Korg releases Korg Triton VST

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
KORG Collection

come on guys, were expecting a bit too much from a plugin.
expecting a plugin to load all the pcg files of original Triton.. have you ever seen a software recreation of any analog synth being able to load programs that were meant for hardware.
What's next someone will complain that it can't read Triton SNG files.
This plugin is already a dream come true the way it is.
Macbook M1 Max 32GB Ram Cubase 12

fmr wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 10:04 am
oxygenmask wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 5:27 am I submitted a ticket because I purchased Triton last night, but I haven't received my download code email. I have also not received a response to my ticket. I noticed that they will be closed from tomorrow until 1/6. I am quite sure after waiting 9 days to simply download and install my $200 product, I will not be in a good mood.
Where did you submitted the ticket? I want to report what seems to be a bug in the Windows version, regarding Bank and Program Change
There is a support forum that will eventually lead you to a link to customer support. I received a ticket submission acknowledgment from support@korgapp.zendesk.com.

oxygenmask wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 4:10 pm There is a support forum that will eventually lead you to a link to customer support. I received a ticket submission acknowledgment from support@korgapp.zendesk.com.
Thanks. I submited a ticket too. Let's hope they do something about it soon. :tu:
Fernando (FMR)

For future reference, there's a link to specifically report bugs on the top right of this page..
https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us

fmr wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 2:03 pmEDIT: I got it to work, but I only need CC 32 (apparently CC 0 is ignored)
...which is exactly what I said! :)

BTW, to choose General MIDI banks, you need to set MSB 121, LSB 0-8. Works here.

The particular rack instrument thingie you're experiencing fmr might just be a Cubase issue.
Last edited by EvilDragon on Sat Dec 28, 2019 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TS-12 wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 4:00 pmexpecting a plugin to load all the pcg files of original Triton.. have you ever seen a software recreation of any analog synth being able to load programs that were meant for hardware.
Yes, NI's Pro-53 could read sysex from Prophet-5, actually.

Also Triton is not an analog synth, it's much easier to do sysex import (as Korg's M1 and Wavestation and Roland's D-50 plugins showcase).

TS-12 wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 4:00 pm come on guys, were expecting a bit too much from a plugin.
expecting a plugin to load all the pcg files of original Triton.. have you ever seen a software recreation of any analog synth being able to load programs that were meant for hardware.
but there's synths that can loads presets from their hardware original: Dexed, DX-7 V, etc.

Repro-5 doesn't load directly Prophet-5 sysex, but U-He provided a converter utility.

TS-12 wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 4:00 pm come on guys, were expecting a bit too much from a plugin.
Yeah so right because
- it is from first hand company which is the same korg as the Hardware
- we got 2019 and old school trend is active so we shall not Progress but get back!
- it is a vst/software why should you be able to load original files would be unfair cause hardware is king and software dor noobs

:hihi:
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Whats the GUI like? Resizable?

cleverr1 wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 2:38 pm I'm seeing a strange feature where the font used in the menu looks like one of the inkpen types from Encore 5 - Anyone else getting this?
Yes I am getting a strange font in the Menu. I first noticed it on a few of my other VSTs earlier this month. I have looked for a way to change this font...I thought it was a default system font that got changed. Hard to tell. Maybe someone here can help.

Windows 10

Jon

EvilDragon wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 5:58 pm
fmr wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 2:03 pmEDIT: I got it to work, but I only need CC 32 (apparently CC 0 is ignored)
...which is exactly what I said! :)

BTW, to choose General MIDI banks, you need to set MSB 121, LSB 0-8. Works here.

The particular rack instrument thingie you're experiencing fmr might just be a Cubase issue.
Thanks Mario. CC 121 (and 120 for Drums) works... but in REAPER. I still get all kinds of issues in Cubase. And I noticed that in REAPER, when we write the two controllers (00/32) they get merged in a single message, while in Cubase they are kept separated.

Maybe that's why, but the way Cubase handles things is the correct way, AFAIK. CC messages are to be send one after the other, and followed by program Change. Things should work that way. And how can this be a Cubase issue since Cubase works well with the others (including M1 and Wavestation from KLC)?
Fernando (FMR)

Reaper doesn't merge the messages - they are still sent one after another (MSB then LSB), you can see this in the event list. It's just a visual merge, if you're in Bank/Program CC lane (this lane visually conflates bank select MSB, LSB and program change - makes it much easier to enter these events!).

Also, Reaper has 14-bit CC lanes which makes editing 14-bit MIDI CCs much easier since they edit both MSB and LSB simultaneously (which IS, in fact, the case with Bank Select MSB and LSB being used), so Reaper's implementation is very much correct here. You can test this with a MIDI logger.

EvilDragon wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 9:09 pm Reaper doesn't merge the messages - they are still sent one after another (MSB then LSB), you can see this in the event list. It's just a visual merge, if you're in Bank/Program CC lane (this lane visually conflates bank select MSB, LSB and program change - makes it much easier to enter these events!).

Also, Reaper has 14-bit CC lanes which makes editing 14-bit MIDI CCs much easier since they edit both MSB and LSB simultaneously (which IS, in fact, the case with Bank Select MSB and LSB being used), so Reaper's implementation is very much correct here. You can test this with a MIDI logger.
Maybe you're right. I said that because in the Event List (which is where I like to edit these) they appear merged as a single value. Anyway, it works in REAPER, works in Digital Performer, but in Cubase it works only occasionally (even Track instruments don't work all the time). Triton doesn't like Cubase, or Cubase doesn't like Triton. :hihi:
Fernando (FMR)

thecontrolcentre wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 7:58 pm Whats the GUI like? Resizable?
Various sizes in the menu.

Tiny
Small
Medium
Large
Extended
Full
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Respectfully disagree, there are many plugin recreations that load original data. there's no reason not to. from Roland Cloud D50, to Korg's own Wavestation, M1 or Polysix, Dexed, SQ8L, PG8X to name a few.
There's too much custom data for the Triton to want to miss them and have a mere preset player, as great as it would be. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy to get this. but it could definitely be improved upon.

Return to “Instruments”