New reverb from I.K

VST, AU, etc. plug-in Virtual Effects discussion
User avatar
an-electric-heart
KVRAF
2014 posts since 13 Jun, 2008 from Napier,New Zealand

Post Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:31 am

Thought I'd start a thread... because no one else has. I've been expecting this for some time, CSR is pretty dated. Looks like the first in a series.

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/trsunsetsound/

jamcat
KVRist
46 posts since 2 Sep, 2019

Re: New reverb from I.K

Post Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:28 am

This is just convolution based. They're touting an all-new convolution engine, but it remains to be seen if it brings anything truly new to static convolution, or if it's just new to IK.

I would have been more pleased if they introduced some useable reverbs to the effects rack in Amplitube for once.

User avatar
Burillo
KVRAF
3782 posts since 15 Nov, 2006 from Hell

Re: New reverb from I.K

Post Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:00 pm

So it's $249 for a bunch of impulses? no thanks.
From Russia with love
Our online jams (if you speak Russian - you're welcome to join!)

User avatar
plexuss
KVRAF
3610 posts since 8 Jul, 2009

Re: New reverb from I.K

Post Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:41 pm

I wonder if they are using the same tech as in thier tape products? That might be interesting. I guess I'll RTFM and see... the reverb market is pretty saturated but there is always room for innovative new ideas.

User avatar
DJErmac
KVRian
954 posts since 25 Apr, 2009 from France

Re: New reverb from I.K

Post Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:47 pm

I've been struggling to authorize their plugins and everytime I open one, I get a message saying it's not authorized. Until I see people saying it's been fixed, I'll get nothing from them again.

User avatar
vurt
addled muppet weed
59231 posts since 26 Jan, 2003 from through the looking glass

Re: New reverb from I.K

Post Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:49 pm

Burillo wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:00 pm
So it's $249 for a bunch of impulses? no thanks.
:o

User avatar
Burillo
KVRAF
3782 posts since 15 Nov, 2006 from Hell

Re: New reverb from I.K

Post Fri Jan 17, 2020 1:02 pm

DJErmac wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:47 pm
I've been struggling to authorize their plugins and everytime I open one, I get a message saying it's not authorized. Until I see people saying it's been fixed, I'll get nothing from them again.
it may be that, like me, you're running a non-privileged user account, and have a separate admin account on your machine. their stupid system doesn't support it. i constantly have to muck around with registry editor to export authorization from the admin account and import it into my user account.
From Russia with love
Our online jams (if you speak Russian - you're welcome to join!)

User avatar
Burillo
KVRAF
3782 posts since 15 Nov, 2006 from Hell

Re: New reverb from I.K

Post Fri Jan 17, 2020 1:11 pm

vurt wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:49 pm
Burillo wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:00 pm
So it's $249 for a bunch of impulses? no thanks.
:o
well, technically it's $149 intro, and will probably be on a $49 sale by Christmas, but still, point stands :)
From Russia with love
Our online jams (if you speak Russian - you're welcome to join!)

User avatar
DJErmac
KVRian
954 posts since 25 Apr, 2009 from France

Re: New reverb from I.K

Post Fri Jan 17, 2020 1:25 pm

Burillo wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 1:02 pm
DJErmac wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:47 pm
I've been struggling to authorize their plugins and everytime I open one, I get a message saying it's not authorized. Until I see people saying it's been fixed, I'll get nothing from them again.
it may be that, like me, you're running a non-privileged user account, and have a separate admin account on your machine. their stupid system doesn't support it. i constantly have to muck around with registry editor to export authorization from the admin account and import it into my user account.
Thanks a lot for the suggestion, but no, my account is the main admin account.
Everything seemed to be fine until I purchased a lot of plugins during their 2018 summer group buy. Since then, everytime I open a plugin, it says it's unregistered, I need to re-open the IKM licence manager (don't remember the exact name, I've given up on it), and re-authorize it. :ud:

WasteLand
KVRist
442 posts since 8 Jun, 2018

Re: New reverb from I.K

Post Fri Jan 17, 2020 1:53 pm

i like the IKM stuff, the csr reverbs seems to me not outdated, on the contrary, the amount of control over the reverb is extensive. and the sound...

