New SPRING reverb coming from EVENTIDE

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
H9 Series: Spring

Too bad it's with ilok. Would have bought it otherwise :?

midi_transmission wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 11:00 am Too bad it's with ilok. Would have bought it otherwise :?
No iloc = no Eventide, no UVI, no Zynaptiq etc - there are some plugs that are just worth having a soft elicener for...
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

I resisted the iLok (software) for a long time after I tried a free sample library that required it: it totally borked my PC, blue screen, then not able to boot. Took me ages to fix it. That was a long time ago.

So you can imagine I was quite wary of going near it, but I love Eventide, UVI and others so I finally relented. It's been mostly fine, but a recent manager update screwed me by making the licence manager program disappear and unable to uninstall or reinstall it.

Luckily I had a restore point and just went back and ignore the current requests to update.

I would say go for it, but with caution in that always save a restore point before updating.

There is some risk associated with just about any copy protection (or software in general) but I don't know of anyone actually loosing the ability to us their software...there are hard drive crashes etc (it happened to me, hardware failure) but you can always get it resolved with whoever you bought the software from.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

SLiC wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 11:29 am
midi_transmission wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 11:00 am Too bad it's with ilok. Would have bought it otherwise :?
No iloc = no Eventide, no UVI, no Zynaptiq etc - there are some plugs that are just worth having a soft elicener for...
Yes, unfortunately! I totally get why you copy protect things and I'm for it, but too much trouble for me with iLok and possible problems. Same for other copy protection systems with limited activations. There are mostly very nice small developer alternatives which have a much friendlier copy protection. They will get my money.

I can only vote with my money and express my feelings about it for plugins which I would have bought otherwise.

While I think it is perfectly fine to complain about copy protection systems (I tend to do that do, primarily when it comes to Codemeter), I think it is a bit silly to go all fundamentalist about this. In the end it is the functionality that counts and not the copy protection system. My Codemeter allergies have not yet prevented me from buying Codemeter protected licenses of stuff that is useful to me. This „I don‘t by anything iLok as a matter of principle“ makes me question someone’s principles. There are clearly more important things in the world than iLok. ;)
Follow me on Youtube for videos on spatial and immersive audio production.

I kept getting hard slap on small settings, not for me

I don't know if it's just me, but in general I think that spring reverb sounds sh*t. I'd be more interested in a plugin that tries to emulate the spring sound, but try and make it sound a bit warmer and have less metallic slapback...

joe_b wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:33 pm I don't know if it's just me, but in general I think that spring reverb sounds sh*t. I'd be more interested in a plugin that tries to emulate the spring sound, but try and make it sound a bit warmer and have less metallic slapback...
It sounds like you’re describing plate reverb.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 10:27 pm
joe_b wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:33 pm I don't know if it's just me, but in general I think that spring reverb sounds sh*t. I'd be more interested in a plugin that tries to emulate the spring sound, but try and make it sound a bit warmer and have less metallic slapback...
It sounds like you’re describing plate reverb.
Or U-he Twangstrom which retains the spring character but spiffies it up nicely.

plates or springs without the metallic sound kinda defeats the purpose of using either imo :) cheers
"There is no strength in numbers... have no such misconception... but when you need me be assured I won't be far away."

Last edited by Vortifex on Mon May 17, 2021 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

me like, bought it, while i wanted only to work with i already have. perhaps it is depended on taste, of course, but also the source, the sounds you make (or use), and the music you make.

Still no VST 3 version....

Instant purchase. Tried it with a guitar and loved the presets. Needs some post processing to be completely usable, but easily another no brainer from Eventide.

Return to “Effects”