Organteq is (finally) released!

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
teilo
KVRist
426 posts since 30 Mar, 2008

Post Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:32 am

kvaca wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:39 am
...but only time will tell if Organteq is capable of this level of perfection /..and if our computers will be able to handle it/, for first listen and in its current state it still doesn't sound very convincing to me...but the same was true for Pianoteq 1 :shrug:
This is sort of my point. It is impressive, but a properly sampled instrument in Hauptwerk still sounds more authentic to my ears than Organteq. The amount of processing power to model an organ properly is substantial. Right now, Organteq is in the "uncanny valley" so to speak, and the amount of effort to eek out that last 10% of realism is massive.
macOS | Bitwig 3.x | Logic Pro X | Scarlett 6i6 v2 | DX7 w/SER-7 | Adam Audio T7V & Sub8
U-he all | Melda all | TAL synths | Komplete 12 Ult. Coll. | Arturia V 7 | Fabfilter Pro all | Rapid | countless others

slaambo
KVRer
14 posts since 25 Mar, 2013

Re: Organteq is (finally) released!

Post Thu Jan 23, 2020 4:43 am

I agree with teilo, Organteq sounds a bit sterile and tame compared to a good sampled instrument.

I'm also quite certain that Modartt will go the distance to get it right as they have done with Pianoteq, my piano of choice!

In the meantime I feel, like several others here, that Organteq is overpriced.
Mac Pro 12 core, Ensemble Firewire, Adam AX7, Logic Pro X, U-he all, Omnisphere, XO, SD3, Arturia V7, AAS all, Modartt Pianoteq etc

tristan-
KVRian
520 posts since 11 Dec, 2004

Post Thu Jan 23, 2020 6:02 am

Can it play the them of the Undertaker from the WWF?

Esoteric.

HunterKiller
KVRAF
2100 posts since 10 Mar, 2006

Post Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:13 pm

teilo wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:32 am
kvaca wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:39 am
...but only time will tell if Organteq is capable of this level of perfection /..and if our computers will be able to handle it/, for first listen and in its current state it still doesn't sound very convincing to me...but the same was true for Pianoteq 1 :shrug:
This is sort of my point. It is impressive, but a properly sampled instrument in Hauptwerk still sounds more authentic to my ears than Organteq. The amount of processing power to model an organ properly is substantial. Right now, Organteq is in the "uncanny valley" so to speak, and the amount of effort to eek out that last 10% of realism is massive.
That last 1-10% requires familiarity with the original hardware, lots of testing (of the software) under various conditions and constructive criticism. Which gives the devs what they need to fine tune it.
"The educated person is one who knows how to find out what he does not know" - George Simmel
“It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.” - John Wooden

Stringzy
KVRist
266 posts since 3 May, 2019

Post Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:10 am

wake me up when they have Hammonds done

EvilDragon
KVRAF
19294 posts since 7 Jan, 2009 from Croatia

Post Fri Jan 24, 2020 3:06 pm

There's a number of great Hammond plugins out there. Organteq is about pipe organs, not tonewheel organs - and it's just fine that way.

Stringzy
KVRist
266 posts since 3 May, 2019

Post Sat Jan 25, 2020 2:59 am

what do you know if it's not about tonewheels? are you a part of Modartt team?

no, you're not. so don't talk out of your ass. I've spoken to them about Hammonds, they said they will look into it.

whether it's gonna be branded Organteq or Hammondteq, it's small details I don't care about.

I like you, EvilDragon. you never change. years go by, but you're still the same pain in the ass you've ever been. well, at least, you're consistent at something.

EvilDragon
KVRAF
19294 posts since 7 Jan, 2009 from Croatia

Post Sat Jan 25, 2020 3:56 am

I beta tested Organteq, so you can consider me as an extended member of Modartt, along with all other beta testers. The physical model in it is intended for pipe organs, not tonewheel organs. That's all. Even the promo video mentions the physics involved. So no, not talking out of my ass.

I don't think I'm being a pain in the ass at all. All I'm using is facts. But you seem butthurt for no real reason.

Return to “Instruments”