Timewarp 2600 / Sonivox question

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

BlackWinny wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 11:47 pm
More seriously... if today I had to purchase an ARP 2600 emulation, I would take Arturia's one even with its ridiculously tiny GUI and its eLicenser protection rather than that Sonivox thing never updated since years (and with a totally unresponsive tech support) and with this iLok crazy intrusion in my private life.
:borg:
I agree, as I'm a bit skeptical now of anything from SONiVOX, it's been ages since they have updated anything! I have the TimewARP 2600, and it certainly needs some love! :P
Windows 10 and too many plugins

BlackWinny wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 11:47 pm More seriously... if today I had to purchase an ARP 2600 emulation, I would take Arturia's one even with its ridiculously tiny GUI and its eLicenser protection rather than that Sonivox thing never updated since years (and with a totally unresponsive tech support) and with this iLok crazy intrusion in my private life.
Arturia hasn't used eLicenser in years. And it's not tiny. That also changed, I think, with the update to V3 (it's resizable up to 200% and it's already pretty big at the 80% I've got it set to - on a Retina display).

Gamma-UT wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 6:28 am
BlackWinny wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 11:47 pm More seriously... if today I had to purchase an ARP 2600 emulation, I would take Arturia's one even with its ridiculously tiny GUI and its eLicenser protection rather than that Sonivox thing never updated since years (and with a totally unresponsive tech support) and with this iLok crazy intrusion in my private life.
Arturia hasn't used eLicenser in years. And it's not tiny. That also changed, I think, with the update to V3 (it's resizable up to 200% and it's already pretty big at the 80% I've got it set to - on a Retina display).
Thanks... So what is their new method of license protection, please, and the max size of CMI V, Buchla Easel V, Jup-8 V, Synclavier V and ARP2600 V ? (if you have them, of course)
I'm interested to know because it could make me update some of my old plugins from them (anyway I would prefer anything as soon as it is neither iLok neither a crazy "rolandish" subscription, I even accept eLicenser (my Xils synths and some others use it, without the least trouble) while never more iLok for anything in the world :) )

Whatever it will be... Sonivox is wide off the mark on the market. On all sides of their production. They have totally missed the boat. Difficult to make worse...
:dog:
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

It takes up about a third of a 4K monitor at 80% (they've obviously done the rendering to take care of HiDPI monitors) and is entirely readable at that level. At 100% the Arturia synths wind up being a bit too big to fit on the display. The protection is disk-based C/R - Arturia has an installation manager that takes care of it. If you don't like installation managers, that may rule it out for you though there is the option to download updates manually. I don't know off-hand whether the authorisation can be done offline.

You should be able to demo it without problems as it won't install over a V1 - it appears as Arp 2600 V3.

i do not know if you can authorize offline, but you can deactive an authorization from the website. if you have a new computer/laptop, or reinstalled your os. simply deactived from the website, or before on the pc itself. but you can control it from their website. by the way up to 5 computers you can install..

Gamma-UT wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 2:18 pm It takes up about a third of a 4K monitor at 80% (they've obviously done the rendering to take care of HiDPI monitors) and is entirely readable at that level. At 100% the Arturia synths wind up being a bit too big to fit on the display. The protection is disk-based C/R - Arturia has an installation manager that takes care of it. If you don't like installation managers, that may rule it out for you though there is the option to download updates manually. I don't know off-hand whether the authorisation can be done offline.

You should be able to demo it without problems as it won't install over a V1 - it appears as Arp 2600 V3.
Excellent !
Thanks a lot !
:tu:
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.

WasteLand wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 2:30 pm i do not know if you can authorize offline, but you can deactive an authorization from the website. if you have a new computer/laptop, or reinstalled your os. simply deactived from the website, or before on the pc itself. but you can control it from their website. by the way up to 5 computers you can install..
:tu:

Did anyone else buy Timewarp 2600 from the KVR Marketplace offer last week (it was $20)? I purchased but when I go to the Sonivox website to try to redeem it, the "buy now" button for the product leads to a path that says "inaccessible." I've tried to contact Sonivox support but no answer yet.

form49b wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 3:45 pm Did anyone else buy Timewarp 2600 from the KVR Marketplace offer last week (it was $20)? I purchased but when I go to the Sonivox website to try to redeem it, the "buy now" button for the product leads to a path that says "inaccessible." I've tried to contact Sonivox support but no answer yet.
You register the Timewarp plugin from your DAW using the prompt for authorization at first use, from within the plugin. Click the "unlock" button. That takes you to a Wayoutware registration website where you enter your serial number and machine ID, along with your details. It then provides you the registration code to enter into your product. It's an automated challenge/response system.

It is a different registration process than the other SONiVOX products that rely on Pace iLok.
Windows 10 and too many plugins

Gamma-UT wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 2:18 pmI don't know off-hand whether the authorisation can be done offline.
Yes you can authorize offline.

https://www.arturia.com/v-collection/asc

Return to “Instruments”