New reverb from I.K

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Thought I'd start a thread... because no one else has. I've been expecting this for some time, CSR is pretty dated. Looks like the first in a series.

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/trsunsetsound/

This is just convolution based. They're touting an all-new convolution engine, but it remains to be seen if it brings anything truly new to static convolution, or if it's just new to IK.

I would have been more pleased if they introduced some useable reverbs to the effects rack in Amplitube for once.
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

So it's $249 for a bunch of impulses? no thanks.
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

I wonder if they are using the same tech as in thier tape products? That might be interesting. I guess I'll RTFM and see... the reverb market is pretty saturated but there is always room for innovative new ideas.

I've been struggling to authorize their plugins and everytime I open one, I get a message saying it's not authorized. Until I see people saying it's been fixed, I'll get nothing from them again.
Please don’t read the above post. It’s a stupid one. Simply pass.

Burillo wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:00 pm So it's $249 for a bunch of impulses? no thanks.
:o

DJErmac wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:47 pm I've been struggling to authorize their plugins and everytime I open one, I get a message saying it's not authorized. Until I see people saying it's been fixed, I'll get nothing from them again.
it may be that, like me, you're running a non-privileged user account, and have a separate admin account on your machine. their stupid system doesn't support it. i constantly have to muck around with registry editor to export authorization from the admin account and import it into my user account.
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

vurt wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:49 pm
Burillo wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:00 pm So it's $249 for a bunch of impulses? no thanks.
:o
well, technically it's $149 intro, and will probably be on a $49 sale by Christmas, but still, point stands :)

Burillo wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:02 pm
DJErmac wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:47 pm I've been struggling to authorize their plugins and everytime I open one, I get a message saying it's not authorized. Until I see people saying it's been fixed, I'll get nothing from them again.
it may be that, like me, you're running a non-privileged user account, and have a separate admin account on your machine. their stupid system doesn't support it. i constantly have to muck around with registry editor to export authorization from the admin account and import it into my user account.
Thanks a lot for the suggestion, but no, my account is the main admin account.
Everything seemed to be fine until I purchased a lot of plugins during their 2018 summer group buy. Since then, everytime I open a plugin, it says it's unregistered, I need to re-open the IKM licence manager (don't remember the exact name, I've given up on it), and re-authorize it. :ud:
Please don’t read the above post. It’s a stupid one. Simply pass.

i like the IKM stuff, the csr reverbs seems to me not outdated, on the contrary, the amount of control over the reverb is extensive. and the sound...

IR reverbs, it seems that all of them mostly depend on IR responses, for quality. of course you can add algorythms, but i do not see how this IR reverb stands out. but i judge before listening.

Noticed. Like I need more convo reverb. Another IK product I'll give a miss on.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Its nice to see a reverb from IK, but Im not gonna get anything from IK Multimedia anymore untill they fix Classic Clipper and other things. As a matter of fact I really dont like IK model: pump out new products and forget the old ones with serious bugs. Which is kinda sad, because alot of their products are actually good, but alot of times using them feels like products are in beta stage, still has some quirk in it.

I know their support is nice and polite, but when it comes to get things done aka actually working, IK is quite a dissapointment i got used to.

Also why IK doesnt add mp3 export to T-racks is something that still puzzles me.

I actually use IK reverbs a lot esp plate, if they were good they are still good.

Elektronisch wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 12:29 pm Its nice to see a reverb from IK, but Im not gonna get anything from IK Multimedia anymore untill they fix Classic Clipper and other things. As a matter of fact I really dont like IK model: pump out new products and forget the old ones with serious bugs. Which is kinda sad, because alot of their products are actually good, but alot of times using them feels like products are in beta stage, still has some quirk in it.

I know their support is nice and polite, but when it comes to get things done aka actually working, IK is quite a dissapointment i got used to.

Also why IK doesnt add mp3 export to T-racks is something that still puzzles me.
Hi, I am planning to buy a clipper plugin and have a few on the shortlist. Can you kindly explain what is "wrong" with the IK classic clipper? I would really appreciate it.
Windows 10 Pro|Intel 9960X @ 4.4 GHZ|128GB Corsair|16TB SSD|AMD 5700XT|Gigabyte Designare|Avid HDX x2|Antelope Orion 32HD x2|Pro Tools 2019.12

DJErmac wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:25 pm
Burillo wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:02 pm
Thanks a lot for the suggestion, but no, my account is the main admin account.
Everything seemed to be fine until I purchased a lot of plugins during their 2018 summer group buy. Since then, everytime I open a plugin, it says it's unregistered, I need to re-open the IKM licence manager (don't remember the exact name, I've given up on it), and re-authorize it. :ud:
use the custom shop program

restore my gear

it authorizes everything for ikm, and your number of activations stay the same....

the csr reverbs are far from outdated. and under the hood, mainly oversampling is better in 5. but there still great reverbs. and i have a lot of reverbs...

Return to “Effects”