Unify by PluginGuru; The next big thing?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Unify (Standard Edition)

Stupid question you can Host AU Plugins? It is only max isn't it? Or can I use AU plugins with unify in Windows 10 daw?
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Caine123 wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 3:41 pm Stupid question you can Host AU Plugins? It is only max isn't it? Or can I use AU plugins with unify in Windows 10 daw?
Not a stupid question at all. A very important one, with a 3-part answer:
1. Yes, we can host AU plug-ins, but only on Mac.
2. AU is a Mac-only technology.
3. Unify Pro, which we hope to have out next year, which will allow you to use AU plug-ins (running in Unify on a Mac) inside a PC DAW, via Ethernet.

-shane

Since you guys are answering here, i noticed there's a topic about Unify on Gearslutz too :
https://www.gearslutz.com/board/new-pro ... unify.html
More BPM please

First plugin buy in 2020 for me ! Cant wait to try this.
U N I S O N : shoegaze/electronic wall of sound with heavenly voice
https://soundcloud.com/weareunison / https://www.facebook.com/unison666 / https://weareunison.com/

getdunne wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 3:57 pm
Caine123 wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 3:41 pm Stupid question you can Host AU Plugins? It is only max isn't it? Or can I use AU plugins with unify in Windows 10 daw?
Not a stupid question at all. A very important one, with a 3-part answer:
1. Yes, we can host AU plug-ins, but only on Mac.
2. AU is a Mac-only technology.
3. Unify Pro, which we hope to have out next year, which will allow you to use AU plug-ins (running in Unify on a Mac) inside a PC DAW, via Ethernet.

-shane
Hi shane

Now you got my interest. How is this possible?
So with the next pro update i can do this:
My pc with windows 10 and daw fl studio 20 using Alchemy 2? Which is only mac?

Thx
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Caine123 wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 6:35 pm Now you got my interest. How is this possible?
First, you need a Mac. A pair of Ethernet network cables and a hub.

But with Alchemy 2 (or Sculpture etc), it's not going to fly with Unify unless some magic happens. There is no AU of Alchemy 2 that you can load outside Logic or MainStage. You can only run it in those two programs.

What you can do, and do it today, is run a Mac as a souped-up MIDI module. Use a network-MIDI protocol that sends MIDI to Alchemy inside MainStage (which is cheap) and route the audio through your audio interface back into the PC. Unify Pro will do something similar for regular AUs, but bring the audio back into the DAW through Ethernet. You can control the Mac and MainStage using remote-desktop software like VNC.

Apologies if I missed it in a previous post,when does the intro pricing period end?
Thanks
2012 Mac Pro,3.46 Ghz,12 core 96g ,Mojave,RME, DP11.01, Logic 10.51,RME UCX, Great River ME-1NV, a few microphones,Spectrasonics, U-he Komplete12U & way too many VI's,Synths & FX galore!, UAD,Mimic Pro/SD3,Focal Twin 6 monitors, Shunyata ....

Gamma-UT wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 6:46 pm
Caine123 wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 6:35 pm Now you got my interest. How is this possible?
First, you need a Mac. A pair of Ethernet network cables and a hub.

But with Alchemy 2 (or Sculpture etc), it's not going to fly with Unify unless some magic happens. There is no AU of Alchemy 2 that you can load outside Logic or MainStage. You can only run it in those two programs.

What you can do, and do it today, is run a Mac as a souped-up MIDI module. Use a network-MIDI protocol that sends MIDI to Alchemy inside MainStage (which is cheap) and route the audio through your audio interface back into the PC. Unify Pro will do something similar for regular AUs, but bring the audio back into the DAW through Ethernet. You can control the Mac and MainStage using remote-desktop software like VNC.
Thx a lot man! Well i guess i would get a mac then if i want to hook up alchemy 2 :). Im thinking a lot about a mac more and more cause Windows sucks more and more.

Sounds pretty interesting from watching most of the user manual vids so far, even as a Patcher fan. Is anyone able to list the included free VSTs, share a screenshot, or if were they're in a livestream and there's a timestamped YouTube link please? (EDIT: just got to the end of video 4/5, these are coming in 5/5)

The free ones and the player version (if free) should have the potential to become extremely popular I'd think, been seeing many more producers now coming from countries where audio software must be very expensive due to global economic setups.

For me I'd love to see some kind of multiband and m/s mixing options if they are easy to include in the regular version.
Nova II, FL20+Fire, Sytrus, Transistor Bass, DUNE 3, Thorn, Viper, ANA 2 SynthMaster, Discovery Pro, Reason, SugarBytes, SoundToys, LION, TRIAD, Plugin-Alliance, T-Racks, AmpliTube, MODO Drum/Bass, iZotope MPS 2.
One Day: FLEXXX, Alpha Forever, Diversion 2

Does anyone know what the license policy is, for example do they allow license transfers?
I can’t see it on there website.

whannel wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:47 pm Is anyone able to list the included free VSTs...

For me I'd love to see some kind of multiband and m/s mixing options if they are easy to include in the regular version.
There is a list on the home page of the online manual: http://pluginguru.net/unify/manual, with links to the official pages for all the free ones. I haven't written the descriptions of the built-in ones yet (sorry--crazy busy as the response has been overwhelming), but they're coming.
-shane

simmo75 wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:09 pm Does anyone know what the license policy is, for example do they allow license transfers?
I can’t see it on there website.
PlugInGuru is still a small enough company that we don't have to have hard-and-fast policies. Contact Skippy directly (admin@pluginguru.com), let him know what's concerning you, and he'll work it out.
-shane

Okay, i just read the part of the manual about plug-ins that don't work with Unify (yet).
When i see that list it seems there is a problem with iLok stuff (AIR, Softube, Falcon). Can anyone confirm this, specifically for Win7 ? Also i see that Sylenth1 doesn't work ? That would be a bummer...
More BPM please

dionenoid wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:38 am Okay, i just read the part of the manual about plug-ins that don't work with Unify (yet).
When i see that list it seems there is a problem with iLok stuff (AIR, Softube, Falcon). Can anyone confirm this, specifically for Win7 ? Also i see that Sylenth1 doesn't work ? That would be a bummer...
im on Win 10 64 bit and the last Falcon Version 2.0.3 are working for me , also Superior Drummer 3 , EZdrummer 2 , EZkeys , Halion 6 VST .

i can not say about the others in the list as i dont own them .

but what i also noticed that on some instruments in the unify Instrument list gets not written VST and or VST3 . on some vendors it works and on some not . looks like a small bug .

Return to “Instruments”