Disappointment in hardware synths

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

roman.i wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 4:56 pm"fully" analog tracks.
How did you plan on recording them?
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

vurt wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 5:59 pm
elassi wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 5:54 pm
vurt wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 5:45 pm additional herbs or beer to taste...
Doesn't work, honestly. The more you add, the more 'freaked out' it gets. While it is great fun for the artist himself (I know exactly where you're coming from because I love those sessions myself), the audience will run away slowly but surely, unless they think they're part of an avantgarde-art-high-end-event they actually don't enjoy but think it's cool to tell their peeps afterward. :hihi:
audience? some breed of elephant?
Oh, and yes, this also applies to posting in a forum. Forgot to mention, but you reminded me. Thanks. ;)

elassi wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 6:01 pm
vurt wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 5:59 pm
elassi wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 5:54 pm
vurt wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 5:45 pm additional herbs or beer to taste...
Doesn't work, honestly. The more you add, the more 'freaked out' it gets. While it is great fun for the artist himself (I know exactly where you're coming from because I love those sessions myself), the audience will run away slowly but surely, unless they think they're part of an avantgarde-art-high-end-event they actually don't enjoy but think it's cool to tell their peeps afterward. :hihi:
audience? some breed of elephant?
Oh, and yes, this also applies to posting in a forum. Forgot to mention, but you reminded me. Thanks. ;)
yup, should be rules against it if you ask me...

Same thoughts.

Well, I picked Make Noise 0-Coast, which is certainly not the workhorse synth, rather experiemental contraption.

Still, I figured out to record anything, I need to already know what to record - need to have melody and progressions in place and just tweak the knobs. Otherwise, whatever I record will end up in a trash,. as it's not possible to change the melody anymore once it's recorded :/

Maybe if I had sequencer, things would work quicker. But Ableton shoudl already cover all sequencer needs I could think of.

All in all, I took several attempts to get track running with 0-Coast, but didn't get far as yet. I took a break for now and decided to learn stuff (psytrance) with more conventional setup.
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

Mushy Mushy wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 6:01 pm
tape.
but then realised theres rewinding n shit involved...

vurt wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 6:04 pm
Mushy Mushy wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 6:01 pm
tape.
but then realised theres rewinding n shit involved...
:lol:

Too much work innit.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

:hihi:

To me, nothing beats the 'organic feel' that is given by turning and tweaking real knobs. It's remarkably different from the 'bookkeeping'-style of music that often comes out of pure sequencer work.

The price you pay for that is the lack of 'total recall'.

Well, you can't have it all.

Mushy Mushy wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 5:59 pm
mholloway wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 5:56 pm
roman.i wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 4:56 pm then I discovered that there is no way to save patches, and I have to record the synth every time I change the patch.
Some people do the slightest amount of basic research before throwing hundreds of dollars at new things.

Others, apparently, do not.... and get what they deserve.

I mean, it took more effort to sign up and post on KVR than it would have to learn about the synths you were buying.

I mean, this must be a troll, right? This is just too stupid.
Have to agree. Even if I'm spending £100 on something I still read countless reviews and watch hours and hours of YouTube to ensure it's right for me.

This would be like me walking into modularland blind, and then complaining about the wires.
in the OPs defense. when the model D and neuron got released earlier in the year, the analogue synth forums and social media buzz around them went nuts .. people were buying them like crazy because the price point is a helluva lot more competitive than what Moog, Korg or Roland price their analog synths at.
🌐 Spotify 🔵 Soundcloud 🌀 Soundclick

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

Like buying a car when you cant drive ... it wont go well at first ;)

thecontrolcentre wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 6:18 pm Like buying a car when you cant drive ... it wont go well at first ;)
:o
shit.

vurt wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 6:20 pm
thecontrolcentre wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 6:18 pm Like buying a car when you cant drive ... it wont go well at first ;)
shit.
You should see the state of my car ... it was immaculate when i got it. Its covered in scratches and dents now. :dog:

You're right I had NFI how to handle that gear, I just loved the sound of both, that's what happens when you have more budget than time. Also, I don't see any issue with that approach, I'm sure that you can learn drive a car faster when you have it rather than you just read about it on the internet.

thecontrolcentre wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 6:28 pm
vurt wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 6:20 pm
shit.
You should see the state of my car ... it was immaculate when i got it. Its covered in scratches and dents now. :dog:
i have no intention of driving it!
i have someone for that :lol:
i bought it for my son, to drive here if i needed assistance. before he got his job with audi so now drives some company issues thing.
was an old polo, just a runabout really.

roman.i wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 6:29 pm You're right I had NFI how to handle that gear, I just loved the sound of both, that's what happens when you have more budget than time. Also, I don't see any issue with that approach, I'm sure that you can learn drive a car faster when you have it rather than you just read about it on the internet.
dont do the same thing with a car :o
no one can die if you mess up recording a synth ;)

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”