Audiority L12X updated to v1.3.1 - Solid State Amplifier - FREE Standalone/VST2/VST3/AU/AAX/CLAP

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

We are happy to introduce to you our newest effect plugin: L12X Solid State Amplfier

L12X is an analog simulation inspired by the Marshall® Lead 12™ solid state amplifier of the late ‘80s.

The original head was an op-amp based amplifier: instead of using tubes or transistors, the op-amp is able to provide a huge amount of gain with very little or no distortion. However, when the amplified signal reaches the voltage applied to power the op-amp, it gets clipped. Marshall engineers exploited that to provide a great sounding amplifier with very few components.

This little solid state head is able to push cabinets up to 4×12 and can easily sound like a JCM™. We modified the original circuit by adding a Contour knob (to get a more scooped tone) and an additional Boost overdrive stage. We also included an integrated Cab Simulator, loaded with a Marshall cabinet IR featuring Celestion V30 cones.

Integrated cabinet provided by Seacow Cabs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNYFdUM0O4c

Specifications
  • 3x Analog Modeled Amplifiers
  • Solid State Amplifier: Standard
  • Tube Amplifiers: Clean & Metal
  • 2 Channels (Clean/Boost)
  • 3 bands tone stack
  • Contour
  • Integrated Cabinet Simulator
  • Resizable interface
  • No License File required
  • Standalone
  • VST2, VST3, AU, AAX & CLAP (64bit only)
  • Mac and Windows

Price: FREE
Read more: https://www.audiority.com/shop/l12x-solid-state-amplifier/

A personal note
I started working on this little amp while studying the properties of operational amplifiers. It's fantastic how this head exploits the opamp's clipping when you drive the signal above their max voltage. What you hear, until you engage Boost Mod, is just the opamp gain stages. Once you trigger Boost Mod, you'll get a warm overdrive made with two series of antiparallel diodes. Enjoy!

Cheers,
Luca
Last edited by Audiority on Fri Nov 11, 2022 2:39 pm, edited 8 times in total.

Thanks for the freebie, looking forward to hearing it in action!
A well-behaved signature.

Thanks Luca. :clap:

'Bought' it and will try it this weekend. 8)

Thanks for this gift. Sounds great! The contour knob adds some nice flexibility, and the boost mod rips. Love it as a platform for your distortion pedals with the gain dropped - they sound amazing through it.

Does it have an oversapling control? If not, how much does it use?

Also, which Seacow IRs does this amp use?

Thank you so much Audiority!

Nice job on this and thanks for it being free. Super easy to dial in a great tone. The gain sound is especially a treat. And it doesn't sound modern metally!!!!

No 32bit version?
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Halonmusic wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:52 pm No 32bit version?
https://www.audiority.com/faq/#15169819 ... 6f0ae-844b
PLEASE NOTE: starting from 2019, we will cease to develop 32bit versions of our plugins, including updates.
Not being able to use PlexiTape and T7E mkII on my Win 7 32 bit music PC played a big role in making me decide to go for Win 7 64 bit after all.

Thanks for the freeware Luca, this sounds great!

Classic Marshall solid-state, yet very much in the JCM tone territory too. My first Marshall amp was a 5210 solid-state from the same era.

Thanks Luca - appreciate your generosity!

:tu:

Finally someone put out a real amp! This thing is incredible! I bought too many then Luca comes along and bam! Free, it's finally a great rock n roll amp. Hats off to you sir. Nothing to see here. Move along

Lotuz2019 wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:59 pm
Halonmusic wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:52 pm No 32bit version?
https://www.audiority.com/faq/#15169819 ... 6f0ae-844b
PLEASE NOTE: starting from 2019, we will cease to develop 32bit versions of our plugins, including updates.
Not being able to use PlexiTape and T7E mkII on my Win 7 32 bit music PC played a big role in making me decide to go for Win 7 64 bit after all.
Ok thanks. Im not in a rush to update my os anytime soon though.
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Return to “Effects”