Suite of 6 Short Ecclesiastical Pieces for SATB

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

https://soundcloud.com/chameleon-music/ ... ayer-songs

Six short pieces that sort of flew off my fingers very quickly at the keyboard - composing was pretty damn quick!

Editing and tweaking took a little longer - Dominus Choir by Fluffy Audio.

For those who've been around on here for a while....

Yes, I'm the same Mark, Chameleon Music....on here for 12 years and then off for 14 months or so after KVR seriously pissed me off with its ineffective moderation - regularly allowing too much pointless nastiness.

Seriously - this may not last long! :roll:
Last edited by ChameleonMusic on Mon Jul 12, 2021 10:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
Mark Taylor, Chameleon Music - Professional composition and sound design for all media since 1994.

https://www.chameleonmusic.co.uk/

Very nice. I especially liked the Crucifixus. :clap:

And I'm not just saying that so you won't leave us again. :cry:

Good to have you back sir!

Sounds good to me me as well, although I'm obviously no authority on ecclesiastical matters.. :hihi:

Very nice. Fluffy do a good job with their sample libraries. I think they've got a new one coming out.
I was looking as Insolidus earlier today, but might have another look again. I have Requiem Light but its frustrating and not very playable.
You might not guess from my Soundcloud, but I have a liking for this kind of music too.
If this is the kind of stuff we missing by your absence... then don't leave us again.

This is expertly done as usual. Although the religious aspects don't interest me, it works as a meditative piece for me and is quite enjoyable listening with a pot of tea and a purring cat on my lap. :)

The quality of the choir sampling and speech is quite impressive. I guess you are restricted to certain Latin words?

The moderation here is the same as always. Hopefully you will stick around and not get caught up in the inevitable drama.

rp314 wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 10:58 pm Very nice. I especially liked the Crucifixus. :clap:

Thank you very much!

Crucifixus - interesting choice...some listeners elsewhere have also been drawn to that one in particular...others have put it at the bottom of their list!

Always happy to be criticized...never worry about that...it's the whole point of a forum where you air your music! I just get bored with the significant minority of dickheads who:

1) Always have to be nasty for some reason.
2) Always feel that they know a lot...when often they know very little at all.

Often it's the same people for points one and two...funny that! Maybe it's a lack of self-esteem thing!?
Mark Taylor, Chameleon Music - Professional composition and sound design for all media since 1994.

donkey tugger wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 3:22 am Good to have you back sir!

Sounds good to me me as well, although I'm obviously no authority on ecclesiastical matters.. :hihi:
Hi there DT! Cheers for the feedback.

I'm no expert in that field either, being a signed sealed and delivered atheist...I just like writing in that style from time to time! :)

Bansaw wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 3:53 am Very nice. Fluffy do a good job with their sample libraries. I think they've got a new one coming out.
I was looking as Insolidus earlier today, but might have another look again. I have Requiem Light but its frustrating and not very playable.
You might not guess from my Soundcloud, but I have a liking for this kind of music too.
If this is the kind of stuff we missing by your absence... then don't leave us again.
Thanks for the comment!

I do like Fluffy Audio's Dominus Choir - very 'playable' and the tweaking afterwards is not too time consuming compared with some choir libraries. New version has English words as well + the Pro one has a good line in those more epic choir sounds!

Insolidus - don't like it personally...too fiddly for my way of working...sounds good though!

Requiem Light - I have and use solely for its epic syllable builder as its legato settings are not great at all. This is Requiem Light's choir...final section:

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=509843

ChameleonMusic wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 2:07 pm I do like Fluffy Audio's Dominus Choir - very 'playable' and the tweaking afterwards is not too time consuming compared with some choir libraries. New version has English words as well + the Pro one has a good line in those more epic choir sounds!

Insolidus - don't like it personally...too fiddly for my way of working...sounds good though!
Are you saying that Dominus is more playable than Insolidus?
I was looking at the Insolidus "arcs" and thought that would make it really playable. But you seem to be indicating that it takes a fair bit of tweaking afterwards.

( Agree with the Requim Light comments, the dynamic layers in RL are not good. And the Staccatos dont trigger too well. I was talking to someone at work and he has RL also, and says he's gotten the Marcatos to sound better than the staccatos. )

Bansaw wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 2:38 pm
ChameleonMusic wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 2:07 pm I do like Fluffy Audio's Dominus Choir - very 'playable' and the tweaking afterwards is not too time consuming compared with some choir libraries. New version has English words as well + the Pro one has a good line in those more epic choir sounds!

