Unify by PluginGuru; The next big thing?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Unify (Standard Edition)

David wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:22 pm Before I update to the latest version, can someone clarify for me where the plugin and layer "state" saves are located? I don't want to lose them, but can find them in any library. TIA!
Unify>Presets>PluginStates
Unify>Presets>Layer Presets

David wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:27 pm I'm still having trouble running a lot of MIDI FX that I normally use in Logic as AU MIDI FX, or run inside BlueCat Patchwork's AU MIDI FX as vsts, eg., Kontakt. In a recent livestream I asked about maybe trying the vst versions instead and was encouraged to give that a try. So, how exactly would I do that (load a vst not currently scanned in and identified as a MIDI FX into a MIDI Layer)? TIA!
Only non audio fx can be loaded there afaik

No FAQ on their site ?
What is the copy protection ? If it's C/R I am out sadly.

rasmusklump wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 8:01 pm No FAQ on their site ?
What is the copy protection ? If it's C/R I am out sadly.
One time online press the button

focusrite wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:57 pm
David wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:22 pm Before I update to the latest version, can someone clarify for me where the plugin and layer "state" saves are located? I don't want to lose them, but can find them in any library. TIA!
Unify>Presets>PluginStates
Unify>Presets>Layer Presets
duh :tu:

focusrite wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:58 pm
David wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:27 pm I'm still having trouble running a lot of MIDI FX that I normally use in Logic as AU MIDI FX, or run inside BlueCat Patchwork's AU MIDI FX as vsts, eg., Kontakt. In a recent livestream I asked about maybe trying the vst versions instead and was encouraged to give that a try. So, how exactly would I do that (load a vst not currently scanned in and identified as a MIDI FX into a MIDI Layer)? TIA!
I don't want to load an audio fx as a MIDI fx. Almost all my AU MIDI FX also are available as vsts and are already scanned into Unify, as in the screengrab.
I'm asking how I get these to show up in the MIDI FX Menu along with the AUs, which are all that are there now. Anyone not on a Mac or not using Logic must be able to access these as vsts; how do I? Thanks again!

David wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 8:28 pm
I don't want to load an audio fx as a MIDI fx. Almost all my AU MIDI FX also are available as vsts and are already scanned into Unify, as in the screengrab.
I'm asking how I get these to show up in the MIDI FX Menu along with the AUs, which are all that are there now. Anyone not on a Mac or not using Logic must be able to access these as vsts; how do I? Thanks again!
Bottom right corner to the left of the plugin menu there's a hamburger menu with 3 dots. Then use the drop down menu (Top left) - ALL My MIDI Effects.xml

focusrite wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 8:43 pm
David wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 8:28 pm
Bottom right corner to the left of the plugin menu there's a hamburger menu with 3 dots. Then use the drop down menu (Top left) - ALL My MIDI Effects.xml
The online manual

https://pluginguru.net/unify/manual/doku.php?id=start

I like to work with midi fx and what ever.
I would like to see more free midi plugins included in Unify.
Here is a list of over 100 free midi plugins available.
https://www.kvraudio.com/plugins/window ... ler/newest

edit: I assumed that permission will be sought.
Last edited by Kalamata Kid on Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kalamata Kid wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 8:58 pm I like to work with midi fx and what ever.
They would need to be free open source plugins to be included in the unify license afaik. It doesn't stop you adding them yourself though.

@getdunne could you please have a look into the macro parameter link for the noisebox morph. It's bugged on my system.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

focusrite wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:08 pm
Kalamata Kid wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 8:58 pm I like to work with midi fx and what ever.
They would need to be free open source plugins to be included in the unify license afaik. It doesn't stop you adding them yourself though.
They would also need to be cross-platform, not just PC, to be included.

David wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:18 pm
focusrite wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:08 pm
They would also need to be cross-platform, not just PC, to be included.
I believe they took the extra step of requesting and receiving permission for each one to be included, even if they were open source.

focusrite wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 8:43 pm
David wrote:I'm still having trouble running a lot of MIDI FX that I normally use in Logic as AU MIDI FX, or run inside BlueCat Patchwork's AU MIDI FX as vsts, eg., Kontakt. In a recent livestream I asked about maybe trying the vst versions instead and was encouraged to give that a try. So, how exactly would I do that (load a vst not currently scanned in and identified as a MIDI FX into a MIDI Layer)? TIA!

Found it, thank you! (After updating to the current version—helped:) )

And loading MIDI FX vsts instead of AUs works sometimes:

I was able to get CreamCM, EZKeys, SugarBytes Thesys and Guitarist, Melda synth arps, Captain Chords (running into BlueArp) and Reaktor 5 sequencers all to work.

But Numerology and Kontakt still crash Logic when trying to load, and Reaktor 6, HY Seq Collection2, and neither Nora nor NoraCM work at all after loading.

Return to “Instruments”