VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Bazille

Repro 1/5.
rsp
sound sculptist

Currently for me its MASSIVE X,Rapid(though it's low end sucks IMO),Tone2 Icarus 2 and Electra 2 after all the "sound quality"updates that got rid of that cheesy allpass filter shit that used to plague all his synths.all these have the same "depth"of sound i got from using outboard VA's.if we are talking strictly analog emu's then currently i don't think anything tops the solidity of TAL Mod.i find all the U-he offerings sound a bit mushy compared to the things they are inspired by and or are emulating

Honorable mention to Reaktor 5/6 and VCV Rack and Softube Modular.audiorate everything is always a win and all these have stellar sound engines throughout
I

Best sounding? Anything by U-he followed by Synapse or Tone2

After that it's all about processing.
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

Massive X
TAL Mod
Plogue Chipsounds PortaFM and MD
Softube Modular

Basically everyone is listing their favourite synths. In terms of pure sound quality and nothing else, the best sounding synth is the one with the highest quality oversampling and anti aliasing. It also consumes quite the amount of CPU.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

v1o wrote: Wed Dec 25, 2019 12:06 pm Basically everyone is listing their favourite synths. In terms of pure sound quality and nothing else, the best sounding synth is the one with the highest quality oversampling and anti aliasing. It also consumes quite the amount of CPU.
so, u-he as Robmobious said. :D
Also, not entirely true.
I don't own LuSH, Spire, Serum (sold it), Synapse or Tone2 and i think they sound great :)
Robmobius wrote: Wed Dec 25, 2019 11:57 am Best sounding? Anything by U-he followed by Synapse or Tone2

After that it's all about processing.
Accurate af, honorable mentions: Spire, Serum, LuSH-101, Strobe2.

If I must choose only two for the highest sound quality, then Massive X and RePro 5 :D

TAL-Mod would be my first choice as well. XILS synths second

My 2 would be still P900 and Dagger then.

Out of those i tried everything TAL, the Roland Cloud stuff (judging by their SH-01A HW), Diva, the Repros and Ace would be my personal picks

Have never tinkered with most of the other obvious contenders like Dune (dunno why), The Legend (not really looking for the Minimoog sound), Massive X (doesn't even run on my elderly CPU), Dagger (feature set not that interesting), P900 (Mac only), or Xils stuff (ilok) though

edit: forgot to mention Aalto. Among all it's crazyness there's some utter beauty inside too
Last edited by FapFilter on Wed Dec 25, 2019 1:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The GAS is always greener on the other side!

IMO Korg Odyssey VST

Forgot to say Tal Mod and their 101 are also great.

Roland Cloud stuff is cool too (except fir the whole sub model).

Serum is great for what it does (it's outstanding for neuro type stuff).
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

Currently the synths really impressing me sound quality-wise are Icarus2 and ANA2.

When it comes to emulations my top marks are Repro, Legend, Tal U-No-LX and Bassline-101. Really digging the ME80 sound as well.

A lot of people mentioning Tal Mod. Not sure why I never gave that one much of a chance since I love their 101 and juno so much. Maybe I'll have to check it out again after the recent update and also having realized how great their synths are with touch screens being multi-touch capable.

voidhead23 wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 3:08 am i think i'm naturally gravitating towards using TRK-01 as my main synth, as most of what i use synths for is just a bass guitar. It's weird for me to have synths like Zebra, Massive, Serum, Hive and Thorn when i'm only using a fragment of their features. Even with TRK-01, i haven't fully explored each oscillator mode! i also appreciate that it seems like the synth was put together with the simplicity of a hardware piece in mind, but isn't another analog emulation. It's its own thing.

The bass during the heavy parts of this song are all TRK-01, it won over Hive when testing the part in the mix. During the quieter parts (verses, melodic bridge thing and break) are Serum but i think i was just being lazy. Probably could have gotten that sound from TRK-01 paired maybe with Operator.

https://soundcloud.com/izalith/jinjingj ... sets/demos

ALL the bass on this one is TRK-01. It beat out Thorn, Serum and Massive when i checked the part with those synths as well.

https://soundcloud.com/izalith/amyn-mui ... sets/demos

Admittedly, my sound design is painfully simple, but i feel like most of the more complex bass sound design is all done with fx processing anyway so a simple synth like TRK-01 could do that as well. Okay, enough fanboi crap from me. Back on topic.
Wow, I love Amyn Muil. :love:

Return to “Instruments”