Wusik round of bug-fixes for all products

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
WilliamK
Banned
5103 posts since 12 Jun, 2001 from Wusik Dot Com

Post Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:09 am

I'm releasing a big update for the following products: Wusik Station V9, Wusik 8008, Wusik EVE V5, Wusik One and Wusik ZR. Below is a list of changes and what's the new version number. This is a Release Candidate, as I'm still waiting for some users to test this out before I can officially release it. Some changes were done to all products as they use some base code that shares the same files. On OSX the Wusik Engine Data folder had some changes, so be sure to read the TXT file that is included with the new update. Or you can download again the Sound Collection and it will be in the correct format for OSX.

To download the updates use the Download URL you received with your order.

PS: I'm making a page with a list of all SoundSets so you can check if your setup is missing something and download just the missing sounds.

---------------------------

Wusik Station - V9.3.8

- New Anti Protection Crash (ACP) code. The plugin will now run on an external process and will auto-reload if it crashes, without harming the host/daw. It should also retain the latest changes done to the preset.
- Multi Instance Presets now are saved in the Host/DAW project file correctly.
- Added double-click on parameters to edit manually by typying the value.
- Added the option of clicking on a parameter and using the keyboard keys - and + (or up/down cursor keys) to change the value. Holding shift is fine-tune and ctrl is max or min. The key 0 centers the value.
- Improved the Effects version (fixed some problems).
- Added to the Plugin's Manager: Reveal File.
- Fixed a problem with the bridger GUI height.
- Better 32 to 64 bits bridger, using the same code as Wusik X42. That includes the option to over-sample bridged plugins. Better presets menu with next and previous selectors plus FXB/FXP exporting options.
- Updated the Plugin's Scanner: added isInstrument option to each plugin.
- Fixed a crash in the Plugin's Scanner, when selecting bad plugins and using the show/hide options.

For ALL Products: The new ACP code creates an external process where the actual synth resides. The original App/Plugin talks to this external process and if it crashes, you still get to recover anything lost. This is all done automatically. Every 12 seconds a snapshot of the preset is taken and is stored in a slot of 4 presets. If the external process crashes, it restores the last preset. If it crashes right away it tries the previous preset. Until it no longer crashes. The only drawback of this system is that the actual GUI/Interface/Editor resides in the external process. You will notice this if you minimize the DAW/Host. You will see that the external process window is still there. So you need to close the editor from the DAW/Host before minimizing. In the future I may improve that. Also, when the external process crashes, there will be a delay where the code detects that and creates a new process and resumes operation. On Windows, when the external interface is on the background, the code will take a screenshot of that window every 2 seconds. So when you move the window around you still see the interface. To move the window to the top just move the mouse over the interface and it will bring that window to the top and continue showing correctly. On OSX the external window is always on top.

Wusik 8008 - V1.3.4

- New Anti Protection Crash (ACP) code. The plugin will now run on an external process and will auto-reload if it crashes, without harming the host/daw. It should also retain the latest changes done to the preset.
- Added the option of clicking on a parameter and using the keyboard keys - and + (or up/down cursor keys) to change the value. Holding shift is fine-tune and ctrl is max or min. The key 0 centers the value.
- Better 32 to 64 bits bridger, using the same code as Wusik X42. That includes the option to over-sample bridged plugins. Better presets menu with next and previous selectors plus FXB/FXP exporting options.
- Fixed a crash in the Plugin's Scanner, when selecting bad plugins and using the show/hide options.

Wusik EVE - V5.3.4

Wusik One - V1.3.4

- Fixed a problem with the interface size been wrong and hiding some parameters.

Wusik ZR - V1.0.4

- Fixed a problem with the internal VST Effects not loading correctly on OSX.

WilliamK
Banned

Re: Wusik round of bug-fixes for all products

Post Sat Jan 11, 2020 12:11 pm

Updated all OSX files. The interface was frozen. Now it works correctly. :dog:

WilliamK
Banned

Post Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:49 am

I just uploaded new files for Windows for Wusik Station V9, Wusik 8008, Wusik EVE V5, Wusik ZR and Wusik One.

raiderpdog
KVRian
602 posts since 26 Jul, 2018

Post Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:24 am

awesome, thanks. Been very hectic with work, but once I get a chance to catch my breath, will download them all and dig in.

WilliamK
Banned

Post Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:33 am

Uploaded new pre-release files for Wusik Station V9, Wusik 8008, Wusik ZR, Wusik EVE V5 and Wusik One. Windows and OSX files ready to download. Fixed some problems with the ACP code and the Multi-Preset/Layer code. Let me know if anyone finds any problem.

