How would a subscription model benefit the consumer using Logic?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Ploki wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:54 am Logic sells macs. Macs don’t sell logic.
Sounds logic(al)...

Look up the phrase "loss leader".

How would a subscription model benefit the consumer using Logic?

It would help them to switch to windows.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Aloysius wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 6:02 am How would a subscription model benefit the consumer using Logic?

It would help them to switch to windows.
LOL. :hihi:

Pretty much. If Logic went subscription I’d be happy to change DAW

yeah me too. Studio One here i come

2020NAMM just passed, it's almost two years for logic without a major upgrade. That's too abnormal for a software that received a major update every winter NAMM

Not a big deal really for me - Logic works fine as it is.

Forgotten wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 5:20 pm Not a big deal really for me - Logic works fine as it is.
it does, it's a bit disheartening to see it neglected tho.

Ploki wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 5:27 pm
Forgotten wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 5:20 pm Not a big deal really for me - Logic works fine as it is.
it does, it's a bit disheartening to see it neglected tho.
I don’t think it’s been neglected though, as it’s still been getting updates during the past couple of years, just not a major version number.

Forgotten wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 5:29 pm I don’t think it’s been neglected though, as it’s still been getting updates during the past couple of years, just not a major version number.
in a world where apple pioneers HiDPI screens and has an all-HiDPI setup since 2014, this looks like neglect:

i can also show you EXS24 and Ultrabeat if you're not convinced

Looks fine to me. I use Logic often, and can’t say I’ve ever had issues with the interface.

Forgotten wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 5:59 pm Looks fine to me. I use Logic often, and can’t say I’ve ever had issues with the interface.
Really? Besides the fact that it's not retina-ready, like the rest of literally everything apple branded, there's the fact that the interface is literally the same emagic interface from 1999 (for EXS24 and Ultrabeat, and ES and most all synths. Even Alchemy is not Retina-ready)

I don't know what you use as your screen, but on my Ultrafine 4K and MacBook 13" it looks terrible

15” MacBook Pro, and I can read everything fine. I don’t care what style it has, just whether I can see it OK.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”