RAPID Synthesizer | Rapid 1.8.0 released | Free "SP - Granular Elements"

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic

dionenoid wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 1:12 am I'm demoing this now (very annoying 20 minute demo limitation btw) but so far i'm not as enthousiastic as many of you here.
I like that it is easy to use, but also dislike that it sounds pretty tame.

What do you guys think is the main selling point of Rapid ? What kind of sounds do you make with it ?
You can de-tame this synth pretty easy :wink:

dionenoid wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 1:12 am What do you guys think is the main selling point of Rapid ? What kind of sounds do you make with it ?
I like the sound and I like the feature set. Not all of us want to be Skrillex. :wink:

Right now I'm working on some Wavesequencing sounds using the Delay function on the Amp envelopes. Layer 1 morphs into Layer 2 then into Layer 3 etc.

This allows for some awesome evolving and morphing complex sounds. :tu:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Thanx for the answers. :tu:

Decided to pass on this after some more demoing. Wasn't very impressed.
More BPM please

Sale is back on but there's been no clarification on why 20% is added for tax? :roll: :roll:

dionenoid wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 1:12 am I'm demoing this now (very annoying 20 minute demo limitation btw) but so far i'm not as enthousiastic as many of you here.
I like that it is easy to use, but also dislike that it sounds pretty tame.

What do you guys think is the main selling point of Rapid ? What kind of sounds do you make with it ?
If you are capable you can make any sound at all with it.
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

So back to the subject of Wavesequencing....here are a few free patches for Rapid. They're not finished but I'm still in "getting to know you" mode with Rapid.

Hold a chord on your midi keyboard and listen to the waves as they sequence (on some of the patches). The only issue here is that although the factory sample content is nice it is somewhat limited in the type of samples I normally use for Wavesequencing. I had over 30 gigs of sample material for the last WS synth I used.

Has anyone made a WS template for Rapid ? I'm only using about 4 or 5 layers now but I'll work out the delay times and attack values needed to use all 8 layers.

Anyway I hope someone enjoys the patches. I'll release more in the future if there is any interest. :tu:
Teksonik Rapid 01.zip
-------
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

ATS wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 3:59 am If you are capable you can make any sound at all with it.
That's true for any synth, no reason to buy Rapid :D

Of course that's not true for any synth. Try making a highly realistic Choir sound with a Mini-Moog. Oh sure it will do a "vox like" sound but nothing approaching the reality of a sample based synth.

The problem these days at KVR is that the definition of "any sound at all" is too narrow. There are more sounds than just a saw wave or wobble...... :wink:

Bought it.
I'm very disappointed in the lack of an MSEG. The Massive-esque shapes are nice but super time consuming to program compared to an MSEG, and even slower than Massive itself. Also the mod matrix is cumbersome compared to, say, Serum.
In retrospect I wish I put the money to Phaseplant.

I think msegs are coming in next update. I tried phaseplant, wasnt impressed personally.

Mik_lo wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 2:08 pm I think msegs are coming in next update.
That would be great, I hope you’re right!

Mik_lo wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 2:08 pm I think msegs are coming in next update. I tried phaseplant, wasnt impressed personally.
I tried Phaseplant and bought it.

I waited too long to purchase some soundsets on sale, thought it would be until today, but obviously not :) I'll have to wait for Valentines Day, spring or summer sale...or maybe next BF...well well :)
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

sircuit wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 2:10 am
I have Rapid on dual boot mac/win and it works perfectly fine. I even gone as far as using a single library location on a different drive and doing symlinks towards it from both OSes.

"Prior to this I did notice that Rapid had been recognised within Studio One even though I had not installed it."

I don't have your DAW but I know reaper can scan all drives for vst's if set up wrong. Bottom line, Rapid works fine in a multi-os setup, it only depends how good you are with managing that set up.

Just wanted to post an update and as a future reference to this for myself

I managed to get Rapid working with Windows 10, by that I mean properly in being able to have the sounds to load and show up in the patch browser as well as hear them. The problem was that the licence file I used for the Windows 7 installation wasn't working or being recognised in this case on the Windows 10 system. You need a new licence for the activation of the rapid factory sound bank to be generated and linked to that you download once you have selected to activate the soundbank from the Rapid GUI. Confirmation that the plugin is activated is presented but it's not until you drag in a new instance of the plugin that the plugin works as normal.

I started afresh with a new installation with the soundbanks installed first during this process, and logging into the website. This info should help those who have run into this problem as I have in making the plugin work as intended with Windows 10 should they have installed it on Win 7.

:)
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

Teksonik wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 2:15 pm So back to the subject of Wavesequencing....here are a few free patches for Rapid. They're not finished but I'm still in "getting to know you" mode with Rapid.

Hold a chord on your midi keyboard and listen to the waves as they sequence (on some of the patches). The only issue here is that although the factory sample content is nice it is somewhat limited in the type of samples I normally use for Wavesequencing. I had over 30 gigs of sample material for the last WS synth I used.

Has anyone made a WS template for Rapid ? I'm only using about 4 or 5 layers now but I'll work out the delay times and attack values needed to use all 8 layers.

Anyway I hope someone enjoys the patches. I'll release more in the future if there is any interest. :tu:

Teksonik Rapid 01.zip

-------
Thanks for this- Really nice (I particularly like the Fermi Paradox preset)

This synth is so well suited to 'Wavestation' and the new Wavestation 2 (hardware) is creating a lot of hype for having sequencers on the wavetables. Rapid really could go next level once you can easily load a patch to a layer and then easily blend between layers in a performance - there are 8 layers - stick 2 joysticks on the 'M' page and let them be automated/recorded...
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Return to “Instruments”