Unify by PluginGuru; The next big thing?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Unify (Standard Edition)

SciFiArtMan wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 9:42 pm So there is no way to set-up Unify to have auto LFO fade-in?

Will this option be added in the future?

This is the type of plugin (pad oriented) that would best benefit from this effect, IMO.
This is on the to-do list for Unify, but not available in v1.0.

Does Unify auto scan if you add new plugins or do you have to manually rescan?

Anyone know of a stack I could build in Unify that would be similar to Output Arcade?

getdunne wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 9:54 pm
SciFiArtMan wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 9:42 pm So there is no way to set-up Unify to have auto LFO fade-in?

This is the type of plugin (pad oriented) that would best benefit from this effect, IMO.
This is on the to-do list for Unify, but not available in v1.0.
Wonderful! I'll look forward to it!

And I should have been more specific - I was really thinking of the Guru Sample Player in particular.

Of course, an LFO Delay + Attack (& Decay?) would be optimum! :)
Last edited by SciFiArtMan on Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.

simmo75 wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 10:04 pm Does Unify auto scan if you add new plugins or do you have to manually rescan?
The scanner sucks, Just drag and drop any plugins onto the scanner it's way easier

No retrigger on the sample player lfo either

A few feature requests :
- Bypass/solo buttons on the plug-in windows (opened vsti's often are in the way of the bypass/solo buttons on the strips).
- Remember last choice with the browser (it resets to all collections every time).
- Right-click options menu functioning on the whole strip, not just at the small circle.
- Again ; would be nice if it could remember windows lay-out of opened plug-ins.
- Ability to read vst3 presets of used plug-ins.

And i really hope for a solution for the latency issues.

But in the meanwhile i'm really enjoying making sounds with it. It's a shame not all of my plug-ins can be used (latency or not working) but enough options left to make pretty awesome sounds with it. Working with it is pretty straight forward and the lay-out is perfect.

The built-in sampler is pretty simple but very useful, good choice of basic samples and fast and easy to work with. When i need more i just replace it for Kontakt. Unfortunately Falcon crashes here (in daw, in standalone it works fine).

But again, having lots of fun with it. Awesome tool and clearly made by ppl who love designing sounds. Highly recommended, if not for the included sounds then to breath new life in your old synths. Looking forward to updates.
Last edited by dionenoid on Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
More BPM please

---

simmo75 wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 5:33 pm Thanks for getting it Catalina compatible so quickly. Great work!
Sorry to question this statement but has Catalina compatibility been fixed? I've been unable to find any other information on this.

stephc wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:17 pm
simmo75 wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 5:33 pm Thanks for getting it Catalina compatible so quickly. Great work!
Sorry to question this statement but has Catalina compatibility been fixed? I've been unable to find any other information on this.
The newest Unify installer for Mac is notarized, and hence works on Catalina, but is not yet perfect:
  • It's necessary to manually remove the app and plug-ins before re-installing.
  • The AU and VST3 plug-ins are installed, but the VST is not.
I will be working on all of these issues after I get back from NAMM.
-shane

getdunne wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 3:11 pm
stephc wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:17 pm
The newest Unify installer for Mac is notarized, and hence works on Catalina, but is not yet perfect:
  • It's necessary to manually remove the app and plug-ins before re-installing.
  • The AU and VST3 plug-ins are installed, but the VST is not.
I will be working on all of these issues after I get back from NAMM.
-shane

Brilliant, just about to purchase. Cheers.

Synths and Effects that Come with UNIFY:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hDWYVrtjoA

This looks fantastic and I'm almost certain I need to get this for the patches alone... but I think I'm not the only one holding out until there's a demo version available to just get a feel for it before I make a purchase. Scrolling through a few presets and play around with the layering for half an hour would probably be enough for me. I really hope you'll get the demo version ready before you raise the price!

It looks interesting.

I love the idea of unify, and plan on one day using it live to replace my Kore 2 live setup. I'm slow to change, but ultimately this should be the program to do it.
One thing I'll need is it to support drag n drop, I use the mpc software for my live setup. Currently, it's not able to drag wave files onto the mpc software pads.

Wishlist: I'd like to see an option for the text on the browser to be smaller, or more of an extensive improved browser for our multis we save.

Also the ability to actually stack our multis together, should be possible. I'm not a fan of any sort of drop down menus, I think it should be possible to drag n drop everything.

Keep up the great work guys!!!
INTERFACE: RME ADI-2/4 Pro/Antelope Orion Studio Synergy Core/BAE 1073 MPF Dual/Heritage Audio Successor+SYMPH EQ
SYNTHS: Korg Kronos X 88/Yamaha Montage M8x/Sequential Trigon 6/
Behringer DM12D/Pro-800

Return to “Instruments”