UVI Falcon - hybrid instrument - version 3.01 released - rumors, ads, praise, mud wrestling and off-topic inside!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

Falcon is a wonderful synth. The more I use it the more I love it. :love: :love:

Mr. Stockhausen:

otristan wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:20 am 2.0.5 is online. No more crashes and should be fully Catalina compatible.
Will check the UI tweak after

Cheers
Ahh thank you so much! 0 crashes after several hours of use :D :D :D

otristan wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:20 am 2.0.5 is online.
Nitpicking here, but can you make the iLok install optional (aka with checkbox, like the VST & Standalone components)? Leave it checked by default (for new users I suppose) but make it optional.

Reason: I have the taskbar with autohide enabled and sometimes the iLok installer opens a new window which sits minimized on the task bar waiting for a click on "Finish" button. As the taskbar is hidden, I don't see that window and looks like the installer is frozen. I learned the lesson but still, less friction with an optional installer.

The thing is that the application itself probably require the latest iLok drivers hence it needs to be installed so it's not possible for it to be optional. If you already have the latest version, iLok installer just skip the install.
Olivier Tristan
Developer - UVI Team
http://www.uvi.net

Any chance Falcon could move to hardware like CUDA or FPGA?
Falcon user since 2015

CUDA adds latency and doesn't lend itself to a lot of audio processing which isn't parallelized (so, almost everything except FFT and convolution). FPGA isn't really any faster than i7/i9 or Ryzen/Threadripper CPUs... It's also a completely different architecture, not compatible with x86 instruction set which is used by your computer.

dionenoid wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 12:32 am
TrekStar wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 12:03 am - will it still work on win7?
Falcon 2 works fine on Win7 here, just like the previous version. Altho Win7 is not officially supported ofcourse.
thanks dude, for your report, thanks! :hug:

Btw noticed that Falcon Factory archive in user download area labeled as v1.2.0, i may mistaken but do it not should named like v2.etc ? heh

typo. fixed
Olivier Tristan
Developer - UVI Team

Hi all,

using the UVI workstation there is always a small description and background info about the Library visible on the bottom.
Is there a way to have the same info in Falcon available?

Thanks
Frank

emulator01 wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 4:40 pm Hi all,

using the UVI workstation there is always a small description and background info about the Library visible on the bottom.

Thanks
Frank
Yes, in the info tab, there is a little "i" at the top right of the interface, click on that and the info for each patch will unfold (if the author wrote something, that is).

Sampleconstruct wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 4:47 pm
emulator01 wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 4:40 pm Hi all,

Thanks
Frank
Yes, in the info tab, there is a little "i" at the top right of the interface, click on that and the info for each patch will unfold (if the author wrote something, that is).
Yes. This works for the Falcon Factory Lib. But for the others like VV3 I have no chance.

emulator01 wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 5:13 pm Yes. This works for the Falcon Factory Lib. But for the others like VV3 I have no chance.
untoggle script button in the info tab and then you will be able to toggle the info i button
Olivier Tristan
Developer - UVI Team

otristan wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 10:37 am
emulator01 wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 5:13 pm Yes. This works for the Falcon Factory Lib. But for the others like VV3 I have no chance.
untoggle script button in the info tab and then you will be able to toggle the info i button
This was the trick. Thank you very much. :tu:

Please forgive if I am a real falcon noob still, but I somehow am not able to build a nice analog synthbass in Falcon (usually I have no problem doing that). Somehow I find the OSCs in Falcon (here analog stack) sounding kind of "plastic" like, lacking of sharpness and/or brilliance (similar sounding to yamaha motif rack es). Also the sound of the unison in the analog stack sounds to me pretty useless the way it does it, at least for my scenario. Might be due to unison oscs not running free phase or the curve of the spreading (lacking of control here). Summa summarum I would describe the oscs as sounding like a sampler, and not like a synth :)

Any tips here to improve my Falcon experience? If I use multiple single oscs, the workflow seems to get annoyances due lack of some basic parameters like panning. The keygroup unison also is pretty limited in features (and then very cpu intense).

Thanks for any experienced insight here!

P.S. Btw. if I had a wish free, then I would wish a unison container, with a lot of control, being able to host any kind of OSC. And then an additional, very powerful OSC, only single voice, but an hell lot of control, similar to Melda MPowersynth, VPS Avenger and U-He Hive. So free/random/synced phase, lot of waveform bending, PWM etc. etc.

So the container and the OSC were separated completely, with the benefit multi osc related stuff then belongs to the container, e.g. unison, cross-osc sync/fm/rm.

Return to “Instruments”