plexuss
KVRAF
3603 posts since 8 Jul, 2009

Post Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:51 am

tdm71 wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:01 am
rollasoc wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 1:17 am
Phase Plant is $99 at the moment, which though not cheap, is not what I would consider pricey.

There is also the $9.99 subscription option, where you get $100 back each year to purchase permanent products. So you could get Phase plant and something else at the end of year 2?
How does the subscription work if you already own phase plant? Just curious if I should buy Phrase Plant for the $99 and do the subscription for the rest of just do the subscription without the purchase?
I think the regular prices are: Phase Plant $169. With some Snapins $199, with all Snapins $349, Everything $499

I already had everythign they sell except PP and the 2 new Snapins. But now I own it all. I really think PP benefits from as many Snapins as you can afford.

FYI the upgrade price to me to add just PP and the 2 new Snapins was $143 but I got an artists discount which made it much more attactive. But to get it with all the Snapins is $350 regular price which is... well... a bit of a challenge to justify.

The more I work with Phase Plant the more I like it. It's a powerhouse with what I think is a really nice unique and versatile sound. The presets are blowing my mind. Somehow to me its like Serum and Falcon combined, with a sprinkle of Curve 2.

sacer
KVRian
665 posts since 8 Jan, 2012 from frankfurt, Germany

Re: Phase Plant released

Post Wed Jan 22, 2020 1:21 am

New 1.8 released, nice new features.

Buckster
KVRist
121 posts since 27 Nov, 2016

Post Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:31 am

Using the demo it's quite confusing what's included in base Phaseplant or not - I see filter plugin not - but does that mean no filters at all if just have base ?

I don't think I've seen many patches on other synths that don't use at least one filter ?

Thanks

Biome_Digital
KVRian
781 posts since 9 Jan, 2014 from Worldwide

Post Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:49 am

Buckster wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:31 am
Using the demo it's quite confusing what's included in base Phaseplant or not - I see filter plugin not - but does that mean no filters at all if just have base ?

I don't think I've seen many patches on other synths that don't use at least one filter ?

Thanks
If you look on their website it clearly says what is included in each package.

Buckster
KVRist

Post Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:56 am

I get that I'm.asking what it actually means - so there is no filter at all in base PP ?

Biome_Digital
KVRian

Post Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:20 am

Buckster wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:56 am
I get that I'm.asking what it actually means - so there is no filter at all in base PP ?
There is a multi-filter in the generators section with the oscillators.

mdstudio
KVRist
52 posts since 11 Dec, 2018

Post Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:23 am

Buckster wrote:
Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but I think you get the filter module in the osc/generator section, but not the FX/snapin one.

Buckster
KVRist

Post Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:28 am

Ah ok fantastic I'll try that out this evening thankyou

Biome_Digital
KVRian

Post Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:29 am

mdstudio wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:23 am
Buckster wrote:
Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but I think you get the filter module in the osc/generator section, but not the FX/snapin one.
Yes, like i said above there is a multi filter in the synth section.

Buckster
KVRist

Post Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:30 am

Thankyou also.Biome will try tonight :)

rj0
KVRist
329 posts since 18 Sep, 2010

Post Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:38 am

Trying the 10-day trial base version, with just the free snapins. Being the base version, almost all of the presets are full of locked features/snapins.

As a result, after a while it starts feeling more like a demo than a base version. While it's clear that one can do a fair amount with just those free features, I'm beginning to get the impression that buying the base version would just lead to frustration more than anything.

plexuss
KVRAF
3603 posts since 8 Jul, 2009

Post Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:54 am

rj0 wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:38 am
Trying the 10-day trial base version, with just the free snapins. Being the base version, almost all of the presets are full of locked features/snapins.

As a result, after a while it starts feeling more like a demo than a base version. While it's clear that one can do a fair amount with just those free features, I'm beginning to get the impression that buying the base version would just lead to frustration more than anything.
As I mentioned in a previous post, I picked up all the SnapIns plus MultiPass in a 3rd party sale. Then I picked up their "premium" plugins afterwards on other sales. Phase Plant itself cost me $70US with the 2 new SnapIns.

If I didn't have all their effects that work in PP, I am not sure I'd enjoy PP as much. There would be great motivation to get all the SnapIns that work with it. So just keep that in mind, that you will likely be wanting all the other SnapIns.

SLiC
KVRAF
4418 posts since 2 Dec, 2004 from North Wales

Post Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:17 pm

rj0 wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:38 am

Exactly how I feel, all of the fx should be available in the plug in for a base price, there should just be one version for 1XX or whatever- happy for (others) to pay extra if they want the fx available outside of PP, but personably I have no interest in that or the convoluted sales model and the cost is simply too much for this synth with the FX...Rapid was just on sale for less than 100 bucks AND you can use all the FX outside of rapid.....
i7 Win 10 PC+ Surface, BWS V3, StudioOne 4, Cubase 10, Live 9 suite, X32 Desk. , DM12, Odyssey, P8, Virus TI, 500hp Eurorack, Elektron A4, RYTM, Heat, Digitone, Deluge, OP-Z, Mother+DFAM, Drums, Guitars, Basses and Amps

Buckster
KVRist

Post Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:09 pm

I agree with the above - exactly like MSoundFactory (which I bought btw) the fantastic FX if don't own the FX are only useable with the synth not as externals which seems fair to me

Calenberger
KVRian
597 posts since 8 Sep, 2019 from Calenberg

Post Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:14 pm

Bit pricey the full monty, isn't it?
Wait one year, it'll be quite cheaper because no one pays that much for something like that (except some gearslutz off course).
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, kanntu meine musi hoeren da:
https://sonoryth.bandcamp.com/
Signature Sound

Return to “Instruments”