What guitar gear have you bought/are you buying/will you buy?

A forum for discussion of all things guitar!
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I just bought a Tanglewood ukulele in a sale. Does that count? Hoping it stays in tune, which my other two (including a flying-V one) don't.
[W10-64, T5/6/7/W8/9/10/11/12, 32(to W8)&64 all, Spike],[W7-32, T5/6/7/W8, Gina16] everything underused.

jabe wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 6:16 pm I just bought a Tanglewood ukulele in a sale. Does that count? Hoping it stays in tune, which my other two (including a flying-V one) don't.
im thinking about turning my flying v uke into a drone.
or blowing it up.
or both, with a spectacular air burst to end its existence.
like a tiny out of tune supernova.

vurt wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 6:44 pm
jabe wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 6:16 pm I just bought a Tanglewood ukulele in a sale. Does that count? Hoping it stays in tune, which my other two (including a flying-V one) don't.
im thinking about turning my flying v uke into a drone.
or blowing it up.
or both, with a spectacular air burst to end its existence.
like a tiny out of tune supernova.
That's an interesting idea. If there are explosions, be sure to film it for us.

There is a very humanitarian role which, I heard a while back, ukuleles have been performing. Rather than have kids learn to play music on recorders, schools have been letting them use ukuleles. These have the advantage of looking something like guitars and therefore having hugely more street cred and appeal to small humans. The humanitarian aspect is that ukes don't shred nerves and eardrums the way recorders often do. Perhaps a nearby school would be happy with a flying-V uke as a contribution, and perhaps one day some small Manc person might almost see your vision to fruition with an out of tune rendition of the Gallagher Bros' Champagne Supernova.
[W10-64, T5/6/7/W8/9/10/11/12, 32(to W8)&64 all, Spike],[W7-32, T5/6/7/W8, Gina16] everything underused.

it's never stayed in tune, the pegs dont have enough grip to tighten a string.

also, i no longer live in manc.
and even if i did grrrr oasis :x

ill buy the kid a behringer 808 and he can do some 808state instead :D

and i like exploding things.

vurt wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 7:12 pm it's never stayed in tune, the pegs dont have enough grip to tighten a string
Get some peg dope for it

...and no, it’s not what you think...

Forgotten wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 7:26 pm
vurt wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 7:12 pm it's never stayed in tune, the pegs dont have enough grip to tighten a string
Get some peg dope for it

...and no, it’s not what you think...
it was a joke stocking filler gift from my xwife.
the whole explosion thing is really more attractive as an idea :)

Built myself a souped-up thinline replacement for my long-gone 97 strat plus.
I am loving it so much, i'm gonna sell my '19 Elite once i get home from vacation!
Feed the children! Preferably to starving wild animals.
--
Pooter | Software | Akai MPK-61 | Line 6 Helix | Dynaudio BM5A mk II

My better half got me a TC Flashback II, Hall Of Fame 2, and the EHX nano Russian fuzz for Xmas. The TC stuff in stereo is amazing. Next thing I may get is the Strymon Deco.

Search for a looper ended (hopefully) here.
https://boomeranglooper.com/products/bo ... iii-looper
Intel Core i7 8700K, 16gb, Windows 10 Pro, Focusrite Scarlet 6i6

i will use bias,haha

morelia wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 1:05 am Search for a looper ended (hopefully) here.
https://boomeranglooper.com/products/bo ... iii-looper
What made you go for that one?

I got a guitar tuner for Xmas ... :party:

I ordered a disorder :help:
(a Mosky Obsessive Compulsive Drive OCD Overdrive pedal, my first AliExpress purchase)

Bax is offering a -10% voucher on Fazley and Innox (both house brands?).
I ordered a few guitar cases (cause they're cheaper than Thomann, even) and cheap cotton guitar straps (me likes for the money). There's also stools, stands, guitars...

Return to “Guitars”