Krotos Audio Concept

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Concept 2

indeed.

I thought, synth from Krotos? Might be interesting.

Not really that interested any more.

There was one feature that looks useful but I'm not sure whether it works that way in practice and that was the tweak panel. If you wanted to avoid trackitis in calling up different SFX, maybe you can set up one of these and call up the different tweaks using automation or CCs or whatever as the track progresses. Then again, Ohmforce did that a while back with the Melohman panel.

Yeah, I feel like I'm getting difficult to please in my later years.. only interesting thing to me is the pitch-detecting side-chain, not seen that before. Osc's and filters look fairly standard.. do the videos further disappoint I wonder?

And 3rd post from TechMix in 8 years? Good stats :)

I liked the audio demos, but 99 (139) US$ may be a little too much to ask for these days

You know, for instance, Deducktion is around the same concept, sounds amazing and is free.

I can kind of dig the modulation system, but I couldn't see velocity or key-tracking (I guess they're there somewhere) and the whole engine sounds a bit too clean. I'd like to read the manual before demo-ing it.

It is expensive but I like the modulation system, the demo is pretty fun, the FM is nice 👍

If the mod system alone was available separately as a multi-out MIDI CC device like eg. Audiare's Zenith (or as a plugin host) I'd buy it in a heartbeat, at the same price as Concept.

Tbh there's too much on offer.. This just.. Doesn't.. I'd rather buy some nice bit of hardware.

I think it’s too soon after Black Friday and Pre-Xmas campaigns. I bought several soft synths and a couple of pieces of hardware that I’m just barely getting to know. Maybe I’ll feel differently in a couple of months. Maybe not

CinningBao wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:25 pm Yeah, I feel like I'm getting difficult to please in my later years.. only interesting thing to me is the pitch-detecting side-chain, not seen that before. Osc's and filters look fairly standard.. do the videos further disappoint I wonder?

And 3rd post from TechMix in 8 years? Good stats :)
It's actually a lot longer than that. I joined KVR right around the same time that Vurt did.

Prior to that, IRC. :D

Having stated that, from the perspective of way back in 1996 when Steinberg's VST Specification first dropped, I've been amazed at how far we've come. But even more amazing is how hardware DSP synthesis is starting to blossom in a very big way of which initially, I thought ARM CPU's would be blowing up the spot but now it looks like FPGA chips are killing the game which is really exciting to see.

Because of my fascination with FPGA, I picked up the Novation Summit which is a fantastic FPGA based synth but the ASM Hydra is also looking sexy as all hell.

Some other tidbits regarding the initial release of Krotos Concept:

Guest Sound Designers
Roni Size (Reprazent, Universal)
Richard Devine (Google, Warp Records)
Kayla Painter (Brownswood Recordings)
Dom Ruckspin (Submotion Orchestra, Ninja Tune, EMI)
Heiroglyphic Being (Mathematics Records)
Alex Retsis (Native Instruments, Pro Sound Effects, Glitchmachines)
Jim Stout (Roland, Carma Studio, Beatport Sounds)

Miscellaneous Information
This product does not use iLok :tu:
Formats (64-bit only): VST, VST3, AU, AAX Native :borg:
An internet connection is required at the time of activation :roll:
Audio Input is not supported on FL Studio or Studio One :dog:
[Core i7 8700 | 32GB DDR4 | Win11 x64 | Studio One 6 Pro | FL Studio ASIO/WASAPI ]

Roni Size? Awesome. New Forms was one of my favorites back in my pre-computer days.

Return to “Instruments”