Touche
Casio MT68 Casiotone
Crumar DS-2
Crumar Spirit
Crumar Spirit
Electronic Dream Plant (EDP) Wasp
Electronic Music Laboratories EML-101
Elektor Formant
Eminent 310U
EML ElectroComp 400
EML SynKey
EMS polysynthi
EMS Synthi KB1
Ensoniq Fizmo
Formanta Polivoks
Georges Jenny Ondioline
gleeman pentaphonic
Kawai K-5
Kinetic Sound Corporation Prism 4
Knif Audio Knifonium
Korg Lambda
Korg Maxi-Korg 800DV
Korg MS-20
Korg PS-3100
Korg PS-3300
korg vc10 vocoder
Moog Apollo
Moog Liberation
Moog Memorymoog
Moog Prodigy
Moog Rogue
moog sonic six
Moog Source
Moog Taurus
New Englad Digital Synclavier
NMC TONTO
Oberheim FVS-1
Oberheim OB1
Oberheim OB12
Octave Cat
Octave-Plateau Electronics Voyetra 8
Rhodes Chroma
Rhodes Chroma Polaris
RMI Harmonic Synthesizer
Roland Juno
Roland Jupiter 4
Roland Jupiter 6
Roland Jupiter 8
Roland MKS-80
Roland Promar
Roland RS-505 Paraphonic
Roland sh-5
Roland SH7
Roland system 100m.
Roland System 700
RSF Modular Model 11
Sequential Circuits Prophet 10
Siel Cruis
Siel Orchestra
Skywave Lord
Solton Ketron Programmer 24
Stardust 7387A extended versio
Steiner-Parker Synthacon
Studio Electronics Omega 8
Tavel Resynator
Teisco 60F
Teisco Synthesizer 110F
Trautwein Trautonium
Triadex Muse
Vermona Vermona
Waldorf Pulse
Wersi EX20
Yamaha CS 30
Yamaha CS 70M
Yamaha CS-80
yamaha FS1R
Yamaha GX-1
Yamaha SY-22
** EDIT ** Based on the clues given and the elimination of any companies with the letters A-L, it would have to be one of the following manufacturers.

Moog
Oberheim
Roland
Waldorf
Yamaha

Nothing else makes any sense given the clues
Last edited by wagtunes on Tue Dec 17, 2019 11:59 am, edited 10 times in total.

Thanks, man....that's some dedication!

Interesting choices so far.

Thanks. Interesting choices indeed.
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

The qualifiers of "rare & unique" seem to be a major obstacle in guessing here. Even many of these seem fairly common or already ubiquitously emulated.

Might be nice if you listed what they've already emulated as well for those of us that don't know.

wagtunes wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 10:16 pm I'll update this every hour or so between 7 AM and 11 PM...
French time ?
Last edited by BlackWinny on Mon Dec 16, 2019 12:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

BBFG# wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 11:17 pm The qualifiers of "rare & unique" seem to be a major obstacle in guessing here. Even many of these seem fairly common or already ubiquitously emulated.

Might be nice if you listed what they've already emulated as well for those of us that don't know.
  • Elka Syntex
  • EMS Synthi
  • EMS Vocoder 5000
  • Roland VP-330
  • RSF Kobol
  • Moog Polymoog
That's all for the moment (Xavier is a bit lazy, no ? :hihi: )
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.

After Elka, EMS, Roland, RSF, and Moog (all awesome emulations)... I would not be surprised to see entering in his collection of analog emulations an ARP, a Crumar, a Farfisa, a Kawai, a Korg, an SCI, or a Yamaha. In my opinion it is on these brands that we must try to make our most hopefully lucky suggestions.

But without the least clue to help even just a bit it seems to me as few enthralling as trying to find a card in a gambling game. It's the first time for years that I'm not really enjoyed to play a "find our next synth"...

I wasn't serious btw with my matrixbrute entry :hihi:

If Xils actually did that, it would be hilarious and probably end in a lawsuit.
:borg:

Updated 12/16 at 6:45 AM

wrong thread

I assume they'll let us know if someone has already guessed the correct answer ? That way we don't waste time with more guesses if there is already a winner..... :shrug:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Korg Radias of course :hihi:
The GAS is always greener on the other side!

Teksonik wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 12:10 pm I assume they'll let us know if someone has already guessed the correct answer ? That way we don't waste time with more guesses if there is already a winner..... :shrug:
Of course, no worries.

Btw I just slashed Wag's list in two :)
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

Not a guess, but it's a famous synth manufacturer with a name whose letter begins on or after L. The ones that come to my mind are: Oberheim, Yamaha, Roland, and Waldorf. Am I missing something obvious? We also know there's been no emulation of it but probably sample packs.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 3:34 pm Not a guess, but it's a famous synth manufacturer with a name whose letter begins on or after L. The ones that come to my mind are: Oberheim, Yamaha, Roland, and Waldorf. Am I missing something obvious? We also know there's been no emulation of it but probably sample packs.
Moog comes to mind. Rhodes would be another famous brand, not necessarily for synths, but the Chroma Polaris will be my next guess in case no one names it before me.

Return to “Instruments”