IR reverbs, it seems that all of them mostly depend on IR responses, for quality. of course you can add algorythms, but i do not see how this IR reverb stands out. but i judge before listening.
win 10 pro (1909); cubase 10.5.10 pro, live 10 suite (+push 2), reaper, arturia V collection 6, reason 10, maschine (mk3+jam), korg collection, komplete 11 ultimate, softube modular, VM and many more..
https://soundcloud.com/sada-exposada

User avatar
Bombadil
KVRAF
5223 posts since 31 Aug, 2013 from Far From the Twisted Reach of Crazy Sorrow

Re: New reverb from I.K

Post Sat Jan 18, 2020 4:03 am

Noticed. Like I need more convo reverb. Another IK product I'll give a miss on.
“And in the End, the Love you take, is equal to the Love...you make”
The Beatles

Elektronisch
KVRAF
3864 posts since 3 Feb, 2010

Re: New reverb from I.K

Post Sat Jan 18, 2020 4:29 am

Its nice to see a reverb from IK, but Im not gonna get anything from IK Multimedia anymore untill they fix Classic Clipper and other things. As a matter of fact I really dont like IK model: pump out new products and forget the old ones with serious bugs. Which is kinda sad, because alot of their products are actually good, but alot of times using them feels like products are in beta stage, still has some quirk in it.

I know their support is nice and polite, but when it comes to get things done aka actually working, IK is quite a dissapointment i got used to.

Also why IK doesnt add mp3 export to T-racks is something that still puzzles me.

acousticglue
KVRian
850 posts since 27 May, 2008

Re: New reverb from I.K

Post Sat Jan 18, 2020 5:22 am

I actually use IK reverbs a lot esp plate, if they were good they are still good.

Amelia70
KVRist
102 posts since 26 Nov, 2016

Re: New reverb from I.K

Post Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:00 pm

Elektronisch wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 4:29 am
Its nice to see a reverb from IK, but Im not gonna get anything from IK Multimedia anymore untill they fix Classic Clipper and other things. As a matter of fact I really dont like IK model: pump out new products and forget the old ones with serious bugs. Which is kinda sad, because alot of their products are actually good, but alot of times using them feels like products are in beta stage, still has some quirk in it.

I know their support is nice and polite, but when it comes to get things done aka actually working, IK is quite a dissapointment i got used to.

Also why IK doesnt add mp3 export to T-racks is something that still puzzles me.
Hi, I am planning to buy a clipper plugin and have a few on the shortlist. Can you kindly explain what is "wrong" with the IK classic clipper? I would really appreciate it.
Windows 10 Pro|Intel 9960X @ 4.4 GHZ|128GB Corsair|16TB SSD|AMD 5700XT|Gigabyte Designare|Avid HDX x2|Antelope Orion 32HD x2|Pro Tools 2019.12

WasteLand
KVRist
442 posts since 8 Jun, 2018

Re: New reverb from I.K

Post Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:10 pm

DJErmac wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 1:25 pm
Burillo wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 1:02 pm
DJErmac wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:47 pm
I've been struggling to authorize their plugins and everytime I open one, I get a message saying it's not authorized. Until I see people saying it's been fixed, I'll get nothing from them again.
it may be that, like me, you're running a non-privileged user account, and have a separate admin account on your machine. their stupid system doesn't support it. i constantly have to muck around with registry editor to export authorization from the admin account and import it into my user account.
Thanks a lot for the suggestion, but no, my account is the main admin account.
Everything seemed to be fine until I purchased a lot of plugins during their 2018 summer group buy. Since then, everytime I open a plugin, it says it's unregistered, I need to re-open the IKM licence manager (don't remember the exact name, I've given up on it), and re-authorize it. :ud:
use the custom shop program

restore my gear

it authorizes everything for ikm, and your number of activations stay the same....

the csr reverbs are far from outdated. and under the hood, mainly oversampling is better in 5. but there still great reverbs. and i have a lot of reverbs...
win 10 pro (1909); cubase 10.5.10 pro, live 10 suite (+push 2), reaper, arturia V collection 6, reason 10, maschine (mk3+jam), korg collection, komplete 11 ultimate, softube modular, VM and many more..
https://soundcloud.com/sada-exposada

Return to “Effects”