RAPID Synthesizer | Rapid 1.8.0 released | Free "SP - Granular Elements"

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic

Trancit wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 12:12 amRapid FX does not work on mono tracks!!!
Perhaps you can find a fix for that...
It does work fine on stereo tracks though!! :tu:
Yes you're right. Rapid FX only processes stereo input. Not sure why you wan't to process mono, since the signal chain in Rapid is for stereo. But I guess it doesn't hurt to offer some kind of conversion. Noted.
trusampler wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 2:47 am Presets should load faster please and thanks, oh can we get NKS support yet for NI Komplete Kontrol keyboards yet too.. Thnx
Yes, there is a bit room for improvement. There are parts that are not super optimized yet. A good task for 2020. A preview function could help. Maybe we combine this with NKS support. We already contacted NI and got a hang on NKS. It's only a matter of building a reliable and quick processing chain for all presets.

parawave wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 11:56 am Yes you're right. Rapid FX only processes stereo input. Not sure why you wan't to process mono, since the signal chain in Rapid is for stereo. But I guess it doesn't hurt to offer some kind of conversion. Noted.
I don´t want to treat it in mono... but especially in S1 the crux is that if you drag a mono sample in, S1 automatically creates a mono track respectively transform an already created stereo track into a mono one ...
This leads easily into confusion (as happened to me)...so would be nice if Rapid could simply ignore that it isn´t stereo what comes in (what you already confirmed...thx) 8)

Any news on the 19% VAT problem and/or NFR state of the plugin license? And just to ask upfront: any changes planned for the copy protection? Not that I want it but I've seen Avenger going Codemeter now and a change in cp is indeed something that would additionaly stop me from buying.

HSum wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 12:46 pm Any news on the 19% VAT problem
Yeh, I must admit I am waiting for that to be fixed before I buy any sound packs- or are any be re-sold through a store that does take of VAT if its not applicable?
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

SLiC wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 1:07 pm
Yeh, I must admit I am waiting for that to be fixed before I buy any sound packs- or are any be re-sold through a store that does take of VAT if its not applicable?
They should fix this quick before some lawyers come in...

Where I live there is a Consumer' chart with law enforcement, and if I buy this right now, there would be clearly a legal violation.

I prefer a quick fix before buying.

I’ve asked multiple times but it seems to be intentionally ignored. Totally turned me off to what seems like a great synth

Maybe someone can buy it, then make a Paypal claim. That might force them to correct this.

tdm71 wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 2:37 pm
I’ve asked multiple times but it seems to be intentionally ignored. Totally turned me off to what seems like a great synth

See what I mean

Was wondering too. I'm VAT registered in EU. How to do VAT tax exemption ?
More BPM please

dionenoid wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 4:32 pm Was wondering too. I'm VAT registered in EU. How to do VAT tax exemption ?
They want everyone to pay VAT, even those that should not.

Ryan99 wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 4:34 pm
dionenoid wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 4:32 pm Was wondering too. I'm VAT registered in EU. How to do VAT tax exemption ?
They want everyone to pay VAT, even those that should not.
Weird :o

I cannot even find payment methods on their site ? Is it through a third-party like Digital River or Ask-Net ? They usually do the VAT exemption during the final process...
More BPM please

I have two Questions about the Sequncer/ Arp and the Envelope.

- If the Arpeggiator is activated the Sequencer jumps always random to different sections in the Sequence.
Is that normal? Its a cool feature...

- The Decay Knob is 0 ms at around 12% of the Range. Why? Maybe for below zero values like 0,5 and so on, but the numeric feedback is not acurate then.

Thanks.

In USA via paypal they do charge the 19% VAT plus a small foreign transaction fee for every purchase. So you definitely want to purchase this when it's on sale, to help compensate.
Mac Studio Ultra, 64ram, 4tb+<4tb Samsung850-860evo ssd's in TB3 Akitio Enclosure> UAD Apollo x6-tb3/Yamaha2050/Amphion/Bowers&Wilkins/Komplete S61Mk2} latest OSX

I'm demoing this now (very annoying 20 minute demo limitation btw) but so far i'm not as enthousiastic as many of you here.
I like that it is easy to use, but also dislike that it sounds pretty tame.

What do you guys think is the main selling point of Rapid ? What kind of sounds do you make with it ?
More BPM please

Return to “Instruments”