ReFx Nexus 3 (N3) Finally here!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Nexus

Reefius wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:46 pm ...........
...... But I don't think you can go from 86 to 44 presets by just renaming them.
lol
rsp
sound sculptist

Reefius wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:46 pmreFX keeps insisting no presets were removed, only renamed. But I don't think you can go from 86 to 44 presets by just renaming them.
(from memory) isn't it the case that there were only ever 44, and the 86 involved both new and old versions of the same thing?
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

m-ac wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:09 pm ........
I've got the same issue, please come back and let us know what support say. I'm assuming you get the same issue with knight lead and knight rider lead (in the leads folder)?

Hi Richard,

1) Open the cloud app.

2) Right-click and uninstall the TV Movie Game expansion.

3) Open your "Nexus Content" folder on your hard drive

4) Open the "Presets" folder inside

5) Manually delete the TV Movie Game expansion folder

6) Reinstall it in the cloud tool

And that should fix it.

For the record this worked.
44 patches now and they all seem to be fine (went thru them randomly but not all 44)
rsp
sound sculptist

Reefius wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:26 am
zvenx wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:33 pm I hope they know some of their own stuff (from TV Movie Game) seem to have the same issue.
rsp

For instance
That preset is loading fine here. Are your expansions up-to-date?
Ftr that preset no longer exists, a renamed possible version of it does though.
rsp
sound sculptist

zvenx wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:40 pm
I've got the same issue, please come back and let us know what support say. I'm assuming you get the same issue with knight lead and knight rider lead (in the leads folder)?

Hi Richard,

1) Open the cloud app.

And that should fix it.

44 patches now and they all seem to be fine (went thru them randomly but not all 44)
rsp
Cheers, Richard, I'll do that.

m-ac wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 5:32 pm
zvenx wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:40 pm

Hi Richard,

1) Open the cloud app.

And that should fix it.

rsp
Cheers, Richard, I'll do that.
Richard? who is this Richard you speak of? :wink: I am zvenx!! :)
You are most welcome :)
rsp
sound sculptist

zvenx wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:45 pm Ftr that preset no longer exists, a renamed possible version of it does though.
rsp
You're right, it's named 'BR Real B-Runner!' now. Didn't even notice that earlier :dog:

It's quite obvious that a lot of presets were either removed or renamed for copyright reasons. No idea why reFX isn't honest about it and keeps insisting no presets were removed.

zvenx wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 5:43 pm Richard? who is this Richard you speak of? :wink: I am zvenx!! :)
rsp
On the NI beta forums there's someone named Richard who also signs his posts with 'rsp'. I've always wondered, are these your initials?

Reefius wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:42 pm
zvenx wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 5:43 pm Richard? who is this Richard you speak of? :wink: I am zvenx!! :)
rsp
On the NI beta forums there's someone named Richard who also signs his posts with 'rsp'. I've always wondered, are these your initials?
lol
just out me won't you :)
but yes
richard sven patterson I am
rsp
sound sculptist

Reefius wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:37 pm
zvenx wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:45 pm Ftr that preset no longer exists, a renamed possible version of it does though.
rsp
You're right, it's named 'BR Real B-Runner!' now. Didn't even notice that earlier :dog:

It's quite obvious that a lot of presets were either removed or renamed for copyright reasons. No idea why reFX isn't honest about it and keeps insisting no presets were removed.
Hard to argue that if it was once 86 and now 44 that some weren't removed :)
rsp
sound sculptist

it always were around 40! nothing has been removed. The 86 are the duplicates due to the renaming. It was a free fun xp from the xmas calendar!

Got ya. so There were 40+, some were renamed but the installer did not remove the original renamed ones, so they became 86 in the list (comprising of the older names and the newer names), and a fresh install just installs the newer names.
Thanks for the clarification.
rsp
sound sculptist

msvs wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:32 pm it always were around 40! nothing has been removed. The 86 are the duplicates due to the renaming. It was a free fun xp from the xmas calendar!
And what about the fact that a lot of those 'renamed' presets now sound completely different? For example: the Axel F SQ preset used to sound nearly exactly the same as the original Axel F theme, now the bassline is just one note.

Reefius wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:41 pm
msvs wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:32 pm it always were around 40! nothing has been removed. The 86 are the duplicates due to the renaming. It was a free fun xp from the xmas calendar!
And what about the fact that a lot of those 'renamed' presets now sound completely different? For example: the Axel F SQ preset used to sound nearly exactly the same as the original Axel F theme, now the bassline is just one note.
I know refx could have (should have?) sent a quick email out to let customers know they'd changed the sequences slightly, but at the end of the day, is it really that much of a problem? Maybe if you were making an 80s tv show remix album, but other than that...
Last edited by m-ac on Sat Jan 11, 2020 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Reefius wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:41 pm
You can always ask for a refund of the freebie...

Return to “Instruments”