PLASMONIC - A new synth from Brian Clevinger

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Absynth Plasmonic

Strange that he didn´t implement a single randomization feature, at least I couldn´t read anything about it in the specs.
The sound randomization, mutation and preset morphing was what made Absynth so unique.

89€ seems to be a fair price for what it offers.
Innovation should be honoured.

I pre-ordered. Looking forward. So excited

Sounds great, and I love the UI. Let's move on from retro knobs and skeuomorphism.

So- only 4 backers so far? I am not sure 'Indiegogo' is the way to go, I am reluctant to sign up to these things but if it was just a PayPal preorder on the web site I may be more tempted (but only if I got Beat access)....I will own this I suspect as I am a fan of this type of sound and MPE, but personally am also quite happy to just pay the extra 33% when its launched after demoing if there is no Beat access!
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

I'm on board, I can't wait for release!
Synth Presets and Music
https://linktr.ee/BoBSwanS

I am #1. Adrenalin pumping my venes

enCiphered wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:34 pm Strange that he didn´t implement a single randomization feature, at least I couldn´t read anything about it in the specs.
The sound randomization, mutation and preset morphing was what made Absynth so unique.
I hope he implements it.

https://rhizomatic.xyz/

Fantastic !

I have a little question, not at all related to the synth itself.

What is the exact model of the MPE controller he uses at 2:30 in the video ?
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

I love the lineup of AAS... but I guess that this awesome new synth will rebeat the cards. Especially considering the price of AAS' synths.
Last edited by BlackWinny on Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.

It's a Keith McMillen (KMI) QuNexus.
https://www.keithmcmillen.com/products/qunexus/
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

Spitfire31 wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:14 pm It's a Keith McMillen (KMI) QuNexus.
https://www.keithmcmillen.com/products/qunexus/
Great ! Thanks a lot ! It's gonna be my very first purchase of the year !
:hug:

^^^
Also check out the Sensel Morph
https://sensel.com/

I´m between excited and "is that really something new?". I like the sounds i hear in the short demos and also like the simple GUI (which might also not final yet) but then i have Sculpture, Chromaphone, Prism, Zebra and modulars where i can use waveguides, resonators and whatever and a 100 filters in any combination with MPE etc.
I´m always excited about physical modeling things but maybe i try to calm down and see if this is something special. However, interest is there. Never was a fan of Absynth because of the GUI but this might be better.
I also wished they would not play so bad vibrato examples with MPE controllers. Mostly it sounds really fake and over the top.

Cinebient wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:40 pm I´m between excited and "is that really something new?". I like the sounds i hear in the short demos and also like the simple GUI (which might also not final yet) but then i have Sculpture, Chromaphone, Prism, Zebra and modulars where i can use waveguides, resonators and whatever and a 100 filters in any combination with MPE etc.
I´m always excited about physical modeling things but maybe i try to calm down and see if this is something special. However, interest is there. Never was a fan of Absynth because of the GUI but this might be better.
I also wished they would not play so bad vibrato examples with MPE controllers. Mostly it sounds really fake and over the top.
I didn’t want to spoil the soup (since Brian Clevinger seems to be perceived as a god by lot of people here because of Absynth) but I totally agree and I’m on your side here. I feel this synth could have been a revolution… In 2006. Added to your already impressive list of tools available, let’s not forget Kaivo from Madrona Labs, probably the king of physical modeling synthesis. Too early anyway to be sure about anything, but competition is very fierce and I still can’t hear anything stunning or otherworldly unique in that video demo.

Return to “Instruments”