VisualSwift Visual Programming for iPadOS

Modular Synth design and releases (Reaktor, SynthEdit, Tassman, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I've been creating a new Visual Programming framework for iPadOS. The latest version is build 16 and has new Audio component for creating Virtual Software Synthesizers.

Anyone interest in helping test it please go to Testing VisualSwift where you'll find a link to the latest TestFlight version of VisualSwift.

I've created a video showing how to use it: YouTube video

twitter: visual_swift

Build 19 of VisualSwift is now available on TestFlight.

YouTube Video

Wow Jorge, SM for the iPad!

I’d like to test it, but it won’t run on my iPad mini 3. It does not like my iOS 12.4.4 which is not upgradable...
But there is also a desktop version. Will this run on Mojave?

twoifbysea & Tj Shredder, yes, SM for iPadOS ( and MacOS). VisualSwift is mainly a generator of Swift/SwiftUI code, like a transpiler that goes from Visual Programming to Swift code. SwiftUI is only supported in iPadOS 13 and MacOS Catalina.

If you don't know SwiftUI, it is a quick way of describing a user interface in Swift. From my experience creating an audio app or any kind of app is mostly about the UI/UX. I intend to implement a lot of the features I've created for Synthmaker ( in a previous life ). The creation of Virtual Software Synthesizers will be a first use case for VisualSwift.

I'm sorry it doesn't support older versions of iOS/MacOS or older devices but I've only just started developing it so will need to look ahead and SwiftUI is a big advantage.

Very early adopters are welcome to become involved.

jorge wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 10:17 am twoifbysea & Tj Shredder, yes, SM for iPadOS ( and MacOS). VisualSwift is mainly a generator of Swift/SwiftUI code, like a transpiler that goes from Visual Programming to Swift code. SwiftUI is only supported in iPadOS 13 and MacOS Catalina.

If you don't know SwiftUI, it is a quick way of describing a user interface in Swift. From my experience creating an audio app or any kind of app is mostly about the UI/UX. I intend to implement a lot of the features I've created for Synthmaker ( in a previous life ). The creation of Virtual Software Synthesizers will be a first use case for VisualSwift.

I'm sorry it doesn't support older versions of iOS/MacOS or older devices but I've only just started developing it so will need to look ahead and SwiftUI is a big advantage.

Very early adopters are welcome to become involved.
If you have not already you should post that in the Audiobus forum. KVR is one of the last places for iOS goodies :)

this should be sweet as Jorge!
I'm one of the SM early adopters.
I think I will get a new Mac so I can tinker with this.

What sort of compiles can/will you support?- AU,VST3?

Cinebient wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 10:49 amIf you have not already you should post that in the Audiobus forum. KVR is one of the last places for iOS goodies :)
@Cinebient, thanks for the useful advice. At the moment I'd appreciate finding 3 or 4 very early adopters to help with testing.

nix808 wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:24 am this should be sweet as Jorge!
I'm one of the SM early adopters.
I think I will get a new Mac so I can tinker with this.

What sort of compiles can/will you support?- AU,VST3?

Hi nix808. If you get that new Mac and want to try the MacOS version of VisualSwift please get in touch with me.

Unfortunately on MacOS there isn't a way of distributing Test versions of the app equivalent to TestFlight so I'd need to add your Mac's ID to the build to allow it to run.

I've just uploaded v0.2 build 2 with new support for Faust.

I think next focus will be on AUv3 support both running as Plugin and as Host.
Last edited by jorge on Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:58 am, edited 2 times in total.

The AU support would be very nice.
It occurs to me that I have a MacBook I can run it on.
I may be in touch in the next couple of days, but definitely I will keep an interested eye on your development.

VisualSwift 0.5.4 now supports hosting AUv3 Audio Unit Extensions:

https://youtu.be/ajiwSi4xORo

VisualSwift 0.5.7 now supports hosting AUv3 Effects and Instruments with Multi-output:

https://youtu.be/AJQ51nAiyh4

Return to “Modular Synthesis”