New Pigments 2 Thread (On Topic Discussion Only, Please)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Palette for Arturia Pigments 2 Pigments 5

BONES wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:35 am One standout feature of Pigments that hasn't really been mentioned is the undo system. Not
yes, history is a great feature

misterpatrick wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:41 pm I'm on OSX and when I try to import .wav or samples from say Iris, Alchemy or Kontakt it
when you use the sample load filebrowser from within pigments
there are 2 differenticons:
the folder icon, which lets you select folders, but show you greyedout files (even wav)
and the wave icon (besides the foldericon)
this lets you import individual waves and at least the .wav files are not greyedout

maybe you have accidentally clicked the foldericon?

still, from what i can see, no joy regarding aiff
and the manual is dead silent when it comes to samplefileimport

edouard? are you listening ?
:-)

well, from what i can see, it seems to accept wav in all samplerates/bitdepths
44/48/96 16/24

further on:
no splitstereo sounddesigner format
no sounddesigner format

would be nice if we could have this info in the manual (without guessing and playing sherlock holmes)

anyway:
wav works fine with drag&drop
or whole folders via the import procedure

Fingers crossed the Matrix filter clicking gets fixed, because I'll go against the grain of the thread and say it's my favourite filter in this thing by a mile. None of the others really respond to input volume quite like it. There is IMO plenty resonance when you underdrive it a touch, but I think it sounds most interesting when fed at 0dB input gain anyway. With res maxed and 0db input gain, sweeping cutoff has a rippling quality to it that I'm kind of addicted to. As if there's a messed up allpass filter mangling the resonance peak. Admittedly its more of a special effect character filter than a bread and butter filter, but damn it sounds good in that spot! Bags of character.

As I said in the other thread, you can fix it by increasing the release time of the VCA envelope. It won't affect the character of what you are doing with the filter but it will stop the clicking.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

misterpatrick wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:41 pm I have a really stupid Pigments 2 question - what format do samples need to be in for import? I'm on OSX and when I try to import .wav or samples from say Iris, Alchemy or Kontakt it doesn't show them. Manual doesn't specify format. I was thinking because I was using the demo that might be the issue but now that I've purchased still a problem. I've been making do with included samples but would love to figure out how to get my own samples in there. Thanks!
.WAV import works without a problem on Windows. How are you trying to import them? Try dragging and dropping the samples from your file explorer to pigments.

cron wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:13 am Fingers crossed the Matrix filter clicking gets fixed, because I'll go against the grain of the thread and say it's my favourite filter in this thing by a mile. None of the others really respond to input volume quite like it. There is IMO plenty resonance when you underdrive it a touch, but I think it sounds most interesting when fed at 0dB input gain anyway. With res maxed and 0db input gain, sweeping cutoff has a rippling quality to it that I'm kind of addicted to. As if there's a messed up allpass filter mangling the resonance peak. Admittedly its more of a special effect character filter than a bread and butter filter, but damn it sounds good in that spot! Bags of character.
i've been faffing about w/ the low pass gate , coupled w/ the wavefolder ...
some grit therein ...

Igro wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 5:12 am
BONES wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:56 am As I said in the other thread, you can fix it by increasing the release time of the VCA envelope. It won't affect the character of what you are doing with the filter but it will stop the clicking.
Increasing the attack time DOES affect the character, fanboy. It makes attack slower. Always say "in my opinion". And what's wrong with your ears?
Unbelievable. You are saying so, that if you were againts bug fixing. Pathetic.

Btw, Matrix filter is my favourite as well. Bones said it is shite, so now everybody must believe him (he thinks).
Release time. Usually just a nudge, and that doesn’t affect the sound character noticeably the way attack time would. I’ve had this issue with other synths but don’t recall which; ironically I’m wondering if it was my Matrix 6 - long time ago, that was!

Hi,

We're planning on releasing an update in the upcoming weeks, in order to fix some issues that we found since the release (thanks to you) and to take a selection of feature requests into account. Just so you know, the majority of these updates were picked through our bug tracker, so yes it's worth logging what's bothering you :)

Just a quick note on three issues that were recently discussed in this thread:

1. Regarding the Matrix filter
The audio clicks that you hear are actually produced by the combination of two things:
- Envelopes with an attack time that is too short (that's normal and it still can be heard even if you bypass the filters)
- An issue with the initial state of this specific filter. This will be fixed in the next update.

2. Leaking envelopes
When a volume knob (in the oscs or the filter section) is set to its minimum value, it's supposed to be internally set to -inf dB EXCEPT if there is a modulation assigned to this control (to avoid discontinuities during the modulation). This is why when an envelope is assigned to a volume control, the actual volume after the release phase is set to -70dB, not -inf dB. And this is why some of you thought it was related to leaking envelopes. We will take your feedback into account and fix this in the next update as well.

3. Sample formats
Currently, I confirm that only .wav files can be imported as samples in the Sample Engine.

Best,
Sam

:tu: :hug:
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

SamArturia wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 5:02 pm Hi,

We're planning on releasing an update in the upcoming weeks, in order to fix some issues that we found since the release (thanks to you) and to take a selection of feature requests into account. Just so you know, the majority of these updates were picked through our bug tracker, so yes it's worth logging what's bothering you :)

Just a quick note on three issues that were recently discussed in this thread:

1. Regarding the Matrix filter
The audio clicks that you hear are actually produced by the combination of two things:
- Envelopes with an attack time that is too short (that's normal and it still can be heard even if you bypass the filters)
- An issue with the initial state of this specific filter. This will be fixed in the next update.

2. Leaking envelopes
When a volume knob (in the oscs or the filter section) is set to its minimum value, it's supposed to be internally set to -inf dB EXCEPT if there is a modulation assigned to this control (to avoid discontinuities during the modulation). This is why when an envelope is assigned to a volume control, the actual volume after the release phase is set to -70dB, not -inf dB. And this is why some of you thought it was related to leaking envelopes. We will take your feedback into account and fix this in the next update as well.

3. Sample formats
Currently, I confirm that only .wav files can be imported as samples in the Sample Engine.

Best,
Sam
Also with the microtuning. It seems that tunings which have more than 12 semitones in a scale don't work. Thanks a lot of taking notice!

Also, is a wavetable editor in the roadmap?

thanks!

SamArturia wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 5:02 pm 3. Sample formats

Best,
Sam
Hope that changes, makes for extra steps for those of use who never pay attention to whether a file is .wav or .aiff etc.

Then maybe you need to start paying attention? It's always been .wav or nothing for me.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

Return to “Instruments”