Phase Plant released

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
User avatar
BONES
GRRRRRRR!
9475 posts since 14 Jun, 2001 from Somewhere else, on principle

Post Fri Jan 24, 2020 3:39 pm

It might be if I did stupid shit like that, but I don't, so it's not. Orion had a multi-band effects container for 10 or 12 of the 20 years we worked on it and I never used it even once. I have work to do, there's no time for screwing around doing dumb stuff like that. I think $29 is the most I've ever paid for an effect, except maybe Tantra (which I haven't used in ages because, while it's a lot of fun to play with, it's not actually very useful).
antic604 wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 4:26 am
v1.3 (and thus v2 too) had Organ, FM4 and Polysynth
v2.3 added Phase-4
That's where I came in so I'd be talking about Polysynth. Very ordinary to my ears. By the time I updated to 2.4 I had pretty much given up on Bitwig so that would have been that.
NOVAkILL 4.0 : Dell G7 17 (Core i7, 8GB RAM, Win10), UR44C, Cubase, DUNE, Thorn, TRK-01, Equator, Hive, Substance, Arcsyn, Aparillo, Phase Plant, Pigments, Trueno, Analog Keys, MicroMonsta, Uno, Skulpt, Craft 2.

spoontechnique
KVRist
196 posts since 7 May, 2018

Re: Phase Plant released

Post Fri Jan 24, 2020 7:58 pm

It's fair to want more filters. But have you tried modulating the filter cutoff and resonance? You can get a lot of sounds using audiorate modulation of the existing filter.

User avatar
hivkorn
KVRAF
3245 posts since 6 Sep, 2007 from France

Re: Phase Plant released

Post Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:27 pm

1.8.1 is out ?

User avatar
qoyl
KVRist
290 posts since 17 Jul, 2015

Re: Phase Plant released

Post Sat Jan 25, 2020 12:33 am

hivkorn wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:27 pm
1.8.1 is out ?
1.8.2 now!

StuSmith
KVRist
82 posts since 3 Aug, 2015

Re: Phase Plant released

Post Sat Jan 25, 2020 12:41 am

Yes!

Version 1.8.1!

This is a hotfix release that fixes some bugs in the last release.

General
- Fixed a crash that could occur after closing a browser and then pressing an arrow key.
- Fixed a crash that occured if the browser failed to create the default user folder on disk.
- Fix for long folder names messing up the browser layout, especially in the wavetable browser.

Phase Plant
- Made it possible to pan and zoom vertically in the LFO curve editor.

Transient Shaper, 3-Band EQ
- Made visualization respond to modulation.

Slice EQ, Carve EQ, Snap Heap, Multipass
- Made it impossible to open more than one large editor from the snapin view.

Version 1.8.2!

This is a hotfix release that fixes a bug that we introduced in the last hotfix release. :flushed:

General
- Fixed a crash that occurred when creating a folder in the save dialog.
- Fixed broken layout in wavetable browser when the author field was filled in.
Audio Plugin Guy | DAW-Agnostic | Sound Design | DnB | Hip Hop | Alt-Rock
Social Media support guy for Kilohearts - https://kilohearts.com/

User avatar
antic604
KVRAF
3657 posts since 4 Jan, 2017 from Warsaw, Poland

Re: Phase Plant released

Post Sat Jan 25, 2020 2:21 am

BONES wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 3:39 pm
It might be if I did stupid shit like that, but I don't, so it's not. Orion had a multi-band effects container for 10 or 12 of the 20 years we worked on it and I never used it even once. I have work to do, there's no time for screwing around doing dumb stuff like that.
Damn, you're like the most closed-minded, shallow person here... And there's a lot of competiton! I make a lot of effort to put myself in others' shoes to understand why they like some feature or worklfow that's alien for me (and probably adapt it for myself, if I find it useful), whereas you're on the opposite end - you brag about not f**king caring and you feel you're superior for it :dog:

It's one thing to not use something, but it's totally different to say it's stupid & dumb implying those that use it are stupid & dumb...
Bitwig 3 // Reason 11 // Studio One 4 Pro @ Lenovo Y730 15'' i7-8750h
my music - https://soundcloud.com/antic604
other stuff - Psytrance in Bitwig Studio tutorial

User avatar
BONES
GRRRRRRR!
9475 posts since 14 Jun, 2001 from Somewhere else, on principle

Re: Phase Plant released

Post Sat Jan 25, 2020 2:33 am

Even though they are? Seems kind of disingenuous to ignore reality.
NOVAkILL 4.0 : Dell G7 17 (Core i7, 8GB RAM, Win10), UR44C, Cubase, DUNE, Thorn, TRK-01, Equator, Hive, Substance, Arcsyn, Aparillo, Phase Plant, Pigments, Trueno, Analog Keys, MicroMonsta, Uno, Skulpt, Craft 2.

