UVI Falcon - hybrid instrument - version 3.01 released - rumors, ads, praise, mud wrestling and off-topic inside!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

My offer is strangely 199, not 169, and the voucher is much less. Which is a bit odd, as I own quite a number of products from them... But maybe it depends on how many products you already own from the VV3 bundle on top of what's already in VV2. Well, will contact them, anyway, and see what's going on.

The voucher is based on what you bought in total from them during the last year and the upgrade discount is based on what you own of the new bundle already.
I bought all the keysuites, the worldsuite and some falcon expansions last year, that may explain the voucher.

my offer was $49, hard to resist

rasmusklump wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 7:53 pm Of course.
In contrast to how Steinberg treats its customers I not only got a 80,00 voucher from UVI a few days ago but also can upgrade to VV3 for just 29,00
I have A LOT of UVI libraries (including VV2), as well as Falcon, but my voucher wasn't so generous. Did you bought separately some of the libraries now included in VV3 that weren't in VV2?
Fernando (FMR)

The upgrade offer from V2 of VV is $199. That's the same as V1, and only $150 less than anyone who got a free library (included in VV) and is coming at this new.

The vouchers are based on what you spent. If you're getting $80 vouchers you must've spent upwards of $500 with UVI in the past year, as it seems to be somewhere around 10% or 15% of the amount you spend(?)

The only other way to get discounts off the VV3 price would be to own some of the new libraries included.

Finally, they had VV2 on sale barely a month ago, and don't appear to offer grace periods. So anyone who bought VV2 recently got screwed if that's correct. Not cool UVI. Not cool.

fmr wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:36 am I have A LOT of UVI libraries (including VV2), as well as Falcon, but my voucher wasn't so generous. Did you bought separately some of the libraries now included in VV3 that weren't in VV2?
I think that's the case - I've VV2 as well, and separately purchased most of the synths added to VV3 (aside from JP Legacy) and my offer was $29+VAT

i upgraded cheap to string maschines2 and fx suite and bought prophet 10 cheap, so i got a discount to buy vv3 for $49

mcbpete wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:08 am
fmr wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:36 am I have A LOT of UVI libraries (including VV2), as well as Falcon, but my voucher wasn't so generous. Did you bought separately some of the libraries now included in VV3 that weren't in VV2?
I think that's the case - I've VV2 as well, and separately purchased most of the synths added to VV3 (aside from JP Legacy) and my offer was $29+VAT
yep, same here. looking forward to playing with the JP Legacy during the weekend :tu:

I upgrade to VV3 but I have asked if I can sell my licenses for the duplicates that I had bought as singles (string maschines2, beatbox2, mello etc.) I kind of like the Arturia licenser that tells you want you can and can't sell (wat was an upgrade etc)

I am hoping we will get Synth Anthology 3 soon! (I am also hoping UVI will sort out a way of updating small sample fixes witout having to download a 14Gig File!!)
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

SLiC wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:14 pm I am hoping we will get Synth Anthology 3 soon! (I am also hoping UVI will sort out a way of updating small sample fixes witout having to download a 14Gig File!!)
Yeah the .ufs format is a bit (very!) frustrating for that. Luckily I've got my work's super-speedy internet connection to grab updates during my lunch break - but when they do like a single sample tweak (changing kilobytes) or to the script (changing just bytes) but requiring anything up to a 30 gig re-download it seems like a huge waste in resources for all involved.

Wonder if the file format is encrypted so just changing bytes alters the whole file - hence why they can't do patches ?

Version 2.0.4 is online.
Official announcements should occur shortly.

Changelog:
- Fix SFZ import issue
- Better aliasing handling in wavetable oscillator
- DMG is now notarized for OSX Catalina support
- Fix possible issue when using Best interpolation mode
Olivier Tristan
Developer - UVI Team
http://www.uvi.net

Olivier do you not tried to reproduce that thing btw ?
viewtopic.php?p=7608178#p7608178

Nop but it should not be allowed as the engine do not handle feedback so the connection should not be possible by the UI
Olivier Tristan
Developer - UVI Team

@otristan
I already wrote to support (including a crash log) about Falcon 2.0.4 quitting few seconds after launching.
This is using Logic (last version) under High Sierra [10.13.6].
It may have something to see with .ufs path though.
Is there a file related specifically to that (e.g. preferences?) that I could erase to see if it helps?

I've fixed an issue and uploaded it back 5 hours ago.
Can you try to download it back ?
Olivier Tristan
Developer - UVI Team

Return to “Instruments”