One Synth Challenge #130: Phase Plant by Kilohearts (exponent1 Wins!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

It's cool zarf, I was in the wrong.
Last edited by exponent1 on Fri Jan 17, 2020 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

] Peter:H [ wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 6:58 pm Are you guys in any sort of bad mood or pissed by something? Thanks for the "inerest" anyway, I delete my post, exponent1
:ud: Peter, all I did was say I thought it was fine you posted your track, and that I was interested. No bad mood here :)

*Deleted because Off-topic*
Last edited by exponent1 on Sat Jan 18, 2020 10:58 am, edited 2 times in total.

] Peter:H [ wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 6:58 pm Are you guys in any sort of bad mood or pissed by something? Thanks for the "inerest" anyway, I delete my post, exponent1
I'm sorry Peter :( I apologize sincerely for my over-reaction :hug: I love and enjoy your music, please post it back!

exponent1 wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 6:42 pm
Taron wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:10 am In your opinion, my track was half the quality of Frog's, giving it the lowest score from all voters. :shrug:
In my defense, I got a 3 from Dirtgrain while you got a 5, which I don't think I deserve for my track this time.
Congratulations exponent1. Well deserved. :clap:
I don't understand why you feel obligated to defend your victory. You have won following the established rules, rules that we all know or should know before entering the competition.
I think it is meaningless to criticize the way one or the other has voted. Everyone is free to vote as they wish, following their particular style of judging the tracks and no one is obliged to explain the reason for their voting decisions.
Most of us are here to have a good time, learn new things about music and music production and exchange information on the subject. This has always been a friendly competition (and a friendly community) and most of those who participate are beyond controversy. Let's keep it that way and also thanks to the hard work of Brian and Richard, who keep this extraordinary contest alive. :tu:

L-EctroBit wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:36 pm

most of those who participate are beyond controversy.
Out of interest, who are the controversial ones ?
:D

People post things, including skimlinks!
Just the way it is in this age of enlightenment :hihi:
Man is least himself when he talks in the first person. Give him a mask, and he'll show you his true face

Congratulations exponent!
Also Taron, Zarf & L-EctroBit :hyper:

I would like to take Disperser, thanks!

As for "promoting" your stuff here, I'm all for it, because I'm willing to bet that there are few places elsewhere, where we all come together like this and if it's somehow related to the synth in question, I think, it's brilliant to give a wink! So... fire away! ;)
As for Ex, dude, you know you've got a special place in my heart and I'm always proud of your songs. I was clearly a bit uneasy about this one, because I was looking forward to using my presets again and know I will never ever cough up that much money for a synth in that state, especially not now :oops: (so flipping broke). But I'm always happy to help you out, as your happiness and progress means more to me than any silly somethin' somethin', you know.
So, don't feel awkward about it and don't worry about justifying anything. The reality is: You're doing fantastic and that gives me plenty of joy! :hug: ...be careful about my next round of tips, though! :lol: :smack:

All in all, we're a crazy bunch and every one of us should know that we are creating right here a piece of our collective heaven! Never let anything come between this, even if moments of patty have us quake for a second. Plenty of love to go around!

Well I cant find time to vote or comment but I have listened to all tracks. All of you made great tracks. Congrats to Ex. Btw your and Tarons track were my choice for top place.

Voted! :D
Just a touch of EQ and a tickle of compression

TheNeverScene wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 1:22 am Voted! :D
Remember that you have until February 15 to modify your vote if you change your mind. :hihi:

My turn. Congratulations to the top guys and everyone. :clap: We have seen with satisfaction how many here are improving their skills as music makers and music producers. Like all art forms, it takes years of learning and practice to develop a style and master the technical tools.
In particular I am especially satisfied with the mix I achieved in this track. Thank you for the votes and for the nice comments.
As a prize I choose Disperser by KiloHearts.
Thanks to all the sponsors who support this contest and Brian and Richard for doing the hard work. :tu:

Congrats to literally everyone for the awesome work here. I've just sorted out everyone's Kilohearts prizes.

As it was a "joint-first" situation we decided to award the first prize to both exponent1 and Taron. :party:

All winners should get emails with the license confirmations but don't need to do anything other than load up the software, it should be automatically registered.

Incidentally... Kilohearts announced a significant update to all software yesterday. v1.8 of everything is now available via the installer and comes with some really cool new features, improvements and bug fixes. They've also set up a 'trial amnesty' so all expired ten-day trials have now been reset and you can have another go. :tu:

Thanks again to everyone involved. It was great fun!

One last thing... is everyone cool for us to share your tracks on our social channels? They show a great variety of possibilities using Phase Plant. Let me know here if you'd rather we didn't, otherwise we'll look at sharing the playlist next week sometime. :love:

Thanks Stu, just got my Disperser license through, cheers!
Nice touch with the first prize :tu:

Share away from my point of view - we have all signed up to these tracks being 'out there' in the OSC 'archive,' I hope they bring some value to you guys...

Thanks again :D

Thanks Stu! Got my licenses as well. And thanks a lot for the decision to give the 1st prize to both of us. I'm happy for Taron and I can finally feel happy about the prize myself.

As for sharing the tracks, it would be a real honor to be featured by Kilohearts for us all!

Return to “Instruments”