Does u-he Diva ever go on sale?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Dombaeb wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:21 pm
e-crooner wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 4:42 pm
Faiky wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 3:41 pm I've been waiting for a DIVA sale for a long time too. It is technically too expensive for me. I will probably just use DIVA for a few analog ear catchers. Fortunately I am patient. I just hope that I don't have to wait another two years, on the other hand I'll consider an alternative then.
If you would use it only sparsely, aren't there no other, cheaper synths that could do the trick for those few "analog ear catchers"?
The Legend from Synapse surely can.
That would be one possibility. Was just so convinced of DIVA, especially because you have so many settings and I don't do much "standard" sounds or leads. However, I'm totally into the Juno sound, moog is also very nice, I would just love not to have to decide. I also prefer to have one synth for as many things as possible rather than many different ones. Therefore, I already have the feeling that DIVA is made for me. If there's a sale, I'm definitely going for it. Maybe I'll use it more than I thought.

well one just popped up in the for sale section :P

I'm not a Diva, but I'm for sale :hihi:

Yes, both Diva and Repro went on sale a while back...think it was through Native Instruments though (I've bought a few things through NI partnerships.)

Not saying to spend money you don't have or be that patronizing guy, this is just my approach I take at times:

Any sale is going to save you what, 30-50 bucks or so?
That is dinner for two at a moderately cheap restaurant. Don't go out for drinks a couple times when you usually might...etc etc. Think about how long you are likely going to use Diva, and how much you'll get out of it (which only you would know) and work that out to how much the cost would be per week/month/whatever. I'm doing it right now while saving for some hardware, bringing lunch to work more than I normally do. It adds up.

Obviously if you take this approach with everything in life you'd be underwater quickly :D so you have to cut back in another area, maybe far less than it seems if you average it out.

Last edited by codec_spurt on Fri Feb 28, 2020 4:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

yes contrary to popular belief here U-he has had many sales. Usually they are getting a percent off for doing a survey. DIVA also had a 10 year sale or whatever it was called. And as others have said they had a nice bundle deal that was insanely cheap on NI.
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

But what do you think is a reasonable sale then? OP wanted to buy diva for 80eu which is roughly 45% of what the retail price is at uhe. I dont think uhe will ever do a 55%sale.

codec_spurt wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:01 pm I've been on KVR many years. I've bought a lot of software. I've given away a fair few bits of softs too, for free. Not really a bread-head.

Recently tried to sell my first piece of software - Repro. Oh and Nithonat as well iirc. Never mind about that.

What an education.
Honestly for someone who spends as much time here as you do, I'm surprised that you're surprised by the number of entitled cheapskate wankers on KVR! :hihi:

I just signed up here to sell some software and then noticed I have to have 5 posts in order to do that! So I guess this counts as one of them? It's just that I'm getting out of producing music so there's nothing to post anymore... I'm just selling my stuff. Anyway, I have Diva and will be selling that as soon as I get my 5 posts in!

As far as entitled cheapskates goes...

There's nothing more "new" than a piece of software. I have no clue why somebody would think plug-ins should be sold dirt cheap just because they've been "used". That doesn't even make sense! I'm not desperate and I would just wait for somebody that actually wants whatever it is I'm selling. As far as I'm concerned companies that don't have sales all the time are probably the smartest ones. When I go to sell my Spectrasonics stuff it'll actually have value because they rarely ever do sales, and when they do it's not very much, so people know they're not going to get any great deal somewhere down the road. That actually helps me, but it also helps the company cuz they're not doing themselves any kind of favor by decimating their own prices. It's kind of crazy what has happened to the price of plug-ins overall. On the one hand it's good for all of us who are buying them, but how do these companies stay in business when they can't make a fair profit? So I know some of the plugins I go to sell I'll hardly get anything for because the companies are always doing sales and undercutting themselves, and others l'll actually get a fair price for.

devonrex wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:57 pm I just signed up here to sell some software and then noticed I have to have 5 posts in order to do that! So I guess this counts as one of them? It's just that I'm getting out of producing music so there's nothing to post anymore... I'm just selling my stuff. Anyway, I have Diva and will be selling that as soon as I get my 5 posts in!

props on trying to actually add to some discussion, not just open "best compressor" threads :D

why are you leaving music production?

Martin Simon wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 12:15 pm But what do you think is a reasonable sale then? OP wanted to buy diva for 80eu which is roughly 45% of what the retail price is at uhe. I dont think uhe will ever do a 55%sale.
Just a FWIW, I'm the OP and I didn't say that I wanted to buy it for 80eu.

devonrex wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:57 pm I just signed up here to sell some software and then noticed I have to have 5 posts in order to do that! So I guess this counts as one of them? It's just that I'm getting out of producing music so there's nothing to post anymore... I'm just selling my stuff. Anyway, I have Diva and will be selling that as soon as I get my 5 posts in!

As far as entitled cheapskates goes...

There's nothing more "new" than a piece of software. I have no clue why somebody would think plug-ins should be sold dirt cheap just because they've been "used". That doesn't even make sense! I'm not desperate and I would just wait for somebody that actually wants whatever it is I'm selling. As far as I'm concerned companies that don't have sales all the time are probably the smartest ones. When I go to sell my Spectrasonics stuff it'll actually have value because they rarely ever do sales, and when they do it's not very much, so people know they're not going to get any great deal somewhere down the road. That actually helps me, but it also helps the company cuz they're not doing themselves any kind of favor by decimating their own prices. It's kind of crazy what has happened to the price of plug-ins overall. On the one hand it's good for all of us who are buying them, but how do these companies stay in business when they can't make a fair profit? So I know some of the plugins I go to sell I'll hardly get anything for because the companies are always doing sales and undercutting themselves, and others l'll actually get a fair price for.
I can't speak for others, but I don't think plug-ins should be sold dirt cheap because they've been used. I have bought some software cheap because I didn't value it as much as the new price would indicate. I have bought software at a small discount because I could, and I did value attach full value to it. Those are cases that I would have bought the software brand new at full price anyways.

I'm sort of on the fence with Diva. I do attach a lot of value to it, but I'm not sure I should be spending much money on a plug-in right now.

Martin Simon wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 12:15 pm But what do you think is a reasonable sale then? OP wanted to buy diva for 80eu which is roughly 45% of what the retail price is at uhe. I dont think uhe will ever do a 55%sale.
80 euros is less than half what u-He charges on their website for Diva, 179 euros. Somewhere much closer to 179 euros, a lot closer, is what is fair. I don't get to keep the license and use it, it gets transferred to you (not you in particular but whoever is buying). It's not like its "used" like a piece of hardware.

Return to “Instruments”