Are you saying that Dominus is more playable than Insolidus?
I was looking at the Insolidus "arcs" and thought that would make it really playable. But you seem to be indicating that it takes a fair bit of tweaking afterwards.

( Agree with the Requim Light comments, the dynamic layers in RL are not good. And the Staccatos dont trigger too well. I was talking to someone at work and he has RL also, and says he's gotten the Marcatos to sound better than the staccatos. )
Dominus versus Insolidus...a very personal choice...everyone's different in the way they work + what they need.

Personally, I think Dominus is more playable than Insolidus + it sounds more natural as well. I didn't try Insolidus for more than a couple of hours, but I found that the 'arcs' had more options available, but were much more fiddly to use.

New version of Dominus means that it now loads much faster...Insolidus with its huge, clunky 89GB was very slow for me, even on my SSD drive!

Requiem Light - I only ever use two bits of it (as I dislike the legato, staccato and marcato patches - always fiddling with timing issues).

1) Syllable and Phrase Sequencer - you can get a massive epic sound here and it's easy to program.
2) The special effects section - clusters, swoops and all the other weird stuff...useful occasionally.

ChameleonMusic wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 8:58 pm
rp314 wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 10:58 pm Very nice. I especially liked the Crucifixus. :clap:

Thank you very much!

Crucifixus - interesting choice...some listeners elsewhere have also been drawn to that one in particular...others have put it at the bottom of their list.
That's what's interesting about the Music Cafe in my opinion. We're mostly from different places and backgrounds. And there's even the occasional youngster. :o :hihi:

I'm not very organized in my music listening but probably have heard more choral music than some around here. My preference might reflect some works I've been listening to recently. For example, Zdenek Liska's soundtrack for Marketa Lazarova used a choir here and there in very interesting ways. But, for whatever reasons, it's probably Part 3 of the Psymphony of Psalms your piece made me think of. :wink:

rp314 wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 10:47 pm
ChameleonMusic wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 8:58 pm

Thank you very much!

Crucifixus - interesting choice...some listeners elsewhere have also been drawn to that one in particular...others have put it at the bottom of their list.
That's what's interesting about the Music Cafe in my opinion. We're mostly from different places and backgrounds. And there's even the occasional youngster. :o :hihi:

I'm not very organized in my music listening but probably have heard more choral music than some around here. My preference might reflect some works I've been listening to recently. For example, Zdenek Liska's soundtrack for Marketa Lazarova used a choir here and there in very interesting ways. But, for whatever reasons, it's probably Part 3 of the Psymphony of Psalms your piece made me think of. :wink:
I know Liska a little bit, but not that particular film...his music is quite eclectic in style and can be seriously experimental from what I've heard? Certainly someone who pushed boundaries and helped film music progress develop.

'Symphony of Psalms' - not that I deserve it at all, but feel free to compare me to Igor any day! :)

Frantz wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 8:16 pm This is expertly done as usual. Although the religious aspects don't interest me, it works as a meditative piece for me and is quite enjoyable listening with a pot of tea and a purring cat on my lap. :)

The quality of the choir sampling and speech is quite impressive. I guess you are restricted to certain Latin words?

The moderation here is the same as always. Hopefully you will stick around and not get caught up in the inevitable drama.
Thanks Frantz - much appreciated, as always...and for the comment on SC. (Note: those won't be possible from now on as I'm just using it as a 'shopfront' for professional clients from now on, so comments are no longer allowed / visible etc).

Yes - latin words only when I wrote these, although the new version also has English word potential + more flexibility in general.

Moderation - I'm only going to stay if it's enjoyable overall...I'll give it a low key 'go' for a few months and then decide.

top quality work here

I like the brevity as well

ChameleonMusic wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 9:00 pm
donkey tugger wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 3:22 am Good to have you back sir!

Hi there DT! Cheers for the feedback.

I'm no expert in that field either, being a signed sealed and delivered atheist...I just like writing in that style from time to time! :)
Ah, good! Without hopefully veering off too much into HPC territory I remember Richard Dawkins picking some Bach on Desert Island Discs and saying how he loved a lot of 'religious' music, without believing in the same inspiration - more celebrating the achievement of the composers.

I personally would draw the line at Stryper. :hihi:

Return to “Music Cafe”