Check out my new ReBirth 338 installer!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

nix - I found your problem. Apparently on freshly installed systems my workaround has trouble if you the user have never been granted permission from the admin user to use windows/temp or windows/system32. That must be what forces the Windows Feature installer to load up a million files. My .bat instead tries to DOS 'copy' 2 files and be finished.

You could simply open the windows/temp directory once before installing if you run into it again.

It's no worries,
it's kinda cool to boot into the old production environment->
XP vm.png
Rebirth will never die!

tyyyy
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Now i'm trying to make Rebirth work on Google Cloud but, Windows Server has no sound in their Hyper-V mode.. No sound device or sound srvc or even directsound / directaudio..

Perhaps that means i'll do Google Cloud - linux - command line - so that I can hand an rbs file to a webpage - have Rebirth.exe process it to wav on gc - and then serve it up as a stream of audio..
Like a jukebox - since there are thousands of rbs songs - and people could make a new one and share it that quickly... Without loading ReBirth or rendering to wav -> converting to mp3 -> uploading to sharing site...

If I get that running smoothly I'll share it here.... :borg: :borg: :D :borg: :borg:

This would be dope AF to get working on MacOS again.

MacOS version is broken? How?
I see - it complains that it 'cannot be run in this OS' kind of a message unless you burn it to cdr - then you have to use "classic mode" in order to run? Or that is one way?

DJMaytag wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 12:22 am This would be dope AF to get working on MacOS again.
I got it working with winebottler without any problem... (way less than was reported here, exactly zero...)

Hello everyone,
So I pulled my old box out :-) to have some fun after reading all those posts. However, I ran into an issue. I used wine bottler, to auto create the app. (I am not much of a programmer). So I was able to create the app and then when I double click on it, it asks me to put in the CD. I don't know how or where I can attach the .iso file to get it up and running. If anyone could help me out, I would really appreciate.

I have a smilier issue with SounDiver (if anyone knows it :-) ) - don't know how to put the CD in for validation.

Thanks a mil.

Don‘t use the old box/cd, use the image from the first post...!

Thanks I got it to work. Anyone able to increase the font size? It's showing so small that I cannot even see the knobs.

Thanks a lot.

it may be possible to change the screen res,
otherwise a different monitor and graphics card can change the res
^this would be for Win

oh I see ur on Mac, I dunno then. Some ancient Mac for $200 to run it then

ibmathez wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:28 pm Thanks I got it to work. Anyone able to increase the font size? It's showing so small that I cannot even see the knobs.
The MacOS has a zoom function, or reduce the resolution of your screen. Don’t forget its century old unsupported compiled proprietary code...

Thank you :love:
I have searched for "Alex M´s" tunes for over 15 years!

Thank you, no i can stop searching :)

:love: :love: :love: wonderful

Regarding the NO CD , i did a small memory patch avoiding cd check and the "first run" bug mentioned above .

Download Here :
https://github.com/TheKikGen/REBIRTH-NOCD

Thank you for the first time Rebirth works on my Windows 10. Before, it closed before I could hear any sound.

TheKikGen wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 12:32 pm Regarding the NO CD , i did a small memory patch avoiding cd check and the "first run" bug mentioned above .

Download Here :
https://github.com/TheKikGen/REBIRTH-NOCD
The only site for experimental amp sim freeware & MIDI FX: http://runbeerrun.blogspot.com
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCprNcvVH6aPTehLv8J5xokA -Youtube jams

Return to “Instruments”