User avatar
antic604
KVRAF
3657 posts since 4 Jan, 2017 from Warsaw, Poland

Re: Phase Plant released

Post Sat Jan 25, 2020 5:14 am

BONES wrote:
Sat Jan 25, 2020 2:33 am
Even though they are? Seems kind of disingenuous to ignore reality.
Assuming you're replying to me, because you're so awesome you can't be bothered to use the quote button - are you saying that people using frequency splitters or rack/layer devices are stupid? I'm sorry that you're somehow scared of what you don't understand and react that way. Seek help :(
Bitwig 3 // Reason 11 // Studio One 4 Pro @ Lenovo Y730 15'' i7-8750h
my music - https://soundcloud.com/antic604
other stuff - Psytrance in Bitwig Studio tutorial

SLiC
KVRAF
4418 posts since 2 Dec, 2004 from North Wales

Re: Phase Plant released

Post Sat Jan 25, 2020 5:18 am

Version 1.8.1!

This is a hotfix release that fixes some bugs in the last release.

Version 1.8.2!

This is a hotfix release that fixes a bug that we introduced in the last hotfix release.

:D
i7 Win 10 PC+ Surface, BWS V3, StudioOne 4, Cubase 10, Live 9 suite, X32 Desk. , DM12, Odyssey, P8, Virus TI, 500hp Eurorack, Elektron A4, RYTM, Heat, Digitone, Deluge, OP-Z, Mother+DFAM, Drums, Guitars, Basses and Amps

StuSmith
KVRist
82 posts since 3 Aug, 2015

Re: Phase Plant released

Post Sat Jan 25, 2020 5:22 am

SLiC wrote:
Sat Jan 25, 2020 5:18 am
Version 1.8.1!

This is a hotfix release that fixes some bugs in the last release.

Version 1.8.2!

This is a hotfix release that fixes a bug that we introduced in the last hotfix release.

:D
:hihi:
Audio Plugin Guy | DAW-Agnostic | Sound Design | DnB | Hip Hop | Alt-Rock
Social Media support guy for Kilohearts - https://kilohearts.com/

Mushy Mushy
KVRAF
13773 posts since 7 Sep, 2008

Re: Phase Plant released

Post Sat Jan 25, 2020 5:34 am

... and bought (along with Haas) :oops:
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Trancit
KVRAF
2569 posts since 27 Jul, 2004

Re: Phase Plant released

Post Sat Jan 25, 2020 6:17 am

antic604 wrote:
Sat Jan 25, 2020 2:21 am
BONES wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 3:39 pm
It might be if I did stupid shit like that, but I don't, so it's not. Orion had a multi-band effects container for 10 or 12 of the 20 years we worked on it and I never used it even once. I have work to do, there's no time for screwing around doing dumb stuff like that.
Damn, you're like the most closed-minded, shallow person here... And there's a lot of competiton! I make a lot of effort to put myself in others' shoes to understand why they like some feature or worklfow that's alien for me (and probably adapt it for myself, if I find it useful), whereas you're on the opposite end - you brag about not f**king caring and you feel you're superior for it :dog:

It's one thing to not use something, but it's totally different to say it's stupid & dumb implying those that use it are stupid & dumb...
Perhaps you understand now that BONES is the only FOE on my list... :lol:

User avatar
Tj Shredder
KVRAF
3842 posts since 6 Jan, 2017 from Outer Space

Re: Phase Plant released

Post Sat Jan 25, 2020 6:35 am

But isn’t it entertaining? All social media are just entertainment anyway... :lol:

highkoo
KVRAF
4053 posts since 26 Jun, 2004

Re: Phase Plant released

Post Sat Jan 25, 2020 9:01 pm

Image
ImageImageImageImage

User avatar
fmr
KVRAF
9168 posts since 16 Mar, 2003 from Porto - Portugal

Re: Phase Plant released

Post Sun Jan 26, 2020 2:26 am

These last posts seem to me like "ad hominem" attacks, that have nothing to do with the topic of this thread. For the sake of the discussion, I think things like this should be avoided.

I understand and admit a joke, but I think it's time to get back on topic. I don't always agree with Bones myself, but I try to refrain from personal attacks, and stick to the subject.
Fernando (FMR)

Return to “Instruments”