Does u-he Diva ever go on sale?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I finally downloaded Diva and really like it. I find the interface so much easier to work with than some of my other synths, and I like how I can switch the panels/components over to somewhat model a Juno. On the down side, it's almost $300 Canadian. That's a lot of money. That is more a comment on what my bank account and not whether or not Diva is worth it. Is there a history of Diva going on sale?

There is little history of any U-he stuff going on sale.

They had a good bundle deal with Native Instruments last year

I'm not really sure, but I think you just named all U-he discounts ever.

Buy it used on KVR. Or offer other plugins in exchange for Diva, also here on KVR.

Make sure to join U-he's mailing list, because they do have occasional discounts for existing customers, maybe 15%-25% off (you might need to wait till November though). Diva did just win best synth on the KVR Best of the Best, so maybe worthy of paying full price for!

Don't hold your breath for another sale like the NI one, because they said it was a one-off.

I don't think it is the best of the best synths, frankly.

I personally prefer Pro-5, but Diva is also very good. And the NI sale is the only one I know of, too.
A well-behaved signature.

Also, worth checking out The Legend by Synapse. Granted Diva isn't strictly a Minimoog emulation, but The Legend is also incredibly easy to use, much more reasonably priced, much more CPU efficient, and IMO sounds better, according to this guy as well: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1h07ws--CM

u-he had some sales recently (although i think the general sale was only for those who already own u-he products), which was really atypical. Chances are it won't be happening again in the immediate future. If you really want it but can't afford or justify spending the asking price, you can always look for someone selling it second hand.

that's the best possible way of buying Diva cheaper
e-crooner wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:48 pm Buy it used on KVR. Or offer other plugins in exchange for Diva, also here on KVR.

dune_rave wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:34 pm that's the best possible way of buying Diva cheaper
e-crooner wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:48 pm Buy it used on KVR. Or offer other plugins in exchange for Diva, also here on KVR.
Yes.

They do have sales. But you have to be patient.
They had it at half price with the NL sale. They had 15% coupons when you filled in a questionaire.
They just had 30% off during new year holidays (if you had a at least 1 u-he product already).

But at this time, second hand is your best bet as a new sale won't come around soon.

We have done a few more sales lately than we used to. Keeps us going while working on some long term projects.

Keeps us going as well, I would not have been able to afford Zebra without it. That is what I call win win. You might have lost one who would be able to pay the full price, but got probably more who could never afford the full price...

I hope I'll get Zebra in the future sales.

I think 90% of synthesizer buyers don't make money making their music (even pretty famous musicians), they only spend money because of passion. Of course, some of them will pay the full price sooner or later but there are different people, some of them have a good job/business but most of them have an average income which need to be managed.

So it would be more human to do sales occasionally, at least in "silent mode" for existing customers :pray:

Return to “Instruments”