public domain movies

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

ive found public domain movies like night of the living dead , but does anyone know of any versions of public domain films with the scores taken out ? so i could mess about making my own scores to these movies ? is there such a place to download cheers

No idea, OP, but it'd be great to have a resource for something like that. However, I highly doubt anyone has taken the time to remove film scores and uploaded them online. I generally just remove all of a movie's sound when messing about with my own score, so I basically just end up with a long music video.

You can use audio source separation tools to extract the dialogue. Spleeter is free, there are also free frontends for it.

yellowmix wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 12:00 am You can use audio source separation tools to extract the dialogue. Spleeter is free, there are also free frontends for it.
i’ll see if that works thanks

Russell Grand wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 11:46 pm No idea, OP, but it'd be great to have a resource for something like that. However, I highly doubt anyone has taken the time to remove film scores and uploaded them online. I generally just remove all of a movie's sound when messing about with my own score, so I basically just end up with a long music video.
i will try that but id like to have the talking in it tbh

search this place for that
https://archive.org/

howtobecalm79 wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:38 am
Russell Grand wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 11:46 pm No idea, OP, but it'd be great to have a resource for something like that. However, I highly doubt anyone has taken the time to remove film scores and uploaded them online. I generally just remove all of a movie's sound when messing about with my own score, so I basically just end up with a long music video.
Would that even work on mono audio? Dialog/vocal removal usually relies on being center in the mix. Anything public domain is often prior to stereo audio.

Maybe check out silent films.
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

you could rewrite new dialogue for scenes?
see how far from the original you can take a scene using dialogue and new music.

vurt wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 2:33 pm
see how far from the original you can take a scene using dialogue and new music.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bad_Lip_Reading ;-)
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

Jace-BeOS wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 2:35 pm
:tu: theres some great examples of this on the yootoob :)

vurt wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 2:38 pm
Jace-BeOS wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 2:35 pm
:tu: theres some great examples of this on the yootoob :)
Yeah! I couldn't pick only one, so I posted the informational wikipedia URL instead.
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

Jace-BeOS wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 2:01 pm Maybe check out silent films.
That’s worked in the past too. Metropolis comes to mind

Forgotten wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 3:30 pm
This too: https://2sleepy.band/music/perekop-soundtrack/
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

Forgotten wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 3:30 pm
never "scored" it, but i did q couple of shows with that as my projection/light show :)

looking at next (if) the 30s alice film. freaky as f**k :o

Giorgio Moroder wrote songs for it back in the 80s, which kind of worked then, but they sound dated now. Would be good to hear someone write a more modern sounding score for it

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”