Cheers, WilliamK

exponent1
KVRist
371 posts since 10 Nov, 2018 from India

Post Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:11 pm

WilliamK wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:33 am
Uploaded new pre-release files for Wusik Station V9, Wusik 8008, Wusik ZR, Wusik EVE V5 and Wusik One. Windows and OSX files ready to download. Fixed some problems with the ACP code and the Multi-Preset/Layer code. Let me know if anyone finds any problem.

Cheers, WilliamK
Sorry for a naive question: I have never downloaded an update before, so do we only download the installers or do we have to also re-download the data file? Also will the installer replace the old files and correctly locate the data content?

WilliamK
Banned

Post Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:21 pm

You download the engine files only.

WilliamK
Banned

Post Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:48 am

Just uploaded Windows and OSX new test files for Wusik Station V9, Wusik 8008, Wusik ZR, Wusik EVE V5 and Wusik One. Fixed some problems with the interface, especially on OSX.

Cheers, WilliamK

WilliamK
Banned

Post Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:34 pm

Uploaded new files for Windows and OSX versions of: Wusik Station V9, Wusik 8008, Wusik EVE V5, Wusik ZR and Wusik One.

Fixed some interface problems, especially on Windows. The demonstration version also recovers any preset from a crash but still won't save any preset information on the host project file or allow to export of preset files.

On Windows, improved the external process window display. It will now hide when you minimize the main window. :-)

Some other small internal changes. Also added a check for the version of the external process file.

I'm really close to an official release for this versions. Just wanted to know more from users what they are experiencing with this. :-)

Cheers, WilliamK

dover666
KVRAF
3926 posts since 23 Oct, 2005 from vassalboro, maine

Post Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:07 pm

After updating, i'm experiencing several issues. I'm going to do a purge, and then after reinstallation, i'm wondering where do I send the crash reports? What information would be most helpful? I use FL Studio, and can check it in other hosts but I don't have them installed.

WilliamK
Banned

Post Fri Jan 17, 2020 1:53 pm

Just uploaded new files for the new code that I'm working (anti crash protection and other things) for Windows and OSX. The following products: Wusik Station V9, Wusik EVE V5, Wusik ZR, Wusik One and Wusik 8008.

Please, could you guys test it out and let me know of any problems?

Cheers, WilliamK

WilliamK
Banned

Post Fri Jan 17, 2020 1:54 pm

dover666 wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:07 pm
After updating, i'm experiencing several issues. I'm going to do a purge, and then after reinstallation, i'm wondering where do I send the crash reports? What information would be most helpful? I use FL Studio, and can check it in other hosts but I don't have them installed.
I fixed a heck lot of stuff today, so, please, try out the new files I just uploaded. :hug:

Cheers, WilliamK

WilliamK
Banned

Post Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:11 am

Another set of pre-release files uploaded. Seems to be very stable now. Fixed the problems with Multi-Instance/Preset and also added a new feature below. For all products, Windows and OSX. I just need to finish Wusik ZR with that new feature too.

- Added MIDI CC Buttons to current focus button/parameter data +/- and also preset +/-. So when you click on a button/parameter, you can use a MIDI CC Button to change the value up and down. By default the following MIDI CCs are used: Data+ CC# 96, Data- CC# 97, Data Rate CC# 66 (this selects from 0.1, 0.01, and 0.001 in rotation). And you can also change presets using CC# 10 for Next Preset and CC #7 for Previous Preset. This new option is to be used with MIDI Controllers that has push-buttons. If you want to use a knob/pot right click on the parameter and select Midi Learn instead.

- Fixed a problem with MIDI Learn on parameters when using a keyboard that sends CC# 98~101 and also anything above CC#120. Those CC# are now ignored globaly.

Edit: Just updated the Wusik ZR files with the new Data +/- and Preset +/- MIDI CC buttons option.

Cheers, WilliamK

WilliamK
Banned

Post Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:08 am

Just uploaded new Windows Multi-Out files for Wusik Station V9 and Wusik 8008

WilliamK
Banned

Post Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:33 pm

New test files on Windows/OSX for Wusik Station V9, Wusik EVE V5, Wusik ZR, Wusik One, Wusik 8008 and Wusik DLooper. When you ran the installer, click Replace Files to be sure it installs the new files. The About box should show now V9.3.8 01/22/20-18 - I added the Date and Hour of compilation time.

I also fixed the problem with hosts that would try to hide the external processor window when losing focus.

Cheers

Return to “Instruments”