songs you wish you had written if you are that capable

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I don't think I can answer that... Maybe Ed Rush's The Raven?

But nothing Pop or 'classic' like the Beatles. I'm delighted at being musically ignorant.

If it not fast, heavy or dark it won't be on my play list - With the exception of some 80's synth stuff or vid game sound tracks.
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

Robmobius wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:21 pm If it not fast, heavy or dark it won't be on my play list - With the exception of some 80's synth stuff or vid game sound tracks.
what if its slow heavy and dark? no?

"The Chicken Song".

Seriously, it was flipping ubiquitous in late 80s Britain for no particularly good reason (although charity might have been loosely involved).
Shit, annoying but an extremely popular money-spinner.
Similar to "Barbie Girl" by Aqua of the 1990s in its undeserved popularity for an intentionally joke song.

I could surely give many better (and more highbrow) examples to answer this thread.
But bollocks to it.

"The Chicken Song" has sprung to mind.

also
fast, dark and heavy...

https://youtu.be/pHNbHn3i9S4

dark water wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:24 pm
Similar to "Barbie Girl" by Aqua of the 1990s in its undeserved popularity for an intentionally joke song.
is it a joke song? or is it actually a dark satire on the plastic surgery that is becoming more normalised and the lack of worth that not being beautiful has?
seriously, listen to the lyrics, its a bit grim.

^^ true, and it's a fair interpretation.
But I think, for me at least, that it remains an intentionally jokey song because I find it still fairly lighthearted in both content and presentation by the musicians.

(I realize now, as most of us did 20 years ago, that there is a subtext to this ironic bubble-gum pop song. But I think the subtext is kept deliberately light-hearted by Aqua rather than projected too much as a dark topic matter)

vurt wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:28 pm
is it a joke song? or is it actually a dark satire on the plastic surgery that is becoming more normalised and the lack of worth that not being beautiful has?
I took your advice and listened to it.

Shit on a stick.

Forgotten wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:00 pm
vurt wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:28 pm
I took your advice and listened to it.

Shit on a stick.
i did not say "listen and you will like it" :lol:
i just always found it dark, the video didmt help either, its totally sinister imo.

but not "good"

vurt wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:13 pm :lol:
i said the same thing earlier

texted the missus
another python gone :(

she replies
what? extinct?

no, hes just resting, pining for the fjords.

i have no idea what you are talking about?

seriously, its like dating a 20 year old, she has no reference points, its always "ive never seen that..."
even breakfast club and pretty in pink, nope...

i dont think wigan got electricity till 2009 though :shrug:
My wife, 5 years my junior, and German, is similar. She wasn't enthralled with the 60's like I was. Well, maybe the 1560s. She specialized in Renaissance music.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

vurt wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:25 pm also
fast, dark and heavy...

https://youtu.be/pHNbHn3i9S4

close, but no cig.. oth

https://youtu.be/M0McXQvT3P8

ach mein goth! :o

I'm picky about Beatles covers, but that was...it didn't suck. :hihi:
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Bombadil wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:24 pm I'm picky about Beatlesh covers, but that was...it didn't suck. :hihi:
/wanders off to do a vurty yesterday cover